• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penance (209)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON TWO
    PENANCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

An old friend of Magnus finds himself on the run from an Abnormal mob after a delivery to the Sanctuary is interrupted — and Kate is caught in the crossfire.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 February 2021, 09:33 PM.

That was a really good episode.

It was nice to take a break from the magnus/will dynamic for a bit. Biggy got to do something, we got another side of Kate, more insight into how the universe works, found out that sally dislikes bathing suits and Shanks played a decent character without chomping on the scenery.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL, good to know that Michael Shanks is keeping his number of character death scenes high.

I was sad to see Jimmy go. I would have liked to keep Michael as a guest/recurring character.

Favorite line: "I love the hair!"
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        LOL, good to know that Michael Shanks is keeping his number of character death scenes high.

I was sad to see Jimmy go. I would have liked to keep Michael as a guest/recurring character.

This eppy was a good one. And that line is my favorite too.

Poor Jimmy, doing the right thing in the end cost him his life, but guess the title was duly named as such.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          That was a really good episode.

It was nice to take a break from the magnus/will dynamic for a bit. Biggy got to do something, we got another side of Kate, more insight into how the universe works, found out that sally dislikes bathing suits and Shanks played a decent character without chomping on the scenery.
          Ditto on all of the above.

I also like a simple bit in the beginning when Henry tells Helen to destroy her walkie-talkie. Helen does so and then says "Now tell me why I just did that?" Complete trust in her team. I like that.

If that were me and my partner in crime...um..co-worker it would have gone more like this:
          Spoiler:
          Beth: Bree destroy your walkie-talkie right now!
          Bree: smashes walkie-talkie and says "Now tell me why I just did that?"
          Beth: You are such and idiot!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

I, personally, hasn't seen him in anything where he hasn't die at least once....

It was a very good episode, and I would have loved to see James again.
            sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              Ditto on all of the above.

I also like a simple bit in the beginning when Henry tells Helen to destroy her walkie-talkie. Helen does so and then says "Now tell me why I just did that?" Complete trust in her team. I like that.

Another great part, My best friend and i laughed at that part.

Plus helen stalling and threatening the DUKE.

Note toself never play poker with Helen Magnus.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

If that were me and my partner in crime...um..co-worker it would have gone more like this:
                Spoiler:
                Beth: Bree destroy your walkie-talkie right now!
                Bree: smashes walkie-talkie and says "Now tell me why I just did that?"
                Beth: You are such and idiot!
                My would go more along the lines of...
                Spoiler:
                Partner: Smakes the Walkie-Talkie!
                Me: What, Why?
                Partner: B/c I said so...
                ME: Well, that really isn't a good enough reason...
                sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                  My would go more along the lines of...
                  Spoiler:
                  Partner: Smakes the Walkie-Talkie!
                  Me: What, Why?
                  Partner: B/c I said so...
                  ME: Well, that really isn't a good enough reason...

I also should have noted that at that point Beth would have been holding her stomach and nearly collapsing with laughter.

BTW- Another little note on this eppy. To me this episode proves unequivocally that Will is indeed "Robin" to Helen's "Batman".

Also, if Amanda Tapping gets any hotter the polar ice caps will melt far faster than any scientist could ever have predicted. I hold her personally responsible for global warming!
                  sigpic

Comment

This is said with great amusement (and love for both Sanctuary and The Princess Bride):

"Hello, my name is Kate Freelander. You killed my father, prepare to die."

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      This is said with great amusement (and love for both Sanctuary and The Princess Bride):

"Hello, my name is Kate Freelander. You killed my father, prepare to die."

suse
                      Hahahahahahaha! Indeed.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

You know, normally I see the new episode before any of you, but not this week because of that fall finale thing. I didn't read anything about the episode, but I only read one part of Sky's comment saying it was a good episode, and when that I was like "AHHHHHHHHHH!" It's not fair.

Comment

This was a very good ep, I'm really enjoying Alan McCullough's stories this year, lots of fun twists and turns.

Cool to see the abnormal world fleshed out more, they're even in the Mob! I was thinking that they maybe were setting up the mob to be bigger players like they did the Cabal last year, but with the Duke's death at the end that doesn't seem likely.

MS and AD were good together, some really nice comedic and dramatic beats, and AT and MS in the gun fight in the beginning was also great. And in general, I liked seeing the team working together, Bigfoot and Henry tracking down Jimmy and Kate, Helen bluffing the Duke twice, and Will for the 3rd ep in a row calling Helen 'insane'. Good stuff.

And it was nice, 9 eps in, to get some backstory on Kate. I like the parallels between her's and Jimmy's history, both fell in with the wrong crowd, both got pulled out by Helen. And for Kate esp I liked the little touches like her mom going back to Mumbai and the picture of Ganesh on her nightstand. And the talk with Helen at the end was also quite nice.

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice the swastikas on her backboard of her bed? I know that they're a religious symbol, so I have no problems.

Very good episode.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

you guys think we will ever hear about who it was who sold out the sanctuary? Personally, I think it was kate. Michael gave a great performance .

Comment

Working...
                              X