Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Stephen King returns to TV with a new Syfy series

Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of Haven, a new series based on a Stephen King novella, about a town for cursed people in exile.

The show is based on King's "The Colorado Kid."

Haven centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay—while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.

Scott Shepherd the show runner and executive producer, along with executive producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller. All were producers of USA's much-loved and much-missed The Dead Zone, which ran for six seasons and went off the air in 2008.

Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn are writing the pilot and will also serve as executive producers.

The show will air sometime next year.

Full announcement:
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/new-syf...s-based-on.php

Default Re: Haven - News/Discussion/Speculation

Jericho hottie to star in Syfy's Haven

Syfy announced that Emily Rose (Jericho) has joined the cast as the star of Haven, it's upcoming new supernatural drama, based on Stephen King's novella "The Colorado Kid."

Rose will play FBI agent Audrey Parker, who arrives in the small town where people have unusual abilities.

Haven is slated to debut this summer.

Full announcement:
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/02/jericho...medium=twitter

Bryant, Balfour join Syfy's 'Haven'

Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour have boarded upcoming Syfy drama Haven, the cable network has announced. The series is based on Stephen King's novella The Colorado Kid. The actors join star Emily Rose on the show, which is expected to premiere this summer.

The series will take place in a town in Maine "where people with supernatural abilities have migrated for generations because it mutes their powers, allowing them to lead normal lives", says Syfy.

Bryant (Queer as Folk, Dollhouse) is to play local cop Nathan Wuornos, who joins Parker's investigation. Balfour (24, Six Feet Under) will portray a mysterious free spirit who lives in the town.

Filming begins this spring in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The series is slated to debut in late 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...fys-haven.html

Syfy summer schedule

?Haven—Premieres Friday, July 9, at 10PM (ET/PT)—New drama series Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King, follows FBI agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose), who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine to solve the murder of a local ex-con. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities. Among the townspeople are local cop Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant), who eventually becomes Audrey's partner, and the mysterious and charming Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour).
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/syfy-su...medium=twitter

Emily Rose - Haven : SCI FI Wire Exclusive

http://video.syfy.com/online_origina...haven/v1221187

TV Haven

Because the trailers and premise for this new series have captured my imagination, I wondered whether others were looking forward to watching this show and what storylines you might enjoy seeing explored. Naturally, I'm also hoping there'll be an opportunity for a Michael Shanks character to pop in, but then, I see him in every and anything! Premiere is in a few weeks, at which time we'll know whether this show has promise (and the platform holds possibilities for him!)

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Default Re: Haven

Yep. Ill be watching for sure!

Haven - Upcoming Episode Descriptions

Spoiler:
    Episode 1.01 - Welcome to Haven
    When FBI Agent Audrey Parker is called to Haven, Maine on a routine case, she finds her assignment has been killed in unexplainable fashion. When strange weather phenomena begin to strike the town – and Audrey – she begins to suspect that not everything is as it seems in Haven. As the weather events grow more destructive, Audrey discovers that someone in town might be more connected to the incidents than she could possibly imagine.

Episode 1.02 - Consumed
    Audrey remains in Haven to follow up on a clue to her own orphan past – an old photo from the local newspaper, of the infamous “Colorado Kid” crime scene, reveals a woman who could be her mother. But Audrey stumbles upon another mysterious event in town, when food, fields, and even livestock around Haven all begin to die, and she joins with Nathan to investigate what the source of the epidemic could be – and what’s really happening in this extraordinary place.

Episode 1.03 - Butterfly
    While Audrey tries to settle in as a Haven local and as a new police officer in town, she and Nathan investigate the seemingly random destruction of a local bar. When other strange events begin to occur – even targeting Audrey herself – they must race to figure what the connection could be, and what or who might be making them happen.

Episode 1.04 - Ball and Chain
    Audrey and Nathan investigate an upheaval at the local psychiatric hospital – where something happened to make the patients normal for a time, but sent their doctor into madness. As they track down the escaped patients, Audrey and Nathan discover that whatever caused the temporary reversal has begun to spill across all of Haven – making normal townspeople go dangerously insane.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/hav...criptions.html

Some of those sound like interesting stories. But it to much Eureka but supernatural instead of science base.

I would of like to see something more original.

Second Lieutenant

Q & A with HAVEN leads Emily Rose and Lucas Bryant as well as series co-creators/executive producers - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...g-secrets.html

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I will at least give the first few episodes a shot.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I plan on doing the same!

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I plan on doing the same!
    I'm gonna try to watch the first episode. It looks like it's gonna be another Eureka/Warehouse 13 type of show, though, so I don't know if I'll like it enough to stay on.

Lieutenant Colonel xxxevilgrinxxx's Avatar

I love King's writing; the man really knows how to write a good story
    so yes, I'll be tuning in when the first ep airs here on the 12th

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Just watched the pilot episode. Not overly sold on it yet, but I really like Emily Rose

12345678War9101112
    Bernice SummerfieldSarah Jane SmithTorchwood

Actually saw this along with Eureka. Can't say I am impressed, at all. It has one saving grace; bad economy + too busy to be going out on Fridays. I may, or may not tune in next week. Another week like this one, maybe, but I sure can't give a vote of confidence.

I just did not see anything appealing. The story was not very imaginative for me, nor were the characters really something that stood out. In fact none of the characters interested me in the least, enough so that anyone could have been killed in this episode and I would not have noticed.

I also have still the "Lost Effect" where by I just do not have interest in TV shows anymore. I figure why bother, the writers are usually there because of a lack of talent, not because of an excess. So, does this show for some odd reason have the exception to the rule? Can they really write something original, imaginative, and creative? The answer I got was no to all 3. While I may have been burned away from the format of TV as a medium somewhat, I can't say that I would otherwise have enjoyed this show.

Finally, I have to admit that the style and pace were not too my personal liking. I would have preferred to see something darker, mature, original, and intriguing. I got none of that. What I saw was an hour of a show I have seen done many times before. I'll probably pay some attention to see if the show matures, but I just doubt I will be there as a viewer.

I really enjoyed this show! Maybe it's the story, the setting, the actors or all the above, but I found it very entertaining and have set the DVR to record the series. I don't overanalyze what I'm watching because I prefer to let it remain entertainment, but the base story still needs to be solid and good to make it fun for me to watch and *want* to watch. I agree, Stephen King is the maestro, though a couple of hunks in two of the lead roles didn't hurt! ;-) Love the town.
    Fingers crossed for the rest of the season!
    d

I will watch further episodes, but man the episode seemed to move REALLY fast to me...but I am intrigued.

This was interesting. I will watch it next week to see if it still holds my interest.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

I really liked it, I hope the rest of the episodes are great
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr