how's Eli going to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how's Eli going to cope

I feel bad for Eli. He lost a mentor and friend. Now he's basically alone to solve the problems himself without the expertise of Rush. I wonder how he's going to cope with more responsibility as time passes. Will the other scientists be as competent / knowledgeable as Rush?

he's math boy
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I suspect Eli won't delete the video, and will find himself in something of a position of power over Young.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The ship will do everything for him!

Comment

hell manage hes a pretty strong kid. Although it will be interesting to see how his opinion of young will change when he finds out what he did.

Comment

Eli's innocent soul will eventually be crushed into a pile of mush closely resembling the bitter husk of a young man turned mass-murderer. No seriously, he'll snap sooner or later if he keeps getting played.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

eli needs to grow a backbone and stop just running around be a yes man
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                I feel bad for Eli. He lost a mentor and friend. Now he's basically alone to solve the problems himself without the expertise of Rush. I wonder how he's going to cope with more responsibility as time passes. Will the other scientists be as competent / knowledgeable as Rush?
                But there's a ship on the planet Rush is on. He's a genius. He'll fix it, and find a way to get himself back to Destiny ... because he wants to be on Destiny.

And Eli will be just fine. His mentor may be gone, but he's a very smart person and will likely now be the one to figure out how everything works.

A bit OT:

Chloe finally got to have something important to do.

Comment

yea it was a little bit of a cat fight in that so called trial they had during the episode. Honestly though i think Eli will manage and this issue will help to harden him up a little bit

Comment

I think he'll become detached from the crew if Rush doesn't somehow quickly rejoin crew.
                    sigpic

Comment

More KINO spying on Lt. James
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this will force Eli to grow up, since I think he will be basicaly taking over Rush's job.

@SupremeLegate
                        Apogee Institute
                        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Eli handled things pretty grown up. Its the others who have been acting like children.

Comment

I think Eli may have realized suddenly there at the end that Rush was right-he's not in the military and he is a scientist.

The whole thing with the other scientist (who was an idiot) who got in the chair- was that he played Eli. He sent Math Boy off as Errand Boy just the way Young does.

I think they are all going to be missing Rush before this is over.

Comment

I think that Eli will be FORCED to take over Rush's position, and I'm curious as to how the writers will play that up. As to how Eli will cope, I'm not sure. Rush really WAS a mentor and friend, despite their often opposing views. But they got to know each other pretty well, connect with each other. Rush had a soft spot for the kid.

As for Eli being a "yes man" I think he's just an all around lovable guy. I think the ship needed someone on everyone's good side. : )

Comment

Working...
                              X