Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it's possible to build a Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it's possible to build a Stargate?

What do you think? I think it COULD be possible

P.S. Sorry if this thread was done before, I searched but I couldn't find any.
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

nope the idea is ludicrus to begin with but im sure someone with the the technical know how to explain it in more depth...

Comment

either we need to master matter compression into a microwormhole, or the entire earth will be annihilated by the effects of such a big wormhole

Comment

All we need s Orlen and a toaster... oh wait...

Comment

In the show yes Tollans(and Nox) made a gate, and Orlen's disposable gate.
          in real life I have know Idea.
          http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
            In the show yes Tollans(and Nox) made a gate, and Orlen's disposable gate.
            in real life I have know Idea.
            I don't know where people get this idea.

IRL, only if we get naquadah.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              I don't know where people get this idea.

IRL, only if we get naquadah.
              in the ep they say that earth hooked them up with the Nox and they worked together. you are wrong.

sigpic
              Sig made by squirrely1
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
              *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

the nox helped the tollan. so probably, the nox gave the technology and the tollan filled it in with their own technology and components.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                  What do you think? I think it COULD be possible

P.S. Sorry if this thread was done before, I searched but I couldn't find any.
                  Yes it is possible, but the amount of knowledge that should be used by a single man or scientists group is enormous. If you look at the fire finding a couple of thousand years ago, the Edison bulb, steam century, there would be times when we build our own intelstellar teleportation system.

Till then we must split the project into tiny little pieces to ensure it will work in the future. If it goes for tehnology, the ring is a big superconductor made from naquadah, but it could be done from fullerens structure nano-enhanced.

Ps. come visit us and build with us our stargate =D in Tech Division

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
                    in the ep they say that earth hooked them up with the Nox and they worked together. you are wrong.
                    Really? Do you have the exact quote? Because I do.

NARIM
                    Our destination is the new homeworld, Tollana.
                    CARTER
                    But we sent you to the Nox planet. There wasn't a Gate on Tollana.
                    NARIM
                    The Nox and the Tollan were able to devise a way to get us there.
                    O'NEILL
                    Of course you were.
                    DANIEL
                    Way smarter than we are.
                    VFX—SHOOTING THROUGH WORMHOLE
                    EXT—TOLLANA (DAY)
                    [SG-1 and NARIM step out of a Stargate. There are lawns and a few buildings around them.]
                    O'NEILL
                    Very nice.
                    CARTER
                    (to Narim)
                    So you built that…Stargate?
                    NARIM
                    Yes.
                    DANIEL
                    Way smarter than we are.
                    O'NEILL
                    Ours is bigger.
                    Now. Pray tell. They helped them get to Tollana. I see oh so much about building the Stargate. I love being wrong, don't you?

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    the nox helped the tollan. so probably, the nox gave the technology and the tollan filled it in with their own technology and components.
                    Probably isn't is.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

CARTER
                      But we sent you to the Nox planet. There wasn't a Gate on Tollana.
                      NARIM
                      The Nox and the Tollan were able to devise a way to get us there.
                      CARTER
                      (to Narim)
                      So you built that…Stargate?
                      important parts are bolded.

seeing the tollan-esque gate, i'd say we can draw a parallell with the Orbanian reactor and the Mark I generator. the nox told them how and the tollan made it with their tech

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        important parts are bolded.

seeing the tollan-esque gate, i'd say we can draw a parallell with the Orbanian reactor and the Mark I generator. the nox told them how and the tollan made it with their tech
                        Getting there, and supplying information on building Stargates is two different things. The Nox have space faring technology, or at least they should if they're going to act on a level with the Ancients and Asgard. The Tollan could have been ferried by that. But there is nothing suggesting that they had information given to them. In fact, Narim agrees and says "Yes, we built that Stargate." Nothing about the Nox in that.

sigpic

Comment

honesty, judging by how far earth has come technologically in the last 200 years alone, as long as were able to get past the uncertain future and find alternative energy sources than fossil fuels and stop global warming i think that it would be possible someday because can you imagine what kind of technology the human race will have invented in like 1000 years. i mean carter said that since the tollan didint have the dark ages like we did they were 700 years more advanced than us and i dont think that that would be too far of a reach so i think it would be totally possible in a couple thousand years, if we survive as a race for that long, to build a stargate. who knows, maybe we'll have hyperdrives by that time too.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                            Getting there, and supplying information on building Stargates is two different things. The Nox have space faring technology, or at least they should if they're going to act on a level with the Ancients and Asgard. The Tollan could have been ferried by that. But there is nothing suggesting that they had information given to them. In fact, Narim agrees and says "Yes, we built that Stargate." Nothing about the Nox in that.
                            perhaps he just meant that the tollan physically built the stargate, not that they did so without info from the nox, although thats possible, however i think that the nox helped them because if the tollan had the technology to build a gate then they wouldnt have contacted the nox for help but just called the tollan world and told them to build a gate so they could come.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              honesty, judging by how far earth has come technologically in the last 200 years alone, as long as were able to get past the uncertain future and find alternative energy sources than fossil fuels and stop global warming i think that it would be possible someday because can you imagine what kind of technology the human race will have invented in like 1000 years. i mean carter said that since the tollan didint have the dark ages like we did they were 700 years more advanced than us and i dont think that that would be too far of a reach so i think it would be totally possible in a couple thousand years, if we survive as a race for that long, to build a stargate. who knows, maybe we'll have hyperdrives by that time too.
                              Happy 1500 post.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X