TJ's psych evaluations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    What TJ did could not even be called psych evaluations. Given the fact she has no training in psychology, what she did was simply give her personal opinion on the mental well being of her colleagues. This is a bloody insane thing to do from a leadership perspective. It obviously isn't TJ's fault as she is just trying her best but Young has really lost the plot on this one.
    I completely agree that TJ's "interviews" in no way constitute psych evals, but to be honest... I felt really bad for TJ. As soon as Young gave her that order I thought "how the heck would she know how to do a psych eval?" Based on undergraduate psychology courses, I would have no idea where to start, so I sympathized with TJ's attempts to muddle through it. Not only does she have to try to accomplish Young's orders, but she has no one (as far as we know) who will listen to her talk about how she's handling things.

Young was expecting too much of TJ. I understand Young's motives, but it just showed that he really had no idea how difficult it would be for TJ to do anything close to a real psych eval. I almost got the feeling that Young doesn't know much about psychology or put much stock in it, but he gave the order because it seemed like the thing to do from a human resources standpoint. All in all, a weird decision from Young, but it provided some good character development for TJ and I hope they follow up on how her "evaluations" go with the rest of the crew.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Robert Carlyle? Oh yes, joyously so, in some of the interviews I've heard.
      Elyse has quite a mouth too, though when asked about it she would say <the remainder of this post has been bleeped out>
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
      X