So no conclusion to last week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I think the confusion may come from the fact that Universe's multi-part episodes don't end with "To Be Continued," so in cases like this where it may be ambiguous if there's more coming next week, some people get a little lost. I don't think anything more was needed, but the writers really may want to consider reminding people which installments will be continued later and which ones are self-contained.
    It's a soap!!! the storyline never ends......

Comment

I keep hearing about these Kinosodes - where can I watch them?

They should have followed up somehow on TELEVISION instead of on the internet. "Life" was a POC episode. I'm not sure if I'm even going to keep watching SGU if it keeps on like this. It's not Stargate, it's a soap opera. If I wanted a soap I would have watched a SOAP...I want S T A R G A T E!!!!

ok my rant is done. I think I'm going to go watch my SG-1 dvd's now and make myself happy with stargate again. lol. Nothing like the original, eh?

Being a trekkie as well as a gater, I see a pattern (Stargate Universe = Star Trek: Enterprise)

Comment

I only watched it once, but uhh ... I could have swore it said "to be continued" at the end. Or maybe I'm just trippin' balls.

So we'll assume they caught the creatures during the day with no incident, and used the venom to vaccine everyone of the alien bacteria (or whatever) in the water supply.

Not the best of storytelling methods since it wasn't immediately clear a resolution was made and we're left only to assume.
        >>>Hello, I'm new! Here's my introduction post:<<<

Comment

For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.
            next time the server crashes i'm stealing that
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I just had a thought about the whole "use your imagination" thing, and would like to take a little poll:

Of those who felt that there should have been a concrete ending to the Time episode: how many of you are avid readers?

From the friend I've talked to about this ep, it seems that the ones who are happiest with the ending as-is are also big into reading novels, etc... whereas the ones who want the ending given to them tend to be less likely to be into reading.

Just wondering if this is unique amongst the group of people I work with, or if it's common to the people in this discussion thread as well?

Comment

the entire sci-fi genre has been historically episodic... if you focus on time travel stories then that episodic-ness gets even worse... I for one am quite happy that they spared us the third run happy ending reality. I think is was kind and a little clever to add it as a Kino clip. A way to please everyone.
                "Okay, we have 43 minutes of good stuff. What do we want to do?.... Um . . . Let's be different and show the 3rd trip through the time line and spend more time on the entertaining parts.

Oh you're going to upset people!

Fine, then we'll show a happy ending for in a Kino clip to make everyone happy."

This is one kino clip that I hope they are smart and add in the box set when they release SGU DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by drfyzziks View Post
                  I just had a thought about the whole "use your imagination" thing, and would like to take a little poll:

Of those who felt that there should have been a concrete ending to the Time episode: how many of you are avid readers?

From the friend I've talked to about this ep, it seems that the ones who are happiest with the ending as-is are also big into reading novels, etc... whereas the ones who want the ending given to them tend to be less likely to be into reading.

Just wondering if this is unique amongst the group of people I work with, or if it's common to the people in this discussion thread as well?
                  I always have around 5 books on the go at any given time. I also read a number of newspapers each day, watch the news/current affairs programs, etc. But more pertinent to me perhaps is that my writing and editing training was very show don't tell, use words sparsely but make them count.

Comment

It's an inside baseball episode. Anyone tuning in to check out gate for the first time is pretty much out of luck, unless they are really sharp and focused.

Comment

Working...
                    X