P.E. Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.E. Kits

As I understand it, the resources aboard Destiny (be they there originally or salvaged from Icarus Base) has left people eating powdered protein meals, rationed wate and the clothes on their back.

Can someone explain to me where they got 80 identical P.E. Kits and pairs of trainers in various sizes?

I was wondering the same thing.

Actually, it was during the desert ep. when I first went 'So they're stuck with a single pair of clothes, and yet they can rustle up full off world uniforms in the correct sizes for the civilians?'.
    That seemed a little far fetched to me, but the P.E. wear just completely jarred Life for me.

It is possible that clothing was part of the supplies taken through, but they really should have worked that into the show earlier of less subtly.

Comment

expedition supplies

Comment

what they need to do is have rush & co find some sort of 'matter replicator/recycler' that says 'well, if we 'turn in' our old clothes the recycler will use them as raw material to remake them into a change of clothes

presto, chango explanations of changes of clothes
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i garantee that everyone who was going had those changes of clothes in there packs and most of those packs were put through the gate.

Comment

and there is a very real reason we've never been given a canon listing of all they brought through...for the same reason that the SGA folks never - canonly - explored the whole city...to keep the writers' options open and to explain supplies that are found
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That doesn't bother me that much. What it bothers me is that despite the fact they don't have enough food for everyone they all are forced to train so hard. I'm sure that the best soldiers are barfing, overtrained, constantly hungry fellas. Or were those models, I'm not quite sure ...
              "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
                That doesn't bother me that much. What it bothers me is that despite the fact they don't have enough food for everyone they all are forced to train so hard. I'm sure that the best soldiers are barfing, overtrained, constantly hungry fellas. Or were those models, I'm not quite sure ...
                Err they do have enough food, its just its incredibly boring paste that tastes disgusting, day in, day out.

Comment

The idea of a machine not unlike the replicator in 'Star Trek' just seems a bit of a cop out idea.

Also, I presumed the gear they wore on the desert planet were borrowed off other crewmembers staying on Destiny who didn't need it for the time being. Whilst they were away on Tatooine (c'mon, you know that's what Eli would have called it ) there were probably a few people onboard Destiny wearing their boxers and briefs and going barefoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    and there is a very real reason we've never been given a canon listing of all they brought through...for the same reason that the SGA folks never - canonly - explored the whole city...to keep the writers' options open and to explain supplies that are found
                    In SGA Most of the city was flooded and dangerous. No one knew what the ancients had left behind. When the show ended all was explored even the flooded areas as we are made to believe. But indeed during the show it was a bit of a blur sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      expedition supplies
                      ..You're joking, right?

So they don't have decent food, any really useful equipment or medical supplies but they remember to bring clothes to work out in?

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
                        ..You're joking, right?

So they don't have decent food, any really useful equipment or medical supplies but they remember to bring clothes to work out in?
                        Well they were in a rush so they just chuck what they could through.

An they do have useful medical supplies just limited amount an no chance of a resupply any time soon. An they have been shown to have plenty of useful equipment like plasma cutters, an laptops an tablet PCs but again do not have enough.

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
                          I'm sure that the best soldiers are barfing, overtrained, constantly hungry fellas.
                          The people having issues are the doughy scientists who need to be trained to survive. It isn't over-training, it is like tearing down a dilapidated house to build a brand new dream home.

Also, many of the PE kits looked ill-fitting.

Comment

Standard uniforms and clothing like that was probably part of the expedition supplies which they brought with them. They didn't choose what got taken and what didn't, so they probably ended up with a lot of mundane things (changes of military-based clothing) and not much of what would be really useful (naquadah generators).
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I justify this quite simply.

Someone was cataloguing the supplies they managed to bring with them.

Said someone found a box marked "Physical Training Kit".

Said someone mentioned this to Young who thought (and I quote) "hmm".

Consequently because the supplies were discovered, PT commenced.

Thus there is no concern of "isnt it convenient they had that uniform".

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X