So no conclusion to last week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    as to how it "ended"....scott sent the kino back....had sex with chloe.... watched the kino with eli....had sex with james....Tj manufactured the cure (and now I understand why people think meds cost too much...they are not that easy to make-- try ten years of testing alone....) then SHE had sex with scott while eli explained her making the drug....riley talked about time travel...while chloe and james compared notes....then eli had chloe AND james at the same time.......... while young and TJ got it on.... see easy enough to figure out!
    yeah...that sounds about right.

Comment

So did they actually show on screen the crew of Destiny *finally* capturing one of the creatures and saving everyone? or do we just have to assume that they did?
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
        So did they actually show on screen the crew of Destiny *finally* capturing one of the creatures and saving everyone? or do we just have to assume that they did?
        Assume it. Time ended without a To Be Continued note, and everything we need to know has been told to us very specifically. Connect the dots and everything's gravy.

(And for us Internet folks, there was a Kinosode which was an epilogue to Time, showing the third timeline finding the Kinos and discussing having caught the creatures... But the Kinosode is not needed to be seen to still draw conclusions about Time.)
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          Why would they waste the time and effort? The solution was obvious at the end of "Time".
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The issue of spoon feeding resolutions was certainly not exclusive to SGA - it has been a defining feature of a large chunk of American TV for a very long time. And the reason? Well, look at all the people here who are complaining about not actually seeing what was so obviously going to happen in Time. People don't like to have to think once the closing credits roll. They want *forces fingers to type that most hideous of words* closure.
            Last edited by Lahela; 22 November 2009, 11:27 PM. Reason: typo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              The issue of spoon feeding resolutions was certainly not exclusive to SGA - it has been a defining feature of a large chunk of American TV for a very long time. And the reason? Well, look at all the people here who are complaining about not actually seeing what was so obviously going to happen in Time. People don't like to have to think once the closing credits roll. They want *forces fingers to type that most hideous of words* closure.
              All to do with dumbing things down so the lowest common denominator understands it and buys an advertiser's product in abject gratitude.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71651

Exactly the same question.

Anybody posting below this deserves red
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

SG-1 had an ep that didn't show the resolution. The second part of tje two parter that started with Summit, with the symbiote poison.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Why would they waste the time and effort? The solution was obvious at the end of "Time".
                    Hey, half the time the solution is obvious in most episodes, we know that by the end of how ever many series SGU lasts for they will eventually get home, so why waste the time and effort making the series... Lets just jump to the end and assume it right now eh. geeez

The way they put it together suggested there was more to come, regardless of what may or may not seem obvious. The fact they left it hanging said there was going to be a twist, then was deflated the following week. I have defended SGU so far, but no more, from "Time" to the next episode "Life" was like building up to a big orgasm and then missing. SGU is starting to loose my interest now, it just gets going and then falls back on its backside. I enjoyed watching the character building for the first few episodes, when we got to "Water" I thought here we go, strap in, for things seem to be really getting going, the following episode just dropped right off again back to where we had been. Time was great and I got ready for some great TV, waiting with anticipation to see what could possibly happen next, and hurrah, we are back to the slow pace again.
                    I hate to say this after everything I have said before and people I have knocked for slagging the show but SGU is really starting to get very tiring and boring, if this is what is in store for the rest of the season I highly doubt I will see it to the end, or at least I most definitely will not be in any hurry to watch season 2. I guess I'll just wait and see what next week brings but at the moment, Stargate is loosing its appeal completely, I'm really not interested in who's trying to poke who's wife while the hubby is away, who is gay or whatever, im interested in what should be a good sifi show. Next week they find a body and realize they have a murderer, hmmm I wonder who that is going to be... So should they have bothered making the episode ????

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      No. I said the powers behind SGA, in using that vehicle, treated us like we were all children with the attention span of a gnat.
                      I guess I am a child with an attention span of a gnat because I liked what I was watching and thought it was very entertaining and made me think.
                      It was certainly very entertaining, however it became horribly convoluted; far too much in one episode, saved by some last-minute science, or superhuman heroics. At points it kinda insulted one's intelligence, don't you think? Albeit in an entertaining way.

SGU on the contrary (currently) seems a lot smarter.
                      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I think it was clear that they got the Kino, learnt how to save themselves - The End.

I didn't get the impression there was more to come, and I didn't expect it at all.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

From now on, there won't even be an episode. One character will just explain what will happen in the episode. We will have to imagine the rest. Better yet, read the synopsis on the web and imagine the episode yourself in your head.

Seriously, I like the ending. But I thought it would also be a 2 parters. Obviously in such episode, Scott's plan would have encountered some difficulty, drama and peripety, like any episode.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by abstractrobbie View Post
                            Hey, half the time the solution is obvious in most episodes, we know that by the end of how ever many series SGU lasts for they will eventually get home,
                            Do we? Because I really don't see that happening.

so why waste the time and effort making the series... Lets just jump to the end and assume it right now eh. geeez
                            Uh, Digifluid just said the opposite to that. It's the journey that's important, not the obvious conclusion (if there is one).

The way they put it together suggested there was more to come, regardless of what may or may not seem obvious. The fact they left it hanging said there was going to be a twist, then was deflated the following week.
                            No it didn't, the vast majority of the audience interpreted the scene correctly. There have only been a handful of people here so far that didn't understand that the story had been resolved.

Comment

Guys, lose the SGA talk please

this is about SGU
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think the confusion may come from the fact that Universe's multi-part episodes don't end with "To Be Continued," so in cases like this where it may be ambiguous if there's more coming next week, some people get a little lost. I don't think anything more was needed, but the writers really may want to consider reminding people which installments will be continued later and which ones are self-contained.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X