• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fifth Stage (412)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    THE FIFTH STAGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412

Noah and Lauren try to locate Claire, who has gone to Samuel's carnival. Peter takes on Sylar, using the Haitian's power to gain the upper hand and try and save Nathan.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:21 PM.

You know, sooner or later you would think these characters would start feeling guilty about the people Sylar kills since they are practically letting him loose on the world with their silly decisions over and over and over. Parkman is the only one who's actually tried to honest to goodness stop him and not been a complete idiot in the process.

Comment

the episode really didn't feel like a mid-season finale...it had its moment's but it was alittle boring...

Comment

I gotta admit, just freaking kill sylar please.

seriously dudes, he will NEVER redeem himself, kill him

that's the most frustrating part of this show and honestly has me not wanting to watch it simply because i'm sick of sylar getting away with everything
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

that's the most frustrating part of this show and honestly has me not wanting to watch it simply because i'm sick of sylar getting away with everything
          If they actually kill Sylar, this show is over IMO. He is such a big part of what makes this show great. At least, I sure think so. He is the perfect bad guy.

On another note, Claire is such an idiot. She is so buying what Samuel is selling. So gullible!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

i gotta agree with you on this...they keep using the same thing over and over again...dont get me wrong i like the character, but he really hasn't evolved much since the first season...he really needs some kinda change...

Comment

Haven't watched this one yet, but I thought it'd be a nice change to have Sylar and Nathan chat and Sylar get convinced to be a good guy. He then tries to help and situations/chance don't go his way, and everyone is still out to get him, convinced he's still evil.

Comment

This was an ok episode... The Sylar/Nathan/Peter storyline was good up until the end, where Sylar walks away. I loved that it got darker with Peter and the nailgun. I wish they would've kept that up. The sheer terror/pain in Sylar's eyes was worth it. Quinto is a great actor.

I almost wish Hayden Panettiere wasn't so dang hot. If she wasn't, I would say I hate her scenes. Really, her beauty is keeping Claire watchable for me. I don't know if it's the character that's boring or if it's just poorly written, or maybe she's just written in too much. But at this point, I would much rather have a Hiro-centric episode than Claire.

I don't know... maybe they could even kill Claire off somehow. It would provide a heck of a lot of character development for Noah. To see him go on a rampage would be great.

To have SOMETHING big happen would be just great. Not just something big, but something big and PERMANENT. It was 'cool' to have seen Parkman kill himself and Sylar, but just a couple minutes (if that) later, we see them alive. Nathan dies, but then we bring him back by sticking him in Sylar.

On a side note... Sylar flashes Peter something in his hand when he walks away from falling from the building. Does anyone know what it is? Or am I mistaken?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Guys, I know Samuel is evil... but I get the feeling that he's not that evil.

He seems to really want to honestly be good. At least I got that feeling in this episode.

I know he's done bad things, but Maybe Samuel will end up being good, and he'll battle Sylar down the line.

Comment

i'm thinking Samuel is the show's version of Magneto. Well meaning, wanting to just protect his own 'kind', but also brutal and murderous if you cross him.

we've seen how he manipulates the carnival folks into doing what he wants, how some of them are there almost against their will. And i'm thinking the carnival is a 'once you cross the threshold, you're there for life, whether you want to be or not' situation.

hence the animosity between other carnival folks and Samuel. they want to go, he won't let them.

Right now, he may simply be gathering the forces and giving them refuge. But I think the next step will be 'we'll show those evil humans to respect us' and Samuel's forces will become violent and aggressive in taking care of 'their own' and standing up for what they want
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the
                      Spoiler:
                      the Haitians power have kept Sylar from shifting back into Nathan? Unless they say Peter turned the power off when he "Haitianed" Sylar, which would be really stupid on his part.
                      Did anyone else expect Nathan to throw Peter off the building?
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the
                        Spoiler:
                        the Haitians power have kept Sylar from shifting back into Nathan? Unless they say Peter turned the power off when he "Haitianed" Sylar, which would be really stupid on his part.
                        Did anyone else expect Nathan to throw Peter off the building?
                        i think the haitians ability works in a localised field nathan was quite a distance from him to the point sylar returned to himself.

i had the feeling at the end with samuel speech about home is that when he gathers alot of people he would like create some huge wall from the ground and surround the place where they were at joeseph grave and that he would protect them from the outside world sort of like a bubble or crater so that people with powers can be free
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like Peter and Sylar are headed for another showdown no?? cept Petey can only hold onto one power at a time, any one think this gonna change?? When dose the show return??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ResearchGuy View Post
                            Looks like Peter and Sylar are headed for another showdown no?? cept Petey can only hold onto one power at a time, any one think this gonna change?? When dose the show return??
                            The next episode, "Upon This Rock", airs on January 4th.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ResearchGuy View Post
                              i sure hope not...the last 3 season's have all basically ended the same, a showdown with a Petrelli and Sylar presumably dead...as for Peter having more than 1 ability again, i'm still hoping at some point his current power will evolve into his original...

Comment

Working...
                              X