Bennett & Caroline (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bennett & Caroline (Spoilers)

I just caught up with last nights episode. Is Caroline/Echo responsible for Bennett's left arm? Did they actually know each other before she became a doll?
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

They seem to be implying that, yeah.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
      I just caught up with last nights episode. Is Caroline/Echo responsible for Bennett's left arm? Did they actually know each other before she became a doll?
      Did you watch both episodes HAL? I don't want to start talking/speculating and ruin anything, is all.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Did you watch both episodes HAL? I don't want to start talking/speculating and ruin anything, is all.
        Yep and I saw the flash back that Echo had with her arm trapped underneath the slab of concrete. I'm assuming that that was planet by Bennett. I'm assuming that Bennett implanted the memory while Echo was unconscious at the DC dollhouse. I'm normally good about such timeline related things but this just didn't click for some reason.

Comment

Caroline and Bennett were part of the same team, with Caroline in charge. Something went wrong, Bennett became trapped by falling debris and Caroline left her there because she felt SHE was more important.

That's what I got out of the flashback and I would dearly love for Bennett to be right and for Echo-Caroline to be evil. I think it'd be a nice twist.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Caroline and Bennett were part of the same team, with Caroline in charge. Something went wrong, Bennett became trapped by falling debris and Caroline left her there because she felt SHE was more important.

That's what I got out of the flashback and I would dearly love for Bennett to be right and for Echo-Caroline to be evil. I think it'd be a nice twist.
            That would be a nice twist. So it begs the question, just what were they doing working together to being with?

Oh and WTF with that damnable Dr. Horrible pix? If we could still RED people, I'd be quite tempted.

Comment

Well, as I noted in the episode discussion, the clip was interesting because it definitely pained Caroline as more of an eco-terrorist than just a college kid with a cause. Makes her a lot less innocent, in my opinion.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep and I saw the flash back that Echo had with her arm trapped underneath the slab of concrete. I'm assuming that that was planet by Bennett. I'm assuming that Bennett implanted the memory while Echo was unconscious at the DC dollhouse. I'm normally good about such timeline related things but this just didn't click for some reason.
                Okay, I just wanted to make sure before we started talking

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                Well, as I noted in the episode discussion, the clip was interesting because it definitely pained Caroline as more of an eco-terrorist than just a college kid with a cause. Makes her a lot less innocent, in my opinion.
                This was definitely the vibe I got from it too. I'm not sure I'd like the show to take that direction for its conclusion though....take the character who's been a hybrid heroine/damsel in distress for the entire run of the show, and make her into a villain in favour of some guest/recurring character who's only introduced at the end? Seems a bit of a "ha ha, thanks for watching, sucker!" to me.

If they go that way, that is.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Okay, I just wanted to make sure before we started talking

This was definitely the vibe I got from it too. I'm not sure I'd like the show to take that direction for its conclusion though....take the character who's been a hybrid heroine/damsel in distress for the entire run of the show, and make her into a villain in favour of some guest/recurring character who's only introduced at the end? Seems a bit of a "ha ha, thanks for watching, sucker!" to me.

If they go that way, that is.
                  A fair enough concern, but Bennett isn't exactly the picture of sanity/innocence either. She'd be an eco-terrorist too if she was working with Caroline, she just got hurt, or maybe caught sooner. It's entirely possible that Bennett gave Caroline's plans up to the Dollhouse so she could be caught and Doll-ized.

No one's really guilt-less here, I think, so I'm not as concerned that Caroline is going to become a villain in the traditional sense in favour of Bennett being our "hero." The memory we saw was a fragment, and it was from Bennett's perspective. It's that whole, 10 people can watch one event and see ten different things, thing. I just hope we get the truth before it's all over.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    A fair enough concern, but Bennett isn't exactly the picture of sanity/innocence either. She'd be an eco-terrorist too if she was working with Caroline, she just got hurt, or maybe caught sooner. It's entirely possible that Bennett gave Caroline's plans up to the Dollhouse so she could be caught and Doll-ized.

No one's really guilt-less here, I think, so I'm not as concerned that Caroline is going to become a villain in the traditional sense in favour of Bennett being our "hero." The memory we saw was a fragment, and it was from Bennett's perspective. It's that whole, 10 people can watch one event and see ten different things, thing. I just hope we get the truth before it's all over.
                    I was under the impression that S1 has established that she became a doll by choice after her boyfriend was killed.

Comment

I was under the impression that S1 has established that she became a doll by choice after her boyfriend was killed.
                      They showed us the bf getting killed and they showed us her becoming a Doll, but I wouldn't say she was choosing it as much as it appeared she felt she had no choice.

It's entirely possible though, that the boyfriend was killed because Bennett gave up operational intel form their cell so that Caroline would be captured.

Joss likes to show bits and pieces so we think we know what's going on, but something else altogether is happening.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that Bennett had always worked for Rossum. Caroline somehow got to her and she decided to help her take down Rossum. However, there was probably some kind of disagreement between them. Maybe Bennett only wanted to expose Rossum while Caroline wanted to destroy all of Rossum's research but Bennett couldn't let go of her life's work. Then they ended up betraying each other.

Comment

I never watched Firefly, but I really like Serenity. I'm now hoping that we get a Dollhouse feature film.

Comment

Working...
                          X