Did I get it right? [IMG]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I get it right? [IMG]

So I've been following this show since I saw the first episode and were completely stuck, haven't seen many old Stargate episodes but I've seen a few here and there... anyway. In this episode my brain just melted from all the time-traveling and killing off entire sets of crew so I tried to organize it graphically for my own head.

So could any of you more... experienced viewers confirm whether I got this right or if I missed something?

Cheers,
    Sid

Yes, that's the best graphic I have seen used to describe it
    Good job with the graphic!

It's pretty much a loop, that keeps being updated by the previous loop... if that makes sense. You did it well
    "Wøøf!"

Comment

Yup, pretty much sums it up. There are people out there who barely get this stuff at all, so it'd be cool if you added some more stuff to it for other users such as indicating which timeline is which. Like maybe making the first timeline have some Kino effect showing that it's the time line that was seen through the first Kino, and then the second timeline being the clearest of the 3 showing that it's the one that we followed most of the episode. And then the third timeline be kinda faint to show that we weren't really shown it.

Also I really like how they continue flowing to the right to show that the timelines in which the crew members died do in fact continue on, but our focus just shifts to another timeline.

Comment

Excellent first post, green his ass
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by shade45 View Post
            Yup, pretty much sums it up. There are people out there who barely get this stuff at all, so it'd be cool if you added some more stuff to it for other users such as indicating which timeline is which. Like maybe making the first timeline have some Kino effect showing that it's the time line that was seen through the first Kino, and then the second timeline being the clearest of the 3 showing that it's the one that we followed most of the episode. And then the third timeline be kinda faint to show that we weren't really shown it.

Also I really like how they continue flowing to the right to show that the timelines in which the crew members died do in fact continue on, but our focus just shifts to another timeline.
            Whoa, my little brain never thought of that. I'll get right on that since I don't have anything better to do at this time anyway. And big thanks for the feedback everyone (:

Comment

Spoiler:

Here we go. Tried to mark more important points during the episode but couldn't get it to fit without making it really messy. Could try to make an ultimate version which would be way more detailed for people who wants it, but it will be waaaay bigger.

If any mods could update the picture in my initial post it'd be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidola View Post
                Spoiler:

Here we go. Tried to mark more important points during the episode but couldn't get it to fit without making it really messy. Could try to make an ultimate version which would be way more detailed for people who wants it, but it will be waaaay bigger.

If any mods could update the picture in my initial post it'd be greatly appreciated.
                Really great graphic explaining what happened.
                . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

reported for sticky, green'd as hard as I possibly can!

Comment

Very nice graphic indeed
                    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Oh, I really like that and could even begin to try to explain it myself. FANTASTIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Sidola View Post
                        Spoiler:

Actually no that's incorrect. They found two kinos and the one they sent through on the planet. They way you're explaining it they only find one kino, Scott's kino.

It's explained in Kino 18: A new kind of crazy that they find the original Kino with Scott's Kino.

The most likely way of things happening I illustrated in this diagram:
                        http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6981/img007dt.jpg

It was discussed in the general Time discussion thread,
                        check out post 777 and onwards.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          Actually no that's incorrect. They found two kinos and the one they sent through on the planet. They way you're explaining it they only find one kino, Scott's kino.

It's explained in Kino 18: A new kind of crazy that they find the original Kino with Scott's Kino.

The most likely way of things happening I illustrated in this diagram:
                          http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6981/img007dt.jpg

It was discussed in the general Time discussion thread,
                          check out post 777 and onwards.
                          Sorry for the slow response, read this post just before I had to run off for the Christmas holidays. And I fully agree, I did this visualization before we had the information in from the "New Kind Of Crazy" video so I assumed this is how the time-lines would look.

Now that I've seen it and read trough the posts in the other thread I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out a logic behind a sci-fi idea - yes, a very stupid task.

I'll try to have a new illusion up demonstrating the whole "timeline-cloning" theory.

Comment

It's not stupid, but the problem is that there's still room for several possibilities, not to mention the fact that we don't have absolute certainty that the same effects where causing the same time-line, alternative time-line etc. It could be for example that the nature of the solar flare determines if there's time-slipping... Or many other things. And how unlikely they might be now, a lot of theories are still possible, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I do like the illustrations a lot. Nice work on that. How did you make it? Illustrator? I would use Illustrator for that. Still if I could I'd give you some for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X