No announcement yet.

The Fifth Stage (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Peter got the Haitian's power, then Claire's power to heal the bullet wound, and after that West's (yep, the characters do remember him after all) flight ability.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post
      seeing as there isn't a thread for episode 13 and 14
      That is quite strange, usually we get the threads for the new episodes.

another thing I noticed, forgive me if I am wrong, is that Peter got his original power back? He used Claire to heal and then flew off at the end after looking at Nathans picture
      Originally posted by TBA View Post
      No, Peter got the Haitian's power, then Claire's power to heal the bullet wound, and after that West's (yep, the characters do remember him after all) flight ability.
      As unfortunate as it is, Peter still only has the one-power ability. Until it is shown or mentioned that he can use several abilities at once, it'll remain that way. He probably took Nathan's at the end, to be with him in flight.

Bennet was a bit naive as well I thought, especially in his treatment of Edgar
      I was actually hoping that Edgar would side with Bennet long term. Those two could easily work together, if only Bennet didn't want to raid the place. I can't see Edgar lasting too long though, I figure, at some point during the show, Samuel will end up killing him.
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

No, peter did not get his original ability back, sadly.

I kept wondering why they were bringing claries boyfriend up throughout the episode, it was so he could get his flying ability.

Although they didn't show him get it from him, that's most likely the way he got it since Peter asked Clarie if she could call him, for him.

Comment

1. Claire...no...

2. Nathan...bummer though someone had a point when they said Peter should have dropped Nathan/Sylar over the ocean.

3. Well at least they've tracked the carnival down.

Decent but getting a bit slow.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
            You know, sooner or later you would think these characters would start feeling guilty about the people Sylar kills since they are practically letting him loose on the world with their silly decisions over and over and over. Parkman is the only one who's actually tried to honest to goodness stop him and not been a complete idiot in the process.
            You would think so.. Heck look at how little Noah himself has seem to shown remorse since it WAS the company which effectively created him. Had they left Gabriel as is, i doubt he would have gone all sylar on us in the first place.

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
            This was an ok episode... The Sylar/Nathan/Peter storyline was good up until the end, where Sylar walks away. I loved that it got darker with Peter and the nailgun. I wish they would've kept that up. The sheer terror/pain in Sylar's eyes was worth it. Quinto is a great actor.
            I loved the shere emotion both actors put into that whole scene.. And would have LOVED it if either/both got an award from the awards shows..

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
            On a side note... Sylar flashes Peter something in his hand when he walks away from falling from the building. Does anyone know what it is? Or am I mistaken?
            From re-watching just that scene, it seemed like it was just Sylar giving Peter a 'salute'.. sort of.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the
            Spoiler:
            the Haitians power have kept Sylar from shifting back into Nathan? Unless they say Peter turned the power off when he "Haitianed" Sylar, which would be really stupid on his part.
            Did anyone else expect Nathan to throw Peter off the building?
            From watching all the prior eps, it seems it can be willingly turned on and off, and also has a range where it's effective out to.. that appears to be around 4-5 feet or so.

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
            I have my doubt whether Claire really believes Samuel. I think she's actually spying on him to try and find out what his real agenda is.

IMO it's so out of character for Claire to be so gullible, as you said. Hell a couple of eps back she tells Samuel: "you think I would trust you over my dad?" So I don't think her joining Samuel is genuine. Wait until she finds out what Samuel's real motive is and she'll call dad to bring in the cavalry!
            Initially i was thinking that too, but after seeing the ep a 2nd time and watching the next one, i think she IS somewhat taken in by being there, being surrounded by her 'own kind (evos)'..

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
            After a couple of episodes that seemed to take Samuel in the wrong direction, the writers brought him back on track. I think it’s entirely possible to cast Samuel as something of a Magneto analogue, especially given his ability, while still giving him a self-interested basis for his actions. Whether or not he’s invoking sincerity about leading his fellow metahumans to some sort of “promised land” for personal gain can be irrelevant, if the writers approach it correctly.

..snip..

At the same time, he could have much darker intentions. If he wants to create a place where metahumans can be themselves without a need to condescend to mundane human demands, that could be a prelude to forcing a state of independence. Samuel's own words suggest that he might use his enhanced ability to make demands. That could be his endgame, and having soldiers like Eli and Claire would only help his cause. In that light, creating a “family” develops loyalty.
            With how he seemed to want MORE about the carnie after finding out about the whole "power magnification" thing from Suresh, i think its more about striking out against the humans when he gets powerful enough, rather than just erecting a place of safety.

That wasn't the only illogical moment in the episode. Noah's character arc this season has been less than interesting, even taking into account his potential relationship with Lauren, and this hasn't changed. But why would Noah and Lauren be shocked when Eli just leaves with the files and doesn't stick around to kill them? Eli plainly states that he is there for something and would prefer to take it without resistance. Maybe Noah and Lauren were still too distracted by their personal drama!
            If anything i think they were too reactive, and not tactically thinking..

This is the last appearance in the series by Adrian Pasdar, which is probably a bit overdue. That took a little bit away from the overall impact of the final moments between Peter and Nathan, along with a surprisingly subdued approach to the scene. I must, however, give Pasdar credit for his final performance. His ability to switch between Nathan's weariness and Sylar's menace was a highlight of the episode, especially in counterpoint to Samuel's careful manipulations.
            Just like the whole pete/sylar scene with the nail guns, that was very well acted..

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
            something that hasn't been mention, Samuel implies that Claire isn't the one he wants but rather shes the key to bringing the person he really seeks to him..i wonder who it is he actually seeks...i guess it could be HRG but its also possible it could be Peter...Samuel did visit Peter for what seems like no reason so far...
            I am leaning towards it being Noah.. For his "niece" to finally get her revenge..

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
            one thing i find funny, and i always find funny, is the continual forgetting of b characters like lyle.
            like when noah was talking about the people he's hurt in his life by lying, and he didn't mention his son. or when nathan was saying his goodbyes, and telling peter to say goodbye to mum and to look after claire, and he didn't mention his sons AT ALL!!! i was like, dude, remember those two little humans that were running around your house for all those years? they wree your kids!
            It is rather unfortunate they completely forgot about his own 2 kids with his paralyzed wife..

Comment

Working...
            X