Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the audience want Col Young to hate himself ?feel regret or remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Col Young hate himself for what he did?

What Rush did was wrong,And what Col Young to lie and got rid of Dr Rush is also wrong.

But can we really judge SGU crew ?The SGU are living of the most difficult extraordinary situation.

In the end, every individual SGU member are their own judge.

If Col Young hate himself ,that means there is still a decent man deep down inside,suffering under his own conscience.

On the other hand , the crew depends on Col Young,and they can't afford to have a commander who doubt himself.Col Young would just act fine and move on.

I don't want Young to hate himeself. I do want to reflect on the consquence of his actions. What he did was pretty extreme? But was it worth it? Do Rush's crimes fit his punishment? That is what I want to see from Young.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Young has done alot of extreme things lately, I'm sure he can find some way to justify those actions to himself but ultimately he'll definitely have to suffer some consequences for what he's done.

Spoiler:
      Punching a superior officer a few times, almost tackling him with another body before that.

And then his fist fight with Rush and abandoning him on the planet.

So something is bound to happen.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

if young became a crying who why me type character i would be disappointed. he grew a back bone let him have his moment
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          if young became a crying who why me type character i would be disappointed. he grew a back bone let him have his moment
          Theres a difference between growing a back bone and marooning someone on an emtpy planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
            i know the back bone came in the earlier eps
            What I'm saying is that if he has grown a back bone and chosen to take charge and responsibility for once, do we really like what he's become, or what he has been revealed to be?

Someone who will potentially leave a man without food or water on an empty rock, with a dead ship to sit there and mock him. Young really shocked me in this episode, mostly towards the end as his demeanour completely changed.

Comment

I don't want Young to hate himself or second-guess. I want him to be humiliated when Rush returns and lose his command. Everything Rush said about him was true. Add to it now that Young has shown his violent temper and his willingness to lie to get what he wants, I think he's worse now than Rush has ever been. Rush lies. Rush manipulates (though I still say that he didn't make anyone sit in that chair, every adult can make choices for themselves.) Rush at least, I think, has a solid reasoning behind his ruthless acts, beyond "I want to do this to make myself feel better."
              I'd say that Scott will make a better leader. As soon as he learns what his commander is really made of. Wray might too, but she's got Earth breathing down her neck.

Comment

I think he should feel bad looking back on it, but come to the conclusion that whats done is done and no reason to dwell on that past. He should carry it with him but not let it run him

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                  What I'm saying is that if he has grown a back bone and chosen to take charge and responsibility for once, do we really like what he's become, or what he has been revealed to be?

Someone who will potentially leave a man without food or water on an empty rock, with a dead ship to sit there and mock him. Young really shocked me in this episode, mostly towards the end as his demeanour completely changed.
                  I agree. It was okay for Wray to set up a kangaroo court to try him because he knew he was innocent, but he chooses to play judge, jury and executioner when it comes to Rush. The reeks of the worst kind of double standard.
                  sigpic

Comment

We all know that Rush will just gate to the next planet that destiny gates to and he'll come back aboard. Young probably knows it too.

I agree though that his actions seem more than a little drastic, why not just show everyone the recording and have him locked up on destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                      I don't want Young to hate himself or second-guess. I want him to be humiliated when Rush returns and lose his command. Everything Rush said about him was true. Add to it now that Young has shown his violent temper and his willingness to lie to get what he wants, I think he's worse now than Rush has ever been. Rush lies. Rush manipulates (though I still say that he didn't make anyone sit in that chair, every adult can make choices for themselves.) Rush at least, I think, has a solid reasoning behind his ruthless acts, beyond "I want to do this to make myself feel better."
                      I'd say that Scott will make a better leader. As soon as he learns what his commander is really made of. Wray might too, but she's got Earth breathing down her neck.
                      only disagree with the bold part. Scott wouldn't make a good leader (but he would make a fine "breeder" )

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                        Young has done alot of extreme things lately, I'm sure he can find some way to justify those actions to himself but ultimately he'll definitely have to suffer some consequences for what he's done.

Spoiler:
                        Punching a superior officer a few times, almost tackling him with another body before that.

And then his fist fight with Rush and abandoning him on the planet.

So something is bound to happen.
                        Spoiler:
                        Sorry, a superior officer? Aren't Telford and Young both the same rank?

I've seen this posted before, but I think all you could say is fellow officer, not superior officer.

Comment

I dont want him to hate himself or remorse anything. He is what he is.
                          I just want him to own up to what he did and have some justice placed on him.

I'd think he'd regret his actions when the Destiny Dies w/o Rush but i dont think the writers are going to show that, since rush is sure to return, being a main char of the show.

Comment

I think Young deserves to face the consequences, I don't care if he ever feels remorse for his rash actions......actually I do. I'm not a fan of Young, so the less screen-time he has, the better for me. So, yes I want him to face the consequences, but if he does any reflecting, I'd prefer it to be done off screen. By the way, it's just my opinion.

Comment

He's leadership qualities are in decline and he will slowly become a dictator not a true leader

Comment

Working...
                              X