No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea what the ratings mean. SGU also started with 2.3, roughly the same as Haven, and ended season 1 with 1.3, and Caprica ended with something like 1.3. From what little I understand, I don't believe this data influences too greatly decisions to extend a series, whether or not intended just for summer audiences.
    Luckily, I'm happy with the mood being set so content to enjoy whatever they deliver.

Comment

"Butterfly" was interesting, trying to figure out what set everyone off. Nice ending, nice use of the Duke character. This is by no means a "must see" series, but it's still enjoyable, more for the atmosphere than the substance
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think I missed an episode somehow... I saw the Pilot, Butterfly and Harmony. Hmmm, might have to check "On Demand".

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
          I think I missed an episode somehow... I saw the Pilot, Butterfly and Harmony. Hmmm, might have to check "On Demand".
          Nope....tonight's episode was 1.04. I don't think you missed any unless you missed tonight's.

Spoiler:
          Gross, I was eating during the rotting apples/moldy corn/bloody eggs/everyone getting sick scene at the beginning.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Nope....tonight's episode was 1.04. I don't think you missed any unless you missed tonight's.

Spoiler:
            Gross, I was eating during the rotting apples/moldy corn/bloody eggs/everyone getting sick scene at the beginning.
            Thanks!

Yeah, that was nasty and
            Spoiler:
            next week doesn't look much better with the aging people!
            What I really can't believe though is that
            Spoiler:
            someone actually got arrested tonight!!! Not the person with the powers, but still...
            Last edited by Selene1212; 30 July 2010, 08:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I think I am about done with Haven. I've given it a shot hoping it would get better after the pilot. But its largely filler stories that seem to have been done before with no real arc and characters are so dull
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I think I am about done with Haven. I've given it a shot hoping it would get better after the pilot. But its largely filler stories that seem to have been done before with no real arc and characters are so dull
                Yeah, it's not really doing anything for me either. I like Audrey, but that seems to be about it.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have nothing better to watch on Fridays, so I'll probably stick it out but I'm not going to cry if I miss any of the episodes.

Comment

I'm kind of wondering if this show will even get a second season. I mean, it doesn't look like it costs much to produce but apparently Emily Rose has been cast as a regular in the upcoming USA Network series Operating Instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I'm kind of wondering if this show will even get a second season. I mean, it doesn't look like it costs much to produce but apparently Emily Rose has been cast as a regular in the upcoming USA Network series Operating Instructions.
                      Must have different production schedules. Because if two clash Emily Rose would be required to appear in whatever show she signed with first which I think is Haven posing a recasting for the other show.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I would think that depends entirely on how her contract is worded and/or how good her agent/lawyers are.

In any case, 4 episodes into airing a 13 episode order? Filming is probably either done or very close to finished by now anyway.

Comment

You would have to find some major loophole. Contracts are quite clear in that you work for them first and other projects second when you sign as main character.

Haven is most likely done filming but contracts also talk about planned future seasons if they arise.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

IMDB has it listed as a 2009 show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325025/

Comment

Yeah but imdb is user-run, and even more unreliable than Wikipedia.

Comment

I'm doubting anyone would've gone in and faked a show on every actors page as well as the main show page. JMO. My guess is it had the Pilot filmed but never aired. Aso, the Wikipedia link had no dates.

Comment

Working...
                                X