No announcement yet.

The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that we have ships, we certainly should try to go back to the planet. All that "meaning of life stuff" could have great potential because just the philosophy and into the practical.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

yo

Comment

Believe it or not, this is my favorite episode from Season One. Loved the scene were Ernst poked Daniel and Daniel says “ We’re real”. As someone earlier said, the episode went from funny to very sentimental. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
          Believe it or not, this is my favorite episode from Season One. Loved the scene were Ernst poked Daniel and Daniel says “ We’re real”. As someone earlier said, the episode went from funny to very sentimental. Great stuff.
          It also gave the sense of sooooo much potential.
          Really, for me its like, wow this is going to be interesting finding the answers. I never had a sense that this was just going to be a one off ep with no payout. I always felt that it was a little snapshot of what was to come.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This was a certainly a very good episode.

However I had to have a chuckle when Daniel reads Ernests journal which describes the castle as being like a 'United Nations of the Stars'. There was no United Nations when Ernest left earth in 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by LennyLen
              This was a certainly a very good episode.

However I had to have a chuckle when Daniel reads Ernests journal which describes the castle as being like a 'United Nations of the Stars'. There was no United Nations when Ernest left earth in 1945.
              haha, good catch... maybe he coined the phase himself and no one knew it. Great minds and all that.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wow, yes, one of my top fave episodes of SG1.

I also wondered if they could return in a ship. As Sam and Daniel agreed, being close to earth in the Stargate system is why they got a lock on it anyway. Even if the structure is in ruins, it has a buried Stargate that earth could try to retrieve for future use. And perhaps the other more protected rooms survived. Oh, well, maybe S11?

Just sayin', it was a grand intro to the other races, esp a nice one leading to Jack's encounter with the Asgard.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

a very good episode indeed...exapt that old naked guy...that was pointless...
                  so some of the writings are of the asgard and of the ancients...i wonder which is of the furlings and wich is of the nox...

Comment

Well i beleive the swishy righting is furling because it is the same writing as the one used in Paradise Lost.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

they should definatly return to the planet ussing the deady to get te libray and from there should translte it from that it yould probally give them many new tech abilities. o and cathrine died in like season 5

Comment

1, You should really learn to use capitalization and punctuation. Your post was kinda confusing.

2, Catherine didn't die in season 5, she died in
                        Spoiler:
                        season 8, at the very end of the season.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

good epsiode too bad we will never know more about that room and what secrets it may had held about the 4 great races and meaning of life

loved the beginning with jack and danielwatching the old tapes
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There is a new reason to go back to this planet -- The Ori.

While there might be some "meaning of life stuff" to be gathered, there is likely to be some technical and scientific insights available in examining the library device that might come in useful in fighting off the Ori.

It might even tell how to find the Furlings.

As for why there was no reconnection after SG1 returned, the part of the castle that held the stargate was undereatten by wave action, and so a large part of the building might have fallen on top of the stargate.

The Device, in another part of the building, is probably safe. Even if it fell too, it is tough, and would likely survive, as would be the Stargate.

Sending a ship to that world with a supply of earth-moving and diving gear could excavate the stargate and if necessary the library devise and Ta-Da, Meaning of life stuff and Ori Defenses.

jtg

Comment

Originally posted by jtg
                              There is a new reason to go back to this planet -- The Ori.

While there might be some "meaning of life stuff" to be gathered, there is likely to be some technical and scientific insights available in examining the library device that might come in useful in fighting off the Ori.

It might even tell how to find the Furlings.

As for why there was no reconnection after SG1 returned, the part of the castle that held the stargate was undereatten by wave action, and so a large part of the building might have fallen on top of the stargate.

The Device, in another part of the building, is probably safe. Even if it fell too, it is tough, and would likely survive, as would be the Stargate.

Sending a ship to that world with a supply of earth-moving and diving gear could excavate the stargate and if necessary the library devise and Ta-Da, Meaning of life stuff and Ori Defenses.

jtg
                              Of all the storylines that the writers have chosen to resurrect over the years, you would think that this one would be a most interesting choice. Maybe they just haven't developed a good enough script... Or perhaps they just feel it was explored enough already. Regardless, I would have liked to see an ep where they went back as well.

Comment

I want that story to be dead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X