Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to talk about Sam's hair, start a thread on the subject.

If you want to talk about all the things you like or dislike about a single character, then take it to that character's thread.

If you want to discuss storylines, episodes etc, then go to those threads or start a new one.

If you want to bicker with a particular poster, take it to email or PM.

If you want to air your opinions about another forum or website, then do so on that forum or website.

There's a topic for this thread. If you can't find anything to say that is on that topic then you're in the wrong thread.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Mitchell should outrank her and I really hope he does by the time we see the movies.
      Not gonna happen.

So sorry.

I think TPTB realized by the time production began for S10 that they'd lost the way in development of Mitchell. I dunno if it was maybe because they'd rushed him into position, or what. But they missed the mark with him in many ways, regained balance in many others. Yet I don't see them promoting him any time soon.

They might promote him after the next two movies - perhaps when SG-1 is no longer "SG-1" or something. Or maybe even after Carter goes to Atlantis. That might be the perfect time to promote both characters.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Not gonna happen.

So sorry.

I think TPTB realized by the time production began for S10 that they'd lost the way in development of Mitchell. I dunno if it was maybe because they'd rushed him into position, or what. But they missed the mark with him in many ways, regained balance in many others. Yet I don't see them promoting him any time soon.

They might promote him after the next two movies - perhaps when SG-1 is no longer "SG-1" or something. Or maybe even after Carter goes to Atlantis. That might be the perfect time to promote both characters.
        I think that Mitchell's ship has sailed. Given the reduction of focus on him in Season Ten, compared with most of Season Nine, I would say that either TPTB lost interest in him and chose Vala and Daniel as their new pets or else they felt that the character had not been as popular as they had hoped and that it would be a mistake to continue to treat him as lead.

As far as promotion is concerned, I would say that Sam is more likely to be promoted, as they will need her to have a higher rank than Sheppard when she commands Atlantis and I doubt that TPTB will have a double promotion ceremony.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          I think that Mitchell's ship has sailed. Given the reduction of focus on him in Season Ten, compared with most of Season Nine, I would say that either TPTB lost interest in him and chose Vala and Daniel as their new pets or else they felt that the character had not been as popular as they had hoped and that it would be a mistake to continue to treat him as lead.

As far as promotion is concerned, I would say that Sam is more likely to be promoted, as they will need her to have a higher rank than Sheppard when she commands Atlantis and I doubt that TPTB will have a double promotion ceremony.
          I think you're right. TPTB did seem to lose interest in Cameron, which would explain why we didn't see as much of him in S10. That's unfortunate to me, because he could've been a really strong character. They kinda messed it up, and left the poor guy hanging. And you're right, they stopped treating him as lead, but that also might have to do with RCC's love for all things Vaniel.

That said, I also don't see them having a double-promotion for Carter and Mitchell, but they might just do it in the interest of "fairness." Or... symmetry. Like you said, she's really going to need to be a full bird when she's on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            I think you're right. TPTB did seem to lose interest in Cameron, which would explain why we didn't see as much of him in S10. That's unfortunate to me, because he could've been a really strong character. They kinda messed it up, and left the poor guy hanging. And you're right, they stopped treating him as lead, but that also might have to do with RCC's love for all things Vaniel.

That said, I also don't see them having a double-promotion for Carter and Mitchell, but they might just do it in the interest of "fairness." Or... symmetry. Like you said, she's really going to need to be a full bird when she's on Atlantis.
            I'd hate to see that; if they're going to have a promotion scene - and I'd be okay with Sam just showing up on Atlantis with her eagles - I'd rather see Jack promote Sam and bring it full circle, the former colonel promoting the new colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              I'd hate to see that; if they're going to have a promotion scene - and I'd be okay with Sam just showing up on Atlantis with her eagles - I'd rather see Jack promote Sam and bring it full circle, the former colonel promoting the new colonel.
              Yea, now that would be symetry
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Whether or not Cam should have outranked Sam is immaterial. TPTB decided from the beginning that he was the team leader and had Cam going around trying to put the old team back together. The problem became that the stories should have started out with plenty of action and danger ala SG1 S1 and established Cam's heroic side and ability to communicate with other races/people/cultures. There are more than a few fans that thought each weeks plot and pace was way too slow/prodding and seemingly went out of the way to develop the Cam character but ending up spinning their wheels.

I'm still of the opinion that a whole new team should have been cast with guest appearances from the old crew or introduced the Cam character during S8 when RDA limited his appearances and Amanda was pregnant. Could have added Vala to complete the team and "went through the gate" on missions. There would have been anticipation on how the old gang was faring and what they were up to if there was a new SG-1 team. Imagine Teal'c being a leader or council member, or Daniel exploring ancient sites on other planets, or Sam at the Alt site with her own lab or on a research ship and they call for help...could have written much better stories and allowed more possibilities for character development of the old gang. Going with the King Arthur era was a major mistake and effectively nullified the value of Daniel's expertise. The Ori and their Priors, without individual personalities made it seem that they were replicator clones and they were not as fun or interesting as the Gou'ld lords. Even the few Ancients that we saw had their own personalities and most fans wanted to know more about them. Maybe if there were a few more "Adria's" around, it might have been more interesting.

I remember every year/season on the SFC, the writers planned on and written the "final episode", but the SFC kept renewing the show. When SG:A was announced, many SG-1 fans thought the end was near. Just speaking for myself, I'm happy to have had 5 more seasons of SG-1 plus a few DVD movies. Many feel that SG-1 really ended with S8, when just about all the loose ends were tied up and "Moebius" had a feel good ending, although the "ship" was with the alternate universe Jack/Sam.
                It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Yea, now that would be symetry
                  And an incredibly sweet ending to SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                    I think they will need Browder's character to outrank Carter and lead the SG-1 team for season nine.
                    Why? Well, people will hate me for saying this but Sam simply doesn't have the charisma to carry the show as leader.
                    We know Jack has slowly turned into a complete imbecile, but RDA had the Charisma to carry the show as its leader.
                    Carter is a good team player, but she's the better part of an esemble. As a character alone, she's just not that interesting.
                    I'm now ducking.
                    YESSSSS! Someone who finally agrees with me! Sam may be good with the group but she is such a boring character alone! Everything good about her was gone after the first 4 seasons.

Cam is awesome and reminds me of Jack from the first 5 seasons.

Jack has lost all flavor and to put it bluntly- (As Much as I hate to say it) Mcguiver is getting old.

Or they could just put Vala in charge of the team and turn into a bunch of crooks and cons.

For all assortment of Stargate Banners made by me- Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                      I think they will need Browder's character to outrank Carter and lead the SG-1 team for season nine.
                      Why? Well, people will hate me for saying this but Sam simply doesn't have the charisma to carry the show as leader.
                      We know Jack has slowly turned into a complete imbecile, but RDA had the Charisma to carry the show as its leader.
                      Carter is a good team player, but she's the better part of an esemble. As a character alone, she's just not that interesting.
                      I'm now ducking.
                      Absolutely. Carter is an adequate support character but she can't carry an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaniel4evah! View Post
                        Absolutely. Carter is an adequate support character but she can't carry an episode.
                        You're kidding right? She carried multiple episodes, especially in seasons 6-8.

If Mitchell had outranked Carter - and had experience that made him worthy of taking over the team - I might have been able to swallow it. But instead we got

Even then the whole thing reeks of 'Our new FULL-TIME lead male action hero Ben!Browder! *must* lead because That's The Way It Is!'

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

^right

Comment

Working...
                          X