This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browder's character should OUTRANK Carter

I think they will need Browder's character to outrank Carter and lead the SG-1 team for season nine.
    Why? Well, people will hate me for saying this but Sam simply doesn't have the charisma to carry the show as leader.
    We know Jack has slowly turned into a complete imbecile, but RDA had the Charisma to carry the show as its leader.
    Carter is a good team player, but she's the better part of an esemble. As a character alone, she's just not that interesting.
    I'm now ducking.
    Last edited by david2708; 28 December 2004, 05:36 PM.

I agree with you, although this is not by any means against females, because i've known plenty of females fit for leadership. and nor am I denying carter has leadership skills. she just has a lot of other things on her plate, and i disagree that they should both be lt. colonels.

Comment

I 100% disagree, bringing in BB and making him the new leader basically means that all of SG1s experiences mean jack all, and the new guy is getting to lead. It would betray most of the fans, and in all honesty would only be done to cater to Farscape fans.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well i agree with the topic creator and the 2nd poster. Carter has too much too lead, but she is awesome at what she does and who she is.
        Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

I agree that maybe Carter shouldnt lead, but the idea of BB leading really does sicken me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i'll reserve my opinion on if BB should lead untill i see him on screen. i doubt he will get the lead anyway, unless tptb can come up with a really good way of bumping carter from lead.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
              I think they will need Browder's character to outrank Carter and lead the SG-1 team for season nine.
              Why? Well, people will hate me for saying this but Sam simply doesn't have the charisma to carry the show as leader.
              We know Jack has slowly turned into a complete imbecile, but RDA had the Charisma to carry the show as its leader.
              Carter is a good team player, but she's the better part of an esemble. As a character alone, she's just not that interesting.
              I'm now ducking.
              Outrank Carter? Hold on, let me check the window and see if pigs are flying ...

... later

Nope! Start ducking bubba! (just joking )

Okay, I'm supposed to accept a guy, whom I do not even know, as a leader and meanwhile I could not care less if he was stuck onboard a replicator infested ship trapped in a solar system miles from our own??

I'm sorry, the guy kinda reeks of underwear model, but you know, it's the writers choice.

I kind of agree about Sam not really being the leader Jack was, and sans the humor too. From her, it would sound forced, but we could at least bring back someone we know like maybe ..... I'll think of someone, but I still think Browder is a really bad idea.

In honor of all StarGate stands for, I won't accept him.

*crosses arms defiantly*
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                I 100% disagree, bringing in BB and making him the new leader basically means that all of SG1s experiences mean jack all, and the new guy is getting to lead. It would betray most of the fans, and in all honesty would only be done to cater to Farscape fans.
                I'm with you on this one. I watch Farscape, and I love BB, but Carter's just as qualified, if not more that any new person would be, in my opinion.

I do, however, agree with david2708 on the fact that one of the main contributing factor's of Stargate's great success is RDA. I don't think it would be as popular without him.

If theres someone who's going to give me a red rep for this post, I have this to say to you: why make this thread if people weren't meant to give their opinions? It would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything
                Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Sam's a fine leader...

...She's just not had a chance to shine this year.

BB should be on SG1, but report to Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. After all...they've been going offworld for longer than BB's character's been flying F302s.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

We haven't had a chance to see Carter leading SG-1 this season. Most of the early episodes have been on earth. This would have been the perfect opportunity to see what her leadership skills are like, good or bad. I think it would be a kick in the teeth for both Carter and AT if she gets usurped by a new character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ranking Browder above Sam also makes for a good plot device. Tensions in the team when the new man on the block takes over. Jumping the queue of sorts. (I think Americans spell queue as cue.)

Comment

you make an interesting point.....but i've seen this movie before....they fall in love. haha jk sam/jack fans around the world are reigning down upon me. lol

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          We haven't had a chance to see Carter leading SG-1 this season. Most of the early episodes have been on earth. This would have been the perfect opportunity to see what her leadership skills are like, good or bad. I think it would be a kick in the teeth for both Carter and AT if she gets usurped by a new character.
                          exactly. All the eps we've had so far, well most, have been earth based and we haven't really seen sg1 in the field. Was there any other scene beyond zero hour?

How can we know how she leads if the only episodes that focus on her, seem to focus on her personal life? Gemini being the only exception and even there, sam wasn't a team leader, she was a scientist
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well its simple actualy. Carter is supposed to "figure things out". Her role as a char on the show is not that of a leader. Lets give an example of how things would work if she was in charge of SG1.

Carter " It seems as if we don't stop this major problem technical problem Earth is going to be destroyed, you guys hang out here while I go into the other room to figure it out"

long seen where Ben wanders around doing nothing and Daniel and Teal 'c talk to the locals

Carter " Alright, I think if we do this, the problem will be solved, and since I am in command, I already did it" aka no climatic build up.

And you don't have to lead to be the most important person. The leader is just someone who gets them involved in things. The team members do all the work.

Besides, the president is already known to put people in charge of things that already have set ranks (Weir/SG1) so maybe Ben will be "put in charge of SG1 on orders of the president" and part of seaosn 9 will be how he gets them in all kinds of problems because he is at first unfit (perhaps afraid of/ignorant towards aliens since they almost took his life and is very vengifull) to lead SG1. Plus then you could do episodes with all the chars and factions from the universe where they have to build a relationship with Ben and not just have it be like season 7/8 where when they are in trouble they just "phone up the Asgard" and then there is a cookie cutter rescue. It seems that dealings with the other alies/factions is all forced into the stories. Now Ben could make them have to rebuild the whole relationship because he could be a little more difficult.

Carter in charge would just be more of the same. Because her in charge would just destroy any chance of Ben exherting any of his charictors quirks. I mean no matter what they did with him , Carter could just say no.

Plus with Carter out for five episodes, they are going to need a leader anyways, it seems like its a lock.

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument, but the fact is we don't know BB's character It might add to the tension if Carter is still the leader and his character might be all male chauvinist and dislike having a woman outranking him or something like that. But then having BB in charge, maybe Sam would carry a little grudge against him or something. We don't know, it's up to TPTB and hopefully they'll make a good decision.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                              X