So no conclusion to last week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no conclusion to last week?

I was so looking forward to this weeks episode as last week ended on what was pretty much a cliff hanger. What did we get instead... another boring episode with the stones. The stones are quickly being the Star Trek holodeck episodes of the SGU.

Last week really was left open... no explanation of how they caught the creatures, created the vanccine... last week was so good even if it did overplay the Blair Witch POV thing.

I have to say I was really disappointed when this episode started so much so, that I turned it off hoping that maybe they'd boardcast the wrong one or something.

It wouldn't have been that hard to have combined what happened in this episode with the tail end of what happened in last weeks episode would it?

Just swear worded me off.

To much drama and not enough action... this is more fo a soap in space than anything else at the moment.

I think you have to use your I M A G I N A T I O N. Or i could ruin it for you... they do what the kinos said and saved everybody. See? It wasn't hard.

Comment

We already have one on of these. Try the link.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71632
      sigpic

Comment

Why would you need a conclusion to something which was resolved?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

yup scott saved the day
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There was no need for the resolution to be shown, it was obvious what happened next.

Comment

It may have been obvious what happened but a small finish up wouldn't have hurt.

(y) op
              sigpic

Comment

This isn't Atlantis, 5 years of being treated like I was dumb as a post were quite enough for me.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have to agree with what people have said, in that the conclusion was incredibly obvious and that the dialogue of the end of "Time" explicitly made it not a cliffhanger.

That said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYJiDDdP78

Or try Kino episode 18 on the Stargate MGM website.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                    It may have been obvious what happened but a small finish up wouldn't have hurt.

(y) op
                    It would, it would have meant that scenes from other parts of the episode would need to be cut.

Comment

It would've been nice to actually see what happened instead of the writers just going "....and they lived happily ever after" and just went about their business.

The Kino webepisodes are fine I guess, but when they start forcing you to watch them to get conclusion to something the writers should have done in the ACTUAL SHOW then we start having a problem. Extra content is fine, I have no problem with it but we should not be FORCED to get into this extra content for promotional sakes.
                      " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                      - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

Originally posted by Sim View Post
                        It would've been nice to actually see what happened instead of the writers just going "....and they lived happily ever after" and just went about their business.

The Kino webepisodes are fine I guess, but when they start forcing you to watch them to get conclusion to something the writers should have done in the ACTUAL SHOW then we start having a problem. Extra content is fine, I have no problem with it but we should not be FORCED to get into this extra content for promotional sakes.
                        They aren't necessary.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

You're not forced to get any extra content, it's not at all necessary for following the story line. The story provided all the conclusion that was needed, it was blatantly obvious from the ending that in the next loop they'd have all the information they needed to turn up during the day, catch a couple of creatures and then all live happily ever after. There was no need for anything further to be put in the episode apart from to satisfy the people who apparently need every little thing spelling out for them or they're not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sim View Post

kino 18 only showed eli and scott's reaction to scott's message. nothing more
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              kino 18 only showed eli and scott's reaction to scott's message. nothing more
                              ....AND Scott saying he and Young went to the planet and captured a bunch of creatures.

...AND Eli saying that people were getting sick but TJ was manufacturing a cure from the venom.

...AND a HEALTHY Riley explaining time travel and how they were able to send the Kinos back in time.

Comment

Working...
                              X