Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Time (108)/Life (109) - I'm confused *Spoilers*

I think it was clear that they got the Kino, learnt how to save themselves - The End.

I didn't get the impression there was more to come, and I didn't expect it at all.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Default Re: So no conclusion to last week?

From now on, there won't even be an episode. One character will just explain what will happen in the episode. We will have to imagine the rest. Better yet, read the synopsis on the web and imagine the episode yourself in your head.

Seriously, I like the ending. But I thought it would also be a 2 parters. Obviously in such episode, Scott's plan would have encountered some difficulty, drama and peripety, like any episode.

Colonel

Default Re: Time (108)/Life (109) - I'm confused *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by abstractrobbie View Post
    Hey, half the time the solution is obvious in most episodes, we know that by the end of how ever many series SGU lasts for they will eventually get home,
    Do we? Because I really don't see that happening.

so why waste the time and effort making the series... Lets just jump to the end and assume it right now eh. geeez
    Uh, Digifluid just said the opposite to that. It's the journey that's important, not the obvious conclusion (if there is one).

The way they put it together suggested there was more to come, regardless of what may or may not seem obvious. The fact they left it hanging said there was going to be a twist, then was deflated the following week.
    No it didn't, the vast majority of the audience interpreted the scene correctly. There have only been a handful of people here so far that didn't understand that the story had been resolved.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Guys, lose the SGA talk please

this is about SGU

I think the confusion may come from the fact that Universe's multi-part episodes don't end with "To Be Continued," so in cases like this where it may be ambiguous if there's more coming next week, some people get a little lost. I don't think anything more was needed, but the writers really may want to consider reminding people which installments will be continued later and which ones are self-contained.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Colonel
    Second door on the left at the top of the stairs

Cool Re: So no conclusion to last week?

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    I think the confusion may come from the fact that Universe's multi-part episodes don't end with "To Be Continued," so in cases like this where it may be ambiguous if there's more coming next week, some people get a little lost. I don't think anything more was needed, but the writers really may want to consider reminding people which installments will be continued later and which ones are self-contained.
    It's a soap!!! the storyline never ends......

Thumbs down Re: So no conclusion to last week?

I keep hearing about these Kinosodes - where can I watch them?

They should have followed up somehow on TELEVISION instead of on the internet. "Life" was a POC episode. I'm not sure if I'm even going to keep watching SGU if it keeps on like this. It's not Stargate, it's a soap opera. If I wanted a soap I would have watched a SOAP...I want S T A R G A T E!!!!

ok my rant is done. I think I'm going to go watch my SG-1 dvd's now and make myself happy with stargate again. lol. Nothing like the original, eh?

Being a trekkie as well as a gater, I see a pattern (Stargate Universe = Star Trek: Enterprise)

I only watched it once, but uhh ... I could have swore it said "to be continued" at the end. Or maybe I'm just trippin' balls.

So we'll assume they caught the creatures during the day with no incident, and used the venom to vaccine everyone of the alien bacteria (or whatever) in the water supply.

Not the best of storytelling methods since it wasn't immediately clear a resolution was made and we're left only to assume.

For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.
    next time the server crashes i'm stealing that

Probie

I just had a thought about the whole "use your imagination" thing, and would like to take a little poll:

Of those who felt that there should have been a concrete ending to the Time episode: how many of you are avid readers?

From the friend I've talked to about this ep, it seems that the ones who are happiest with the ending as-is are also big into reading novels, etc... whereas the ones who want the ending given to them tend to be less likely to be into reading.

Just wondering if this is unique amongst the group of people I work with, or if it's common to the people in this discussion thread as well?

Staff Sergeant

the entire sci-fi genre has been historically episodic... if you focus on time travel stories then that episodic-ness gets even worse... I for one am quite happy that they spared us the third run happy ending reality. I think is was kind and a little clever to add it as a Kino clip. A way to please everyone.
    "Okay, we have 43 minutes of good stuff. What do we want to do?.... Um . . . Let's be different and show the 3rd trip through the time line and spend more time on the entertaining parts.

Oh you're going to upset people!

Fine, then we'll show a happy ending for in a Kino clip to make everyone happy."

This is one kino clip that I hope they are smart and add in the box set when they release SGU DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by drfyzziks View Post
    I just had a thought about the whole "use your imagination" thing, and would like to take a little poll:

Of those who felt that there should have been a concrete ending to the Time episode: how many of you are avid readers?

From the friend I've talked to about this ep, it seems that the ones who are happiest with the ending as-is are also big into reading novels, etc... whereas the ones who want the ending given to them tend to be less likely to be into reading.

Just wondering if this is unique amongst the group of people I work with, or if it's common to the people in this discussion thread as well?
    I always have around 5 books on the go at any given time. I also read a number of newspapers each day, watch the news/current affairs programs, etc. But more pertinent to me perhaps is that my writing and editing training was very show don't tell, use words sparsely but make them count.

It's an inside baseball episode. Anyone tuning in to check out gate for the first time is pretty much out of luck, unless they are really sharp and focused.