This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glowing eyes effect

Who else here thinks it's greatly underused? It's one of the coolest things about the Goa'uld, but they seldom ever use it, and when they do it's usually just to say "look, this person's a Goa'uld". It would be nice if they could actually use it to add dramatic effect to what a Goa'uld's saying every now and then. Let's face it, if you were some evil megalomaniac who happened to have the ability to make your eyes glow at will, surely you'd want to make the most of it to intimidate people, and to remind them that you're an all powerful god.

i read that it happened when they experienced a surge of emotion. I imagine that the most common emotion to cause it would be anger.

Comment

i read that it happened when they experienced a surge of emotion.
      That's how the glowy-eyes work in the film.

Comment

I think it is when they get a little poopy in there pants
        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptah
          if you were some evil megalomaniac who happened to have the ability to make your eyes glow at will, surely you'd want to make the most of it to intimidate people, and to remind them that you're an all powerful god.
          Seth did that
          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Well we probably don't see it so much no because the goa'uld we were fighting had no face or eyes to speak off. There is nothing to glow, so we never see it. Now, we are fighting the replicators mostly and they aren't goa'ulds so no glowy eyes. So my point is, that some people see it as TPTB not using it anymore, i think its because we haven't seen or faces a traditional goa'uld in a while.
            Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

I wasn't really referring to recently, I just think it's always been somewhat underused - it's hardly ever been used to add a bit of punch whenever the Goa'uld's saying something ominous, the way the Ra did in the movie.

Comment

yeah ra ues it to make dannys know whos boss, i have to aggree, only time they use it is basically to say there goa'ulds and since they have the voice aswell makes it rather redudant.

do they cost alot to do?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think the effect needs to be used alot more in the show.

Comment

well with the spare cash from anderson, maybe theyll be able to do more!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

hopefully

Comment

Yeah it is a pretty cool effect.
                        -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                        -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by Ptah
                          Who else here thinks it's greatly underused? It's one of the coolest things about the Goa'uld, but they seldom ever use it, and when they do it's usually just to say "look, this person's a Goa'uld". It would be nice if they could actually use it to add dramatic effect to what a Goa'uld's saying every now and then. Let's face it, if you were some evil megalomaniac who happened to have the ability to make your eyes glow at will, surely you'd want to make the most of it to intimidate people, and to remind them that you're an all powerful god.

well they have used the effect a lot of times and the effect has kind of worn off, but i loved it and hope they use it more
                          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Working...
                          X