Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the audience want Col Young to hate himself ?feel regret or remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I think most fans just hate Young and want to see him gone. I'm not one of those, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
      To be honest, I think most fans just hate Young and want to see him gone. I'm not one of those, though.
      I don't hate Young at all. Actually, he has become pretty much my favorite character on this show as of late. However, I do think he will have some regrets about what he did to Rush. I can see it eating at him a little bit.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Its an interesting question, I would like him to realise the mistake he made in sending the only man with the skill to keep the ship going (since we know that there are space battles up ahead there will be damage sustained. Rush will be needed for those, no matter how good the rest of the science team are they aren't as good as Rush.) So seeing him come to the realisation that he did something because he can't control his anger will be interesting. I don't want him to break down though, that would be too far for a man who has made it that far in the uniform.
        Remorse isn't something I want him to show either, he needs to act a little like Rush actually, realise that leaving Rush was a personal choice not the logical choice.

Comment

i think Colonel Young should feel all the symptoms of loss , then of course divorce that woman she not worth it like Eli's mother is to him and Wray's girlfriend is to her
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

The outcome of 'Justice' will come down to how TPTB tell the story. Whether Rush manages to get the ship into space and chase the Destiny, or whether he gets there by stargate, how many episodes that Rush is not on Destiny will decide how Young reacts.

If Rush is away for more than one episode, it could start to eat at Rush but it he returns in the next episode there won't really be much chance of Young regretting anything. I want Rush to be on his own for at least two episodes, just to see what that alien ship is like and to see how the ship is with people doubting Young.
            Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
              Would Col Young hate himself for what he did?

What Rush did was wrong,And what Col Young to lie and got rid of Dr Rush is also wrong.

But can we really judge SGU crew ?The SGU are living of the most difficult extraordinary situation.

In the end, every individual SGU member are their own judge.

Does the audience want Col Young to hate himself ?feel regret or remorse?

If Col Young hate himself ,that means there is still a decent man deep down inside,suffering under his own conscience.

On the other hand , the crew depends on Col Young,and they can't afford to have a commander who doubt himself.Col Young would just act fine and move on.
              Young is a former SG Team Leader. He was also the commander of an SGC Base. He knew enough to know how to handle the situation in a calm collected manner when he was accused of murder.

HE KNEW BETTER. I suspect not only that what he did to Rush was pre meditated, but that the crew at least suspects that he left Rush for dead on the planet. I know I would, Rush would be the top suspect on my list for deleteing that file, after all he's altered the computer before, and made a power play as soon as Young was out of the picture. They aren't stupid, they at least suspect what really happend to him, and I doubt they care.

As for "These are the wrong people, this is the worst situation...."
              You have to be prepaird for this type of possibility before the IOA will even let you step though the Stargate.

My conclusion: Young prentends to be a noble leader, He's just as cold and calulating as Rush, just without the anti-social behavior. His use of violence toward his co-workers is an abuse of power and military training.
              Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
                Young is a former SG Team Leader. He was also the commander of an SGC Base. He knew enough to know how to handle the situation in a calm collected manner when he was accused of murder.

HE KNEW BETTER. I suspect not only that what he did to Rush was pre meditated, but that the crew at least suspects that he left Rush for dead on the planet. I know I would, Rush would be the top suspect on my list for deleteing that file, after all he's altered the computer before, and made a power play as soon as Young was out of the picture. They aren't stupid, they at least suspect what really happend to him, and I doubt they care.

As for "These are the wrong people, this is the worst situation...."
                You have to be prepaird for this type of possibility before the IOA will even let you step though the Stargate.

My conclusion: Young prentends to be a noble leader, He's just as cold and calulating as Rush, just without the anti-social behavior. His use of violence toward his co-workers is an abuse of power and military training.

While my opinion of Young is that he is as bad as, or worse, than Rush, I don't agree yet that his actions were premeditated. The confrontation was, for sure. I think that his abuse of others arises from a very bad anger management problem. Maybe on Earth, he was able to keep most of it under the surface, but the pressure of being in this awful situation, with all the wrong people, have made him paranoid and he's lost his self-control.

I agree that the others on the ship, at least the ones that matter to us as viewers, suspect Young did something to Rush. I am 99% positive that Eli does, for sure. He knows too much; he should watch his back, and be careful what he says. I don't envy his position now at all.

People on the ship, some of them, do care about Rush. Maybe not on a personal level, but on the same level he cares about them; they need him. Eli, TJ, and perhaps Chloe (doubt it, but perhaps) may actually care about him as a human being.

Comment

It's funny, I was just saying something about this in the Young Appreciation thread. Yeah, I really think he should feel remorse for what he did. I think he is one of the nobler characters on the show. Yes, he has his foibles, but that only makes him human. As a leader, I respect him. Or at least I did... now, I'm really not so sure. I still want to like his character, but I think, in order for me to maintain that respect for his leadership that I had before, (a)
                  Spoiler:
                  he beat the tar out of Telford (who is admittedly a dislikable character)
                  and, to a greater extent, (b) his decision to maroon Rush, I would really like to see Young reflect on his actions and, at the very least, feel ambivalent, if not full-fledged regret for what he did.

Comment

I for one don't want him to be remorseful. Why should he?

I don't want any "good guys" vs. "bad guys" in SGU. Stargate is filled to the brim with good Goa'uld, bad Goa'uld, good Human, bad Human, good Ancient, bad Ancient, good Wraith, bad Wraith, goof Replicator, bad Replicator, etc,

Young, should rethink his decision and maybe regret not having Rush's expertise, but I want him to remember he did the "right" thing.

This is just going to be about Young trying to find the people he can trust to do the jobs needed to be done.

Comment

Depends who you ask Young vs Rush is such a polarizing topic in fandom.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                      X