P.E. Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Tell that to the yank troops who like to swap kit of theirs with us in return for some of our surplus rations.
    And saying "yank" is a bit rude.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      It is? I always thought of it in the same vein as "Canuck" or "Brit" neither of which I've ever been opposed to being addressed as.

Comment

What its slang for Americans. I could call you spam’s which is actual British Army slang for Americans, but then you wouldn’t know what I’m on about.

Comment

What its slang for Americans. I could call you spam’s which is actual British Army slang for Americans, but then you wouldn’t know what I’m on about.
          I'm aware...but by some "yank" is preceived as derogatory.
          sigpic

Comment

I just find it kinda hilarious that "yank" is slang for Americans, considering so many people still fly Confederate flags etc...

Comment

I'm aware...but by some "yank" is preceived as derogatory.
              OK since you don’t know what I mean I’ll use army slang instead. Good luck understanding wnat we mean when we call you septics.

Comment

Edible if a bit samey. Suffice to say the gag reflex does not kick in when you eat them.
                I'd say they're more than edible.

Have you had the new ones?

Heck - even the veggie Ration packs are good. Quorn Burgers and beans. Amazing!

The pasta meals are fantastic, I've yet to try the Chicken Tikka Masala meal but I've heard fantastic things.

The lunchs have improved as well, you can actually get a can of tuna instead of the old cat food, and of course, who could forget the good old Yorkie (it's not for Civvies) chocolate bar!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  I'd say they're more than edible.

Have you had the new ones?

Heck - even the veggie Ration packs are good. Quorn Burgers and beans. Amazing!

The pasta meals are fantastic, I've yet to try the Chicken Tikka Masala meal but I've heard fantastic things.

The lunchs have improved as well, you can actually get a can of tuna instead of the old cat food, and of course, who could forget the good old Yorkie (it's not for Civvies) chocolate bar!
                  I know, at least out in the field the rations taste delicious. But then British Army food actually has a tendency to be quite good.

Comment

And then there's us in the British army, laughing at the yanks because we saw fit to make our ration packs edible and vaguely reminiscent of real food, unlike MRE’s.
                    then they must have changed since my pre-Y2K stocking days....the Beef stew MRE14 and the chicken Alfredo MRE22 and the vegetarian chili MRE09 were all awesome, I ate them for lunch for 18 mos to get rid of my excess surplus.

dammit, now I am craving a Beef stew MRE and fritos. Damn you M6P!

I just find it kinda hilarious that "yank" is slang for Americans, considering so many people still fly Confederate flags etc...
                    because it was the original slang for the rebel Americans. The first battles of the American revolution were all fought in the northeastern US. Besides, there is already a separate slang for people who fly confederate flags- we call them rednecks.

Comment

Working...
                    X