The Chair (pt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chair (pt 2)

Ouch, that thing looked painful. Having nodes being jabbed into your temples isn't the most enjoyable experiences ever. I would've thought that something more would've come of it before the episode was over though. (Have the guy {Franklin?} speak a word or two of Ancient? Just something suspenseful to end the episode)

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Quite a few small cliffhangers left behind, I'm hoping Franklin gains access to certain ship controls.
    sigpic

Comment

that was pretty disturbing... but in a good way

you would think that the tech would be advanced enough to not need direct contact with brain tissue.... silly Ancients

Comment

I think we may see the after-effects later on in the season, I sure hope it is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I think we may see the after-effects later on in the season, I sure hope it is cool!
          i agree i almost positive it will play later.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The “repository chair” did not seem to fit the Ancients style of technology at all. The interface process seems a lot more bloody and damaging than what I expected it to be. It seemed to be drilling into the skull to access the brain tissue. I originally thought that the device would leave a small puncture (the same way the Goa’uld memory recall device does), instead it left too big holes in the side of the “repository chair” users head.

Comment

maybe it was modified by someone else to work in a different way (i.e. not for humans)

Comment

The chair is the oldest known tech we have seen of the Ancients. Its gonna loot out of place obviously. And I doubt Franklin is going to speak Ancient. I don't think the chair was a repository. There is no reason to put a repository on the ship. It would be like teaching the Ancients who gated on for the mission million year old technology. The wouldn't be teaching them anything that wasn't incredibly obsolete. I think it is a interface to teach the crew that was supposed to gate on everything they need to know about the ship and the ships mission.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  The chair is the oldest known tech we have seen of the Ancients.
                  No, the chair is not the oldest tech we have seen of the Ancients.

Spoiler:
                  Evidence in The Ark of Truth seems to show that the stone and the long range communication device are the oldest Ancient devices we have encountered. They can be seen in the background when the Alterans are discussing their situation.

Comment

ahh nice catch and very true.

Comment

I am just wondering exactly when he will wake up? OR even if he will.

Comment

Looks like an ancient dentist chair to me.

Comment

If we assume that the Destiny's designers anticipated a long gap between her launch and any Ancients actually boarding her, then it makes sense that the chair was placed aboard primarily to instruct these "latecomers" on how to operate the ship. Or perhaps it downloads everything that the seeder ships have so far sent back. Or perhaps - and this is way out there - it creates some sort of neural interface with Destiny herself. The probes aren't trying to penetrate the brain to insert knowledge, but some sort of implants designed to give the subject direct control of the ship itself. Unlikely, yes, but it might explain why penetration of the skull is required.

Comment

Thats what i thought to, it inserts some kind of chip into your skull so you can remotely access the ship?s controls.

Comment

I'd like to think it would have some kind of positive outcome, even if it's only a slightly higher level of access to the ships systems.

Comment

Working...
                              X