No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting first episode. It has the same strange town thing going on that Eureka. I'll be watching the next few episodes to see them get their real beat on (the the premiere beat).
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I watched the pilot yesterday. I'm not sure if I like or not, but I'll defiantly watch again next week. Why? Because the lead actress is beautiful... she for sure grabbed me.

I also find the cast better then Warehouse 13.

This show really did seem like a cross between Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Sanctuary... all 3 bottled into one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        Because the lead actress is beautiful... she for sure grabbed me.
        Amen to that
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Amen to that
          We agree on something? ...

Spoiler:

Comment

Seems like it!

She's just stunning
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

She wasn't exactly ugly but I don't know if I would use the word gorgeous. The first time I thought it was dull. But rewatched the pilot this afternoon and it wasn't so bad. I'd probably continue trying it.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                She wasn't exactly ugly but I don't know if I would use the word gorgeous. The first time I thought it was dull. But rewatched the pilot this afternoon and it wasn't so bad. I'd probably continue trying it.
                I would. and I don't throw that word around often. She had a really "natural" essence about her. Just gorgeous.

Most people would call Megan Fox gorgeous. I call that a body with plastic fillings.

Oh well, I'll be watching next week

Comment

Emily Rose, while tempting (incredibly tempting), won't get me to watch the show until I'm assured there's more than one season coming. I'd hate to get into a new show, enjoy the heck out of it, then get let down by the lack of progress over thirteen episodes or something.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Emily Rose, while tempting (incredibly tempting), won't get me to watch the show until I'm assured there's more than one season coming. I'd hate to get into a new show, enjoy the heck out of it, then get let down by the lack of progress over thirteen episodes or something.
                    Indeed. That's my problem with most shows. I really want to watch Fringe, but even though it's at 3 seasons now... I like a "large" show. Like Rescue me. If it's at 6 seasons... and going on 7... I might watch that.

Stargate is my max Where there are so many episodes, it'll take me months to watch and finish... I love that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      I would. and I don't throw that word around often. She had a really "natural" essence about her. Just gorgeous.

Most people would call Megan Fox gorgeous. I call that a body with plastic fillings.

Oh well, I'll be watching next week
                      How dare you lump me in with those people. I'm insulted
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        I agree entirely. There's so many shows I've started watching and loved only to see them cancelled right away. But to be honest, I reckon Haven might be a safe bet for a second season given how it's on syfy, who usually give shows a chance for at least a few seasons. If it was on a major network, like Happy Town was, it would probably have maybe two episodes to prove itself before cancellation.

I liked the pilot but nothing really grabbed me. I will keep watching for now, but I read that they want new people to be able to hop in at any time, meaning minimal to no ongoing plot.

Comment

I really liked it! Nice to have good scifi shows to watch on Fridays.

Comment

Fueled By ‘Warehouse 13,’ ‘Eureka,’ & Haven, Syfy Scores Best Week Of 2010 In Adults 18-49 & 25-54

FUELED BY WAREHOUSE 13, EUREKA AND HAVEN, SYFY SCORES BEST WEEK OF 2010 IN ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54. SUMMER PREMIERE WEEK SIZZLES AS SCRIPTED SERIES GARNER 7.6 MILLION UNIQUE TOTAL VIEWERS

New York, New York – July 13, 2010 – Syfy’s July 5 Summer Premiere Week sizzled as its three powerhouse scripted series – Warehouse 13,Eureka and Haven — cumed 7.619 million unique viewers, including 3.147 million unique Adults 18-49 and 3.907 million unique Adults 25-54. This was Syfy‘s best week in 2010 to-date for Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.

Warehouse 13’s second season premiere Tuesday, July 6, at 9PM (ET/PT) became the channel’s most watched telecast of the year, snagging, bagging and tagging nearly three million (2.96) total viewers while leaping 13% in Adults 18-49 over the season one average. Warehouse 13 was the #1 scripted drama on cable that night, beating new telecasts of TNT’s Hawthorne and Memphis Beat and ABC Family’sPretty Little Liars as well as FX’s Rescue Me in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.

During their Friday, July 9 premieres from 9-11PM (ET/PT), Eureka and Haven were the #1 and #2 cable telecasts for the day among Adults 25-54, powering Syfy to #1 among Adults 25-54 in 8-11PM prime. This fourth season Eureka premiere also ranked as the #1 Adult 18-49 telecast in cable on Friday. Eureka delivered 2.5 million total viewers and Haven averaged 2.3 million total viewers.
                            continues:
                            http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/13...49-25-54/56940

Comment

List of known episodes so far:

Spoiler:
                              1.01 "Welcome to Haven" (July 9)
                              1.02 "Butterfly" (July 16)
                              1.03 "Harmony" (July 23)
                              1.04 "Consumed" (July 30)
                              1.05 "Ball and Chain" (Aug 6)
                              1.06 "Fur" (Aug 13)
                              1.07 "Sketchy" (Aug 20)
                              1.08 "Ain't No Sunshine" (Aug 27)

Remaining titles/airdates yet to be announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                                I liked the pilot but nothing really grabbed me. I will keep watching for now, but I read that they want new people to be able to hop in at any time, meaning minimal to no ongoing plot.
                                Ouch! That's not a good thing IMO. That makes it more of a watch it whenever show as opposed to try to watch every week. But maybe the 2nd ep will be brilliant and I'll want to watch every week.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X