Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did they get the clothes, and why train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Stats can be misleading especially since the US is so huge in terms of population
    Yeah, but I figure the percentage of the population is a good way to go. Country A could have 4 million overweight while country B only has 1 million. If the respective populations of country A and B are 10 million and 1.5 million though, which is worse off as a whole?

Anyway, like I said, I wasn't attacking anyone. If anything, good for s09119 for keeping in shape. Doesn't change the fact that nearly 2/3 of the country is overweight. That also doesn't change the fact that nearly 3/4 of Britons are overweight.

Back OT though, good for Young for trying to get the crew in shape. I'll just weigh in (no pun intended ) saying that their food is the same stuff bodybuilders and athletes eat to give them lots of energy without eating a load of stuff. This may also explain why tempers are running hot on board Destiny; they have all this energy and (until now) nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
      Doesn't change the fact that nearly 2/3 of the country is overweight. That also doesn't change the fact that nearly 3/4 of Britons are overweight.it.
      Are you differentiating between "overweight" and "obese"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        Are you differentiating between "overweight" and "obese"?
        No. The obesity rates are quite a bit lower, but still shockingly high. 31% in the US and 24% in Britain. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Stats can be misleading especially since the US is so huge in terms of population

They're not that misleading, a lot of it has to do with where in the States one is located, as some regions are healthier than others, and some information is skewed (for instance the standard accepted measurement of obesity, even in terms of BMI isn't entirely accurate). However, it is true that in the US and most industrially developed nations, lifestyle changes, that could lead to healthier BMIs can greatly improve lifespan, and life quality in these nations. And as it stands right now, my country, the US seems to be the worst off.

Comment

Working...
          X