5 min 21 sec & 6 out of 15

Not good.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      5 min 21 sec & 6 out of 15

Not good.
      It's not a competition. Well, the jigsaws might be but the quiz certainly not so.
      It's a refresh-your-memory thing.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know it's not a competition, I do not really care about the results.

I am just trying to make thoe who do think it is a competition feel good that they are better than me.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's not a competition. Well, the jigsaws might be but the quiz certainly not so.
          It's a refresh-your-memory thing.
          That is what losers say.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

2 minutes and 15 seconds
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              I am just trying to make thoe who do think it is a competition feel good that they are better than me.
              Aw, that's so sweet.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That is what losers say.
              Darn it...

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                Have you at least seen a trailer?
                Only if it was on a DVD in connection with the TV show. When the movie came out, I was completely oblivious to it. I didn't become aware of Stargate until after the year 2001.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Now try the right one... cause I forgot to change to link.
                  2 minutes and 15 seconds
                  4 Minutes and 17 Seconds.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

2 minutes and 15 seconds
                    Oh, 1 second... ...2:16

Comment

3:15 14/15

Loved this episode! I feel bad for poor Ernest for being alone for so long! I loved seeing a young Paul McGillion! Loved seeing Catherine and Ernest reconnect. Great acting for the elderly Ernest!

Great intro to the four great races! Loved the elements special effect.

Learning about the universe is not more important than having meaningful relationships.
                      Last edited by BethHG; 10 June 2018, 02:57 PM. Reason: Forgot the quiz score

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                        3:15 14/15
                        Way to go!

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                        Learning about the universe is not more important than having meaningful relationships.
                        I think without meaningful relationships, what's the point of all that knowledge. I mean, you'd have no one to share it with, to be excited with, to revel in the material, to surprise...

Comment

Errors:

1. If Catherine was 21 years old in 1945, then she must have born in 1924. So a 4 years old should have player her in the SG movie in 1928. (Not to mention the Origins series now... )

2. Daniel also says : "These images are the graphical representations of the basics elements: Electrons revolving around the proton. The number of the electrons indicating the element."
                          But it is not right as the number of protons defies a chemical element and not the number of electrons.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_element
                          My comment : They should have asked Sam.

3. An interesting dialing error. The locking chevron is released already while the gate is spinning:
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x10/02.jpg

4. How could they dial Heliopolis? Have they found the gate address somewhere? Because even if it is also the closest planet to Earth like Abydos and we can't count the stellar drift, the coordinates must have been found somewhere before 1945.
                          My comment: I am guessing they found it in some ruins where the Germans had explorations (maybe in the Middle East or Egypt).
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            1. If Catherine was 21 years old in 1945, then she must have born in 1924. So a 4 years old should have player her in the SG movie in 1928. (Not to mention the Origins series now... )
                            This isn't an error. SG-1 writers altered Catherine's age from what it should have been in accordance to 1994 stargate canon. Origins, on the other hand, does keep that canon in mind while it throws SG-1 canon out the window.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            4. How could they dial Heliopolis? Have they found the gate address somewhere? Because even if it is also the closest planet to Earth like Abydos and we can't count the stellar drift, the coordinates must have been found somewhere before 1945.
                            My comment: I am guessing they found it in some ruins where the Germans had explorations (maybe in the Middle East or Egypt).
                            No, it's explained in the episode. They were randomly putting in combinations and one sorta got a hit. It's called sheer luck.

Comment

This is one of those episodes I don't understand the hype. I don't hate it but I don't love it. The part about the four races is interesting but I don't think it really gets good until later when it's developed. In all reality Ernest should have does years ago. I was more interested in the gate being dialed in the 1940s and the first time we manually dial. It's only a fair FH
                              I feel the same way. It's okay, but I can't understand how it gets listed as a top episode of the entire series, it's not even in my top for season 1.
                              sigpic
                              signature art by lunasera

Comment

I love this episode it's 1 of my favs and I think it was such a big turning point in the series because this episode confirmed many pivotal things, firstly it confirmed that they had managed to open the Stargate before in the 1940s before the gate was buried again, secondly it also confirmed that the Goa'ulds did not originally build the Stargate system, and it also confirmed the alliance between the 4 races.
                                I also liked Caroline's flashbacks of her with her fiance Ernest, it was such a heartwarming ep to see her and Earnest reunited after being separated for 50 years! They're such a good couple together, it was also heartwarming to see Earnest finally being able to go home after being trapped on that planet all alone for so many years. I wonder whether Catherine & Earnest finally got married after they came home? Earnest was never mentioned after this ep which is disappointing...we know that Catherine ultimately died in S8, but we never learned what happened between her & Ernest after this ep, I hope they stayed together until the end.

Overall this was an all-round great ep!
                                Last edited by LindaL100; 12 April 2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X