Spencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spencer

So I feel bad for him. He clearly is on medication, is probably stressed out that he is out of them, and they are probably messing with him too.
    Spoiler:
    At the end of the episode he looks dead, and in the sneak peak you see him being zipped up in a bag.
    I feel like his story was never told. Sure he freaks out in the hall, but why not give him the help he needs instead of yelling and sending him on his way.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 November 2009, 11:37 PM.
    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    So I feel bad for him. He clearly is on medication, is probably stressed out that he is out of them, and they are probably messing with him too. At the end of the episode he looks dead, and in the sneak peak you see him being zipped up in a bag. I feel like his story was never told. Sure he freaks out in the hall, but why not give him the help he needs instead of yelling and sending him on his way.
    Yeah, probably mentioning
    Spoiler:
    the zipping
    would be best in spoiler tags.

If any of the Destinites knew Spencer was taking those pills, I'm sure it would've come up - why they didn't is just something we don't yet. So when Spencer starts snapping at civilians and stealing supplies left and right, Young goes down on him hard instead of you know, asking about the pills or something like that.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 November 2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: inserted tags .
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

He's most probably abusing prescription drugs seeing as how he seemingly hasn't told anyone about them, so he's only got himself to blame for not being given help when he randomly freaks out on an innocent bystander merely for running into him.

Comment

It looks more like a drug addiction then legitimate medication to me. Even if it were medication though, some meds are so hard on the brain when getting off them cold turkey that the consequences can be quite dire.

Comment

i would agree. no way those pills he's taking are legit. it's more likely he stole some Vicodin and is going to his happy place whenever he takes them, just like House

or maybe they're E pills, traveling in FTL is rather trippy if you ask me.

Comment

He's got prescription pills. We assume they're his own. We can assume that the military isn't so screwed up that they're anti-psychotics or something like that. I mean theyr'e round white pills so they could be aspirin, Tamoxifen, etc. etc.

He's got anger management issues, whether they're related to the medication, is unknown, but he got a severe concussion (out for nearly 7 minutes) and since the writers totally did NOT address that.... I don't expect too much reality with the pills either.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              He's got prescription pills. We assume they're his own. We can assume that the military isn't so screwed up that they're anti-psychotics or something like that. I mean theyr'e round white pills so they could be aspirin, Tamoxifen, etc. etc.

He's got anger management issues, whether they're related to the medication, is unknown, but he got a severe concussion (out for nearly 7 minutes) and since the writers totally did NOT address that.... I don't expect too much reality with the pills either.
              And who do you know it was 7 minutes?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Cause the first time you see him pop the pills, there's a printed label with SPENCER written on it? That generally indicates perscription based

One may ask, why doesn't TJ known he's on perscription meds? Well she's just a medic and it's probably never come up before in casual conversation.

"How are you Spencer?"
                "Just find, popping my ritalin a few pills at a time"
                "Ooo, you're on Ritalin?"

Comment

I really look forward to finding out what exactly goes down with Spencer in this episode.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So I feel bad for him. He clearly is on medication, is probably stressed out that he is out of them, and they are probably messing with him too.
                    Spoiler:
                    At the end of the episode he looks dead, and in the sneak peak you see him being zipped up in a bag.
                    I feel like his story was never told. Sure he freaks out in the hall, but why not give him the help he needs instead of yelling and sending him on his way.
                    Based on a screen cap from Darkness, the pills he is taking are prescription painkillers and, based on his taking the last pill in Life and on his actions in the episode, he's addicted to them.

Help is all well and good, but there are a couple of things. First, if he doesn't want help, no help anyone offers will do any good. He's in a situation where he would have to ask for help. Based on where they are, help would be locking him up in his quarters for a few days while he gets through the worst of the withdrawal symptoms.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

IF Spencer dies in Justice then who's going to get fingered for his murder? Young seems to have had just about enough of his antics and theres the incidents with him bullying Franklin in the excercise hall and the altercation with Franklin in the corridor to take into consideration aswell? Justice could well turn out to be a very cool 'who done it?' episode!

Personaly I hope they dont kill off Spencer, his character seems to be one of the more convoluted onces and I for one like him!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        If we're honest Spencer was always gonna be a token redshirt and he might just as well have been called Sgt Cannonfodder

If one of the characters was going to top themselves it would be much better, dramatically speaking if it was one of the more likeable and more central characters

Comment

you guys have no clue about pain killers and dependance... lt me put it this way, if you have withdrawls, it does not turn you into a psycotic lunatic..
                          this guy is a nutjob and is dangerous..
                          My Story:
                          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

I dont know why but I kinda liked his character. Sad to see him go.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really hope they explain his story in Justice, but I have a feeling that they won't.

I don't like the fact that they're killing him off, because they really built him up to be an interesting character, and right at the point where you want to know more about him... BAM, you can't, cause he's dead.
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                              X