The Torment of Tantalus (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
    When you are in Robes, or behind the bodysuit of the Mask or have your face overridden with a Stargate water effect, your options on Stargate for roles are plenty

There should be a game to see how many Jaffa were reused.
    ...or multiplied on screen.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I think Mike Dupud wins that!

Comment

I always wondered about who they got to play the Jaffa, did they scout Gyms and training halls? The look of a Jaffa is pretty physical and while you can run actors obviously as Jaffa it would of made sense to recruit people straight from the Gym for the Jaffa Armor.

Comment

Or hire military! They are at least used to running with lots of weight on.

Comment

LOL!!!

You guys really think that's actual armor -- for the record, the Jaffa armor was all made of rubber. I've seen a few screen used Jaffa "armors" -- rubber and foam all the way. And cloth for the "mail armor".

Bra'tac's mail skirt is real from the looks of it. But anything else is all foam and rubber.

I own a rubber and foam first age elf from LOTR -- not as heavy as you might think. My iron mail shirt, heavy when it's in the bag, light as a feather when I'm wearing it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I never thought it was real armor. I was simply saying that they probably got gym people to put IN the armor because Jaffa warriors were supposed to be buff .

Comment

They're all stunt people and extra's.

Sure, they're all trained but I think most of them are professional stuntmen.

Comment

Must have been hot in all that rubber and foam stuff.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                    Must have been hot in all that rubber and foam stuff.
                    Yes, hot it is, though I'm not familiar with the kind of weather they would work in on outside shoots. A lot of times it seems to be raining.

Stage shootings -- yes, very hot underneath all those lights.

Comment

The mail shirts were knitted, probably in gray yarn and spray painted to look silver.

I believe the two actors who played the most different roles were the man who played the original Chaka and the one who played Michael in 1969. They each played 8 different roles.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild View Post
                        This is the one episode that I've never seen. Anyone know where I can download it?

Phil
                        If you have an Amazon prime account it's available for streaming

Comment

And here we are... the second time we see Catherine Langford in Stargate, and it's a fascinating meet. That's for sure.

So, as it apparently happened, Langford and his team managed to open a wormhole in 1945 by sheer luck and Ernest Littlefield, then Catherine's fiancé (though he never properly asked her father for her hand in marriage and in those days that was still the appropriate thing to do), walked through it wearing that ridiculous diving outfit -- and ... the gate shuts down and Littlefield is lost until Daniel identifies the symbols of the address and goes to Catherine to ask her about it.

She says she had only had a little bit of an idea what her father and Ernest were doing, from what they overheard, and that the project didn't have room for a 21 year old woman. She wasn't even aware that the stargate was opened and that Ernest walked through instead of died in a lab explosion.

You can see that Origins is probably going to contradict this story, and I am not entirely sure that's a good thing.

They find Ernest alive and .... naked. Sam's reaction is brilliant when he starts hugging everyone.

He's been alone all these years. Well... he did have his imaginary girlfriend with him and he kept a journal of what he found in "Heliopolis". The four races, the UN of the universe.

I love, love, love, love, love, love... the writings on the wall. I love the projection of the elements. The setbuilders did an excellent job on this one.

And of course, super young Paul McGillion.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Torment of Tantalus?"

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            She says she had only had a little bit of an idea what her father and Ernest were doing, from what they overheard, and that the project didn't have room for a 21 year old woman. She wasn't even aware that the stargate was opened and that Ernest walked through instead of died in a lab explosion.

You can see that Origins is probably going to contradict this story, and I am not entirely sure that's a good thing.
                            To clarify, she said that the military had no room for a 21 year old woman in 1945. Origins predates this as it is instead set when the gate was still in Egypt prior to it being relocated in 1939.

Has it been revealed yet how old Ellie Gall's Catherine is supposed to be? If she's supposed to be playing a ~15 year old, there wouldn't be a consistency problem (not within the TV show's continuity anyway).

I would also note that in the first look teaser it's said that this is where they "pick back up with the Stargate 10 years later" so it indeed seems to be set in 1938.

Comment

A 15-year old out in the world in 1938 -- yeah, talk about realism going out the window there.

Comment

Out in the world? She's with her father at his residence near the site of his dig, the same as she was when the gate was first discovered. It was probably expected to be a relatively safe location until it wasn't, leading to the gate's relocation in 1939.

Comment

Working...
                                X