No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that has impressed me the most about Haven is that each new revelation about the origins of the troubles, the aether, the void, Mara's (and now her father's) intent, has been a steady logical progression, with a consistent continuity of characters and events.

Contrast that with NBC's Grimm, which continually introduces new situations while ignoring other established facts, such as the keys, the coins, and the different factions of Royals, Resistance, Wesen Council, Wesenrein, Diana, and now this new rebel group.

Comment

It's clear that they planned this show down to fine detail right at the outset, and followed their plan. That's why it's so consistent with itself. They aren't winging it as they go along.

Another big factor is Emily Rose. Her skills as an actress; being able to carry so many characters as well as she does is a huge bonus. Just looking at her; facial expressions, demeanor, etc is usually enough to tell who the character is at that point in time. Very important for a series like this. Unless she screws up royally, she's made herself a career with this series.

Comment

Okay, I pretty much enjoyed the last two episodes last night. I think it ended well but I was really hoping the Dad's story would turn out differently.

Spoiler:
        It just seemed like he changed too fast...I know it was suppose to show that love can change things but that part didn't work for me, not with all the build up to how bad he was. Maybe they just ran out of time with the cancellation to really tell that part of the story better.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the show and I am going to miss it!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It was a good final. May be a bit melodramatic in places. A bit more action was needed a felt, bit slow in places. Croatoan change rather quickly.

Even bringing Duke back with no explanation after killing him off worked.
          I was actually expecting William to come back and kick Croatoan arse or at least play some part in the story.

A spin off telling William side of the story could be pretty cool or even following him back to his world. May be it could be tide into one of Steve Kings other stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Okay, I pretty much enjoyed the last two episodes last night. I think it ended well but I was really hoping the Dad's story would turn out differently.

Spoiler:
            It just seemed like he changed too fast...I know it was suppose to show that love can change things but that part didn't work for me, not with all the build up to how bad he was. Maybe they just ran out of time with the cancellation to really tell that part of the story better.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the show and I am going to miss it!
            Spoiler:
            Croatoan's about face at the end was hard to believe. I thought he might be faking it at first. Once it was clearly real, best explanation I have is that he realized that he would not have chosen to die to save Audrey as Nathan did and it made him take a look at his self in the mirror of the soul and he realized how badly he had changed over the years.

Comment

I rather liked the finale, and how they wound things up.

Only a few nitpicks..
              Spoiler:
              In the poetic justice dept., I find it ironic that Duke, who had been able to kill a family's line of troubles by killing a troubled person had to die as part of the process of stopping the troubles completely.

The other thing is that
              Spoiler:
              with the series coming to an end, it felt as they were using character deaths as building blocks; Dave being killed by Croatoan, Vince dying to make the new controller, Duke... What, did they like killing them off, now that they weren't needed any longer?

But I really did like how
              Spoiler:
              They put Nathan and the Audrey persona together at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I rather liked the finale, and how they wound things up.

Only a few nitpicks..
                Spoiler:
                In the poetic justice dept., I find it ironic that Duke, who had been able to kill a family's line of troubles by killing a troubled person had to die as part of the process of stopping the troubles completely.

The other thing is that
                Spoiler:
                with the series coming to an end, it felt as they were using character deaths as building blocks; Dave being killed by Croatoan, Vince dying to make the new controller, Duke... What, did they like killing them off, now that they weren't needed any longer?

But I really did like how
                Spoiler:
                They put Nathan and the Audrey persona together at the end.
                About that persona, one wonder where the kid came from.

Comment

Perhaps they were implying she was pregnant when she left?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I don't think the "Audrey" persona would use the name "James" on another child, so I assume it is in fact James Cogan, the child born to Sarah, planted by time-traveling Nathan a few seasons back.
                    Since The Barn, or the powers behind it are clearly capable of time travel, and James has some connection to the Barn, I'm assuming that the infant Paige was traveling with is infant James, either transported from the past by the Barn or resurrected as an infant by the Barn.
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 21 December 2015, 05:15 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Comment

The final two episodes were a nice cap to the series.

Duke's fate in the first episode was very well-handled and Nathan's speech about Audrey in the second was incredibly moving.

And with most threads tied, a happy ending to boot!

Comment

Haven's final season will be available on optical media 4/19/16.
                        I just preordered on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Haven-Complete...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Comment

For Lucas Bryant (Nathan Wuornos) fans, he will be appearing in a Hallmark Channel offering called "Tulips in Spring", premiering 5/14. No idea what it's about, just spotted an ad on the network for it.

Comment

Ok, I was a bit late to the Haven party - just watched the entire series about 2 months ago. I must say, this is my favorite series I have ever watched. Would anybody out there be able to recommend something that is similar to it? I have thought about Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Lost Girl.

On a side note - it was amusing to skim through the pages of this thread and see how far off some guesses were, as well as how some people nailed it. This was truly a great show.

Comment

For anybody that misses Haven like I do, I found a site with some good fan fiction for Haven. There is one story in particular that I thought was great. It picks up almost a year after the season finale and flows really well. They come up with a great way to keep the story going and I think most of you would really like it:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1211816...n-Resurrection

Comment

That was a good read, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X