Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default Stargate: Resistance (Video Game)

The company working on the mmorpg "Stargate Worlds" Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. Recently announced in a cryptic Thanksgiving message to the SGW forums was the name of the new game. The message had parts of the message done in Capitals, which spelt out resistance. Also before the message was put up the Stargate Resistance forums were accidentally leaked and locked to the public a day later.

hi all! just wanted to say thanks for all the love and suppoRt you've given us over the yEars. it meanS the world to us, and we hope you'll enjoy the work we've been doIng here. i Sincerely hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving, ANd Can't wait to show you what wE've been doing here very soon!

shane
    It is unclear what will be in the game. But I recently discovered info regarding a unannounced title (could be Stargate:Resistance) the game will be a 3rd person shooter and will use the Unreal 3 engine.

Teyla’s Gymnastic Dance Sticks

Default Re: New stargate video game "Stargate:Resistance"

Woot sounds good but an FPS would be more up my street !

Colonel

Is there any actual evidence that this is a reference to a new game?

The director of QA accidentally released a post on Stargate:Resistance before taking it down.

Cool, so the company that's working on the vaporware SGW title is now working on another title?

Yeah, that has a lot of promise.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Trying to not get too excited in case it never gets finished but can't help it - This news has me stoked! I prefer 3rd person shooters. Love the game title too! Hope we get more info on it soon!
    Last edited by gategoat; November 28th, 2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Typo

If it is no longer an MMO then I will get excited. I'm not trusting anything just yet.

Captain

Why don't they actually get Stargate Worlds finished before starting a new game ? If they can not finish one game what makes anyone think they will finish two ? Unless Stargate Worlds ends up dead ? & heck why not just finish up SG-1: The Alliance ? & release that on PSN & XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    Why don't they actually get Stargate Worlds finished before starting a new game ? If they can not finish one game what makes anyone think they will finish two ? Unless Stargate Worlds ends up dead ? & heck why not just finish up SG-1: The Alliance ? & release that on PSN & XBLA
    CME have nothing to do with Stargate The Alliance. AS for Stargate Worlds it is still in development. I believe they are just dividing their resources for both games but don't quote me on that one.

Awsome. I hope it happens. I really hope SG Worlds gets done but i to would love to have a FPS for sure!

I wished SG-1 :Alliance came out it looked like an awsome game.

One can only hope that we'll see them released *fingercrossed*
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

I'm more interested in Resistance. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devoted to an MMO but I still want a SG game so this is exciting.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Chief Master Sergeant Hotep Ka Heru'ur's Avatar

I'm starting to think there will never be a Stargate game. This aspect of the franchise is obviously cursed. Already in 1997 there was one in development (I remember seeing screenshots with lots of Anubis headed Jaffa)... so my guess is if they can't make a decent SG game in 12 years, they either aren't really trying or they are unable. Either way, I'm not optimistic.

Chief Master Sergeant Mr. Domino's Avatar

Well, the biggest problem is the crossover in the fanbase. Most (definitely not all) SG fans I know are fans of something else first and foremost, and so
    are more likely to support games/books/whatever of that franchise first. I myself am even guilty of that, though I support SG merch whenever I can.

Unfortunately, I think that until SG becomes a truly blockbuster franchise, something of Star Wars or Terminator proportions, we're just not going to see the games that StarGate deserves.
    "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
    "Who doesn't?"

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...Sig-Banner.jpg

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Domino View Post
    Well, the biggest problem is the crossover in the fanbase. Most (definitely not all) SG fans I know are fans of something else first and foremost, and so
    are more likely to support games/books/whatever of that franchise first. I myself am even guilty of that, though I support SG merch whenever I can.

Unfortunately, I think that until SG becomes a truly blockbuster franchise, something of Star Wars or Terminator proportions, we're just not going to see the games that StarGate deserves.
    Well Stargate is probably a bigger Franchise than Terminator since the past two Terminator films haven't been as good as the first two. Plus Stargate has a very rich universe, something Terminator doesn't have. Star Trek and Star Wars on the other hand are still massive compared to Stargate.

Also after thinking about the whole premise of Stargate (SG-1) it fits really well with an MMO or a Video Game in general since it is four people who go through the gate together on missions and get technology for defense against the enemy. So Worlds, or Resistance, or whatever games will come in the future will be good and won't be as bad as the Farscape game.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCommander View Post
    Well Stargate is probably a bigger Franchise than Terminator
    I doubt that very much.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Chief Master Sergeant Mr. Domino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCommander View Post
    Well Stargate is probably a bigger Franchise than Terminator since the past two Terminator films haven't been as good as the first two. Plus Stargate has a very rich universe, something Terminator doesn't have. Star Trek and Star Wars on the other hand are still massive compared to Stargate.
    Absolutely not. Quality of the films has nothing to do with how popular a franchise is. Terminator is very good evidence of this. Terminator makes summer blockbuster films that everyone and their dog goes to see. Its really freaking big money. StarGate, even as much better as it often is, is still a fairly niche market.

Also after thinking about the whole premise of Stargate (SG-1) it fits really well with an MMO or a Video Game in general since it is four people who go through the gate together on missions and get technology for defense against the enemy. So Worlds, or Resistance, or whatever games will come in the future will be good and won't be as bad as the Farscape game.
    Absolutely agreed with you here.

Also, wondering if they realize there's already been a novel titled StarGate: Resistance? I've got it, I just haven't read it yet. Its the fifth in the Bill McCay series of original movie sequels
    "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
    "Who doesn't?"

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...Sig-Banner.jpg

Colonel

If the game succeeds it will have little or nothing to do with how much of the Stargate fan base they hit, these games will be marketed at all gamers, the recognizability of the brand might be a factor, but the size of the fanbase will be largely irrelevant. It always makes me laugh when people say Stargate can't make it big with movies or games because of the size of it's fan base, like it's somehow relevant. As long as the quality and marketing is there you can make a success of any project, whether it has a massive existing fan base like Star Trek, or a non existent one like the Matrix did.

Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    a non existent one like the Matrix did.
    A nonexistent fanbase for The Matrix? I doubt that. But, indeed the game's success does not rely on the shows fanbases. A good game is a good game.

I doubt that this new game will be release seeing as they are having problems with SGW anyway. Id say give SGW to a larger company like BioWare or another big name company since they have the resources to make the game, make it WELL, and market it well, and let Cheyenne Mountain work on a smaller project like this new one. I'm not saying they are bad at what they do all I'm saying is that an MMO is very very hard to make, alot harder then a regular game, why do you think that there are only a hand full of successful MMOs out there?

Quote Originally Posted by FN-P90 View Post
    I doubt that this new game will be release seeing as they are having problems with SGW anyway. Id say give SGW to a larger company like BioWare or another big name company since they have the resources to make the game, make it WELL, and market it well, and let Cheyenne Mountain work on a smaller project like this new one. I'm not saying they are bad at what they do all I'm saying is that an MMO is very very hard to make, alot harder then a regular game, why do you think that there are only a hand full of successful MMOs out there?

But I am thrilled THRILLLED to hear that there could be...even the slimmest of hopes...for a good TPS game based on SG, I love those games a lot better then the First Person shooter, and for something with teh stargate name it is a must, if they are going to use the characters from the show as playable characters.