The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Spoilers for Season 6 onwards (and S8? Speculation really !)
    J
    u
    s
    t
    P
    l
    a
    y
    i
    n
    g
    s
    a
    f
    e

Add me to the list,as I wish the SGC could send back a recovery team using the Prometheus and mini-subs. Perhaps they could retrieve the lost info that way? Better still,given the right weather conditions,they could trace and recover all, or most, pieces of the Heliopolis Gate and DHD.If the pieces could be reassembled,the SGC would have a handy "Spare" Gate again .....

(Actually a better potential shortcut, would be to borrow Thor and an Asgard ship,to do the job. That way, hopefully, Thor could beam everything up ! )
    thats perfect I love it, welcome to the list of those who wish to return to Heliopis :-
    D

Comment

You can add me to that list too... It's a great idea.

Comment

That translation device reminds me of the DHD... that red bulb thing.

Comment

Eh, I'd like them to go back, but I also like the idea that the meaning of life stuff is just out of reach.

I am a big fan of this episode because I love Catherine as a character and wish we saw more of her. That and the epsiode is priceless just for the look on Carter's face when she first sees Ernest

Comment

Now sending the ship there would be a cool idea, I know Daniel would go ape at a chance like that.

Comment

OMG I loved this ep, ok, not have SFX but I liked the story and meeting place. I’m even painting my room black and having gold writing on all 4 walls for each race, twill be cool.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I never remember how much I like this one until I see it again. Now that we have a ship (or ships, sometimes), SG-1 ought to head back to P3-Whatever and see if anything's left. Now that we've met the glowy-peoples and the Asgaard, Danny might get a better shot at translating the element-writing. Another great idea that went to the Pit of Plot Ideas in the Sky. Drat.

I sense another fic. Must add to To-Do list.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
                  This is the one episode that I've never seen. Anyone know where I can download it?

Phil
                  You've never seen it. Ohh man! It rocks.
                  You always gotta go that one step further dontcha!

Comment

I'll say! discovering that the Stargate was actually activated in the nineteen forties, I was as floored as Daniel was!

That device is definitely Ancient technology. Maybe combined a little bit with some of the other tchnology, but it would stand to reason that the Ancients built it since they were the most advanced of the four races.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

That would explain why the Stargate was stored upright in the ep 1969. I think either Gateworld or another place questioned that.
                      Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
                      www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
                      2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                        Good episode, with the hilarious reactions to a naked old man suddenly appearing.
                        That was very funny, Sam in particular with her "Oh, boy" and then quickly stepping sideways and out of the frame.

Love this episode, especially as it is from the first season and I still think it stands up against the competition of some of the greatest episodes in the following seasons.

Jawdropping moment: watching Earnest step through the gate for the first time back in the day, complete with the clunky diving equipment and the rope.

Plus, Paul McGillion, whom I knew to look out for this time around, was interesting as young Earnest.

I felt so sorry for Earnest, having spent so many years all alone. And the following exchange between him and Catherine was just so sad:

Earnest: "Forgave me. You forgave me long ago."
                        Catherine: "No. I didn't."
                        Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                          That was very funny, Sam in particular with her "Oh, boy" and then quickly stepping sideways and out of the frame.

Love this episode, especially as it is from the first season and I still think it stands up against the competition of some of the greatest episodes in the following seasons.

Jawdropping moment: watching Earnest step through the gate for the first time back in the day, complete with the clunky diving equipment and the rope.

Plus, Paul McGillion, whom I knew to look out for this time around, was interesting as young Earnest.

I felt so sorry for Earnest, having spent so many years all alone. And the following exchange between him and Catherine was just so sad:

Earnest: "Forgave me. You forgave me long ago."
                          Catherine: "No. I didn't."
                          yeah this ep was really sad, i think it managed to cover a lot of emotions as well as get some great si-fi in there

i think it was one of the producers that said that this episode (and everything about it AKA meaning f life stuff) is why they started making the series

season 7
                          Spoiler:
                          now that earth has it's own ship prometheus do'ya think they might return to the planet to check it out??

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo

season 7
                            Spoiler:
                            now that earth has it's own ship prometheus do'ya think they might return to the planet to check it out??

Not for a while. The hyperdrive engines that we currently have are very unstable.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                              Not for a while. The hyperdrive engines that we currently have are very unstable.
                              Not to mention that the vessel (or vessels) are really earth defense platforms...

Comment

I would like them to go back just to see what daniel says the asgrad inscription says even if i do know what it really says.
                                (chech out http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2024)

In fifth race daneil says he was able to translate the ancient writing wih jacks help. so i would also like to see that.
                                -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                                GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                                M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                                ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                                geekcode

Comment

Working...
                                X