Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush's actions, situation and how will he get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush's actions, situation and how will he get out of it?

At the end seeing Rush , was that a look of relief (that he was free) or disbelief (that he was left behind possibly forever)? because i couldn't help wondering if he was one step ahead of everyone to the point of planning the file deletion for Eli to find (since he knew Eli would find it given he knew Eli found the other deception in Life) and framing Young (knowing Young would eventually figure it was Rush), all so that he could remain on the planet and have time to work on the alien ship.... (since Young perhaps wouldn't let him stay on the planet if Rush just asked him)

I'm not sure Rush would risk it, really. He looked giddy at the thought of the alien ship, and did want to spend more time with it, but he would've rather stayed with Destiny. After all, he went to all the trouble of getting there.

And as for the final scene, it's kind of hard to tell his emotions via his face, really. It's kinda dark, for a change.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The suicide and evidence deletion occurred prior to finding the ship.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        indeed i doubt the destiny sensors can detect ships or anything to faraway
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I will need a clearer screencap of Rush at the end, but I swear I saw him near tears at the prospect of being permanently separated from his Destiny, in every meaning of that word.

Rush is usually ahead of people, but that only applies to situations where it makes sense that he would know more than the others. In Light, he seems to be under control, because he may have known that the ship would make it. Conversely, in Time, we see him being pretty miserable, as he doesn't know what will happen. In addition, of the 2 times Young confronted Rush about why he himself doesn't sit in the chair, Rush has been silent, and seemingly angry at himself for not having the answers.

In this case, I very much doubt Rush has a good idea how he might return to Destiny, so I don't think this is a big plan. I think he's pretty devastated, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            true, however that would mean Rush would have to know what was coming up on the next planet(s)? i wonder if he knows such details or if they are in the computer somewhere and he's been accessing that info.

Comment

Unlikely since this occured prior to them even arriving at the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

In this case, I very much doubt Rush has a good idea how he might return to Destiny, so I don't think this is a big plan. I think he's pretty devastated, to say the least.
                he was taken off of the chess board
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                  At the end seeing Rush , was that a look of relief (that he was free) or disbelief (that he was left behind possibly forever)? because i couldn't help wondering if he was one step ahead of everyone to the point of planning the file deletion for Eli to find (since he knew Eli would find it given he knew Eli found the other deception in Life) and framing Young (knowing Young would eventually figure it was Rush), all so that he could remain on the planet and have time to work on the alien ship.... (since Young perhaps wouldn't let him stay on the planet if Rush just asked him)
                  I like how you think, I thought the same thing, only I didn't come up with as many details as you have. I just said to myself "now how did Rush orchestrate to be left alone with that ship?"

I love Rush
                  General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    he was taken off of the chess board
                    Indeed! Wonderful metaphor!

Dang, can't green you at the moment. Here, have some telepathic green.

*mind melds*

Comment

true, however that would mean Rush would have to know what was coming up on the next planet(s)? i wonder if he knows such details or if they are in the computer somewhere and he's been accessing that info.
                      Exactly! Rush knows way more than anyone is aware of. I suspect he even causes Destiny to stop where he chooses, not that it's Destiny stopping on it's own.

Rush has hundreds of hidden agendas

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Indeed! Wonderful metaphor!

Dang, can't green you at the moment. Here, have some telepathic green.

*mind melds*
                        or maybe Rush arranged to be "taken off the chessboard"

Comment

That would suggest the ship has been there before and that is hardly the case.
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Rush's goal is to learn to Ascend. His best chance is Atlantis and since he obviously can't be on Atlantis hes on the Destiny. Hes not going to leave without a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                              Rush's goal is to learn to Ascend. His best chance is Atlantis and since he obviously can't be on Atlantis hes on the Destiny. Hes not going to leave without a fight.
                              I don't think Rush's goal is to Ascend, necessarily, but rather to gain as much knowledge as he possibly can, or perhaps put his life into Destiny.

-------

I think Rush was devastated to be left alone and I don't think that in any way he has been one step ahead of everyone else in exception to "Life" where he put up an innocent act to try and get access to the chair. As for "Light" the reason why he took himself out of the drawing was because he felt guilty that everyone else was there because of him. He walked away angry after being accused of already knowing this and knowing, perhaps, other things, because he feels as if he doesn't HAVE to prove himself anymore after coming from such a poor background and working to afford schooling AND having his wife die. That in addition to the fact that everyone clearly designated they were against him in the first few episodes.

I don't blame Rush for being quite the antagonist in these episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X