No announcement yet.

The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, why would they need to return if only to look at the text? Wouldn't they have recorded everything already?
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
      Of course, why would they need to return if only to look at the text? Wouldn't they have recorded everything already?
      They need to go back and retrieve the book in the pestial. It was a hologram of sorts. Although we only saw two pages, there probably is a lot more. Daniel had to leave before he even got started.

Comment

I don't think he had his camara at the time or it was off i don't know, but he never tried or at least said anything about the other three writings. he did get the ancient writing but they never told us what that said either.
        -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
        GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
        M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
        ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
        geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
          I don't think he had his camara at the time or it was off i don't know, but he never tried or at least said anything about the other three writings. he did get the ancient writing but they never told us what that said either.
          He had a camera at least. In Fifth Race, there were pictures of the writing on the walls from the four races.

Comment

well just watched this again last night on the dvd from my dvd mag. brill episode, love how it sets up alot of important stuff for the rest of the series!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Like the star book thingy. Daniel, yet again was funny how he would have stayed to study it because of the benefit for Earth even though he would have died and not been able to tell anyone. Pointless i think.

Thank god for Jack saving him

Comment

was more for his benefit, for the sake of knowing it!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                  That was very funny, Sam in particular with her "Oh, boy" and then quickly stepping sideways and out of the frame.
                  I was in hysterics the first time I saw that! And its not really that funny!

I liked this episode. One of the better season 1 eps. Some nice character interaction going on- especially between Ernest and Catherine. Oh and I love the bit between Teal'c and Jack (We have a stargate, we need a DHD, or whatever he says!) Great line!

Comment

I watched this episode again yesterday.I haven't seen this episode in years.Good episode where we find about the 4 races I reallly like this episode and was really fun to see it again
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Great Episode. Since I've started watching all my Stargate DVD's again (by season) I recently watched this episode two days ago.

I was curious:

Does anyone know who the four races were that wrote the "book?" Or at least the four races that convened at the supposed "meeting room" (the room where the "book" was found)? I'm guessing Asgard, Ancients and maybe the Nox. Who the other race is I have no clue. Any ideas anyone?

Also, about returning to the planet. Possible spoiler next, so tread carefully if you don't want to see it.
                      Spoiler:
                      SG-1 tried to return right away, but the gate wouldn't connect. General Hammond made the assumption that the "fortress" (what to call the place?) was gone since the gate didn't connect. So I'm guessing that the SGC assumes there's no reason to return, since they're guessing the "book" was destroyed.

Personally, I was curious to see what the "book" had to say, and hope (against the odds) that some SG team will make their way to the planet (by ship since the Stargate is out of the question) and see about retrieving the "book".

Comment

The other race was the Furlings (as we found out in "The Fifth Race.") BTW, just so you know, if you are posting in an episode thread, you don't need a spoiler warning when talking about that episode.

Rocket4477
                        Rocky

Comment

Though I normally don't like discussing minor things that seem to contradict a "rule" of stargate travel... I noticed that when the young Dr. Littlefield goes through the gate at the beginning of the episode, the tube that runs from his air-tight suit to what I'd assume was a source of oxygen is severed. Dr. Littlefield, the tube running from his suit to the source of oxygen, and the source of oxygen itself is certainly a discreet unit in so much as, say, a hypothetical ship that could travel through the gate is . Since we've learned (Spoiler is from Atlantis - 38 Minutes)
                          Spoiler:
                          that the Stargate will only transfer matter in discreet units
                          , shouldn't Dr. Littlefield have been killed (i.e. not re-materialized)? A minor nitpick indeed, but it is noteworthy.

Comment

You also kinda have to remember that this was only their first season, so some inconsistencies are gonna happen.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              Eh, I'd like them to go back, but I also like the idea that the meaning of life stuff is just out of reach.
                              I agree. Otherwise there’d be no story. Just end of story.
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Makes one wonder if Ernest hadn’t been there to show Daniel what a wasted life looked like, if Daniel would have tried to camp out in the hall for the rest of his life to translate that ‘meaning of life stuff.’

I liked it when Jack said “Daniel, before your head explodes, may I remind that we've got more important things to deal with right now?” when Danny was like a kid in a candy store thinking of all the knowledge that the hall contained.
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X