TNG mixed with Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNG mixed with Star Wars

Do you think it would be interesting if there was a show like TNG but with an imperial star destroyer? It would be intersting to see how an Imperial captain reacts to what Picard faced.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    Do you think it would be interesting if there was a show like TNG but with an imperial star destroyer? It would be intersting to see how an Imperial captain reacts to what Picard faced.
    He'd shoot first and ask questions later. I suspect such scenarios will come up once the live-action Star Wars TV series premieres.

I also note that you've posted a Star Wars-related topic in the Star Trek subforum. I'd suggest hitting the Gateworld Suggestion Box thread and suggesting a SW subforum there. There's been a lot of us campaigning for it for a long time, and the more voices there are asking for it, the more likely we are to get one.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now that would be interesting. I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      He'd shoot first and ask questions later. I suspect such scenarios will come up once the live-action Star Wars TV series premieres.
      I disagree. Some Imperial officers may shoot first and ask questions later, but you can't say they'd all do that. That would be like saying all German officers during WWII were Nazis (they weren't). The Imperial officers were a varied group. Han Solo was an Imperial officer, was he like that (okay, bad example).

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
      Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Maybe not during the early years of the Empire, but that's most definitely the policy embraced by the Imperial Navy by the time of the original trilogy. It's a military run by fear, enforcing terror tactics on subject star systems. Heck, the whole point of the dissolution of the Senate was so that "fear will keep the local systems in line, fear of this battlestation," referring to the first Death Star.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Maybe not during the early years of the Empire, but that's most definitely the policy embraced by the Imperial Navy by the time of the original trilogy. It's a military run by fear, enforcing terror tactics on subject star systems. Heck, the whole point of the dissolution of the Senate was so that "fear will keep the local systems in line, fear of this battlestation," referring to the first Death Star.
          Tou have a point there. What I meant is what they would do if it were up to the individual captains.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
          Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I also note that you've posted a Star Wars-related topic in the Star Trek subforum. I'd suggest hitting the Gateworld Suggestion Box thread and suggesting a SW subforum there. There's been a lot of us campaigning for it for a long time, and the more voices there are asking for it, the more likely we are to get one.
            I think it should go in the general sci-fi area. Seems they only create sub-forums for TV shows, Star Wars is only (to date) a movie.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
              I think it should go in the general sci-fi area. Seems they only create sub-forums for TV shows, Star Wars is only (to date) a movie.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...2008_TV_series)

It's in season 2 of a series that GL is going to make (at least) 100 episodes of, regardless of ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                between torchwood, warehouse 13, Eureka and the fringe there are less than 150 total threads (edited note, there were enough posts after I posted this to push it over, just my luck). I would bet that just me, myself, and digifluid could have more than that many interesting, thought provoking and downright entertaining threads in a star wars forum in under a month.

4 forums that are nearly completely dead Vs. 1 forum that would be extremely popular and entertaining, driving more traffic to the site.
                Last edited by Captain Obvious; 07 December 2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                  between torchwood, warehouse 13, Eureka and the fringe there are less than 150 total threads. I would bet that just me, myself, and digifluid could have more than that many interesting, thought provoking and downright entertaining threads in a star wars forum in under a month.

4 forums that are nearly completely dead Vs. 1 forum that would be extremely popular and entertaining, driving more traffic to the site.
                  I don't doubt it. And that would be just you and me.

I keep a .doc file of thoughts for new threads for the hopefully-one-day-coming SW subforum every time I have them. I'm up to about a dozen right now. I don't post them anywhere else because I don't want them mixed into that cluttered disaster of a megathread

Comment

If Star Wars live-action series happens, I might actually RETURN to Star Wars again. The main reason I dislike Star Wars so much is that it consumed alot of my life. I own many books,games,comics, and action figures. To break away from SW was difficult, to go back to it might be the same way.

I would love a Star Wars sub-forum! I exist somewhere on some Star Wars forums out there but it was always so difficult to be...normal? IMO Star Wars has grown more popular than Trek, so why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X