• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened last week?

i thought chloe was dead o.0?

that was an ALTERNATE time line, not our one

Comment

nothing in Time really happened in this timeline. Nothing we saw in the screen exists as anything but a story for them. what they likely did was find the kinos, get the critters during hte day, fixed the water and all is well

and, with my mod hat on, folks, when you make threads, try to give them titles that make sense and tell people what the thread is about. Just calling this thread 'what' tells people nothing about it and makes it more likely that it'll just get merged into something else or shut down.

I have people mad at the mods for merging threads, and we'll try not to, but you need to do your part as well and make your thread titles make sense. If you choose not to do that,, fine, but I don't want to see anyone upset when their vaguely titled thread gets merged
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it was confusing, you see them die, and scott send that kino trough and the episode stops, and the next episode all is well and no mentions about the water at all.

Comment

If you want a nice closure for last week's episode, that will explain everything nicely - just watch Kino episode #17 - where Eli and Scott explain everything.
          sigpic

Comment

it was obvious what was gonna happen. the 3rd timeline would find two kino's, watch what is on them. one with full databanks, the other with barely filled databanks. so they watch the non-filled one, see the message of Scott, and they go off in daytime, go to the nest, capture or kill some critters, and then go back with the venom. TJ dilutes some of the venom and titrates it on some human infected blood. that way she finds out the dosage needed, and she can inject it to everyone, and everyone is saved

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
              If you want a nice closure for last week's episode, that will explain everything nicely - just watch Kino episode #17 - where Eli and Scott explain everything.
              I think you mean #18 "A New Kind of Crazy"

It actually contains a HUGE plot hole. The Kino containing the video footage of Chloe dying should not have crossed over into the new (current) time line.
              How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

• timeline 1 destiny crew goes to planet and dies and leaves a kino

• timeline 2 destiny crew finds kino and watches themselves die one by one. and realizes that there's something in the water their found a couple eps back. scott leaves kino explaing the whole issue. and how to fix it

• timeline 3 team finds kino and now knows that the planet is dangerous and how to solve the issue with the water. and no one is dead.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                  I think you mean #18 "A New Kind of Crazy"

It actually contains a HUGE plot hole. The Kino containing the video footage of Chloe dying should not have crossed over into the new (current) time line.
                  That doesn't have to be a plot hole - for all we know, Scott sent the Kino a bit later in time then the original Kino found on that planet - so the original Kino was already there when the new Kino Scott sent arrived, and the altered timeline did not effect it's existence.

As I show in this wonderfully drawn schematics:
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay thanks guys, i'll check out those kino episodes asap

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                      That doesn't have to be a plot hole - for all we know, Scott sent the Kino a bit later in time then the original Kino found on that planet - so the original Kino was already there when the new Kino Scott sent arrived, and the altered timeline did not effect it's existence.

As I show in this wonderfully drawn schematics:

The solar flare is a fixed event. It will happen at the same time in each time line. For the wormhole to interact with the flare an be sent back to a that point in time it would have to also be exact. This is why Scott checks his watch. Otherwise the exit time period of the new wormhole would be random.

I did finally figure it out though. If the wormhole is open at the same time in each time line the wormholes would loop back to the exact point in each one. This would also mean that they would intersect, but that's not really vital. Both Kinos would essentially arrive at the same point in time at roughly the same time. The wormholes would be established at the same time but it depends on how long until Scott threw it through.
                      Last edited by aarlin81; 22 November 2009, 03:07 PM.
                      How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

There's no way of knowing whether the flare was a single event that caused the wormhole to jump back in time or whether it was more of a fluctuation.

And actually, Chloe is a ghost. It's all part of the setup for the upcoming Ghost Hunters crossover that's planned to inject some of the GH's high ratings into SGU.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                          The solar flare is a fixed event. It will happen at the same time in each time line. For the wormhole to interact with the flare an be sent back to a that point in time it would have to also be exact. This is why Scott checks his watch. Otherwise the exit time period of the new wormhole would be random.
                          Firstly, the two Kinos were sent back at different times: the one Scott deliberately sent back in time ("Save yourselves," etc.) was sent back almost as soon as the solar flare began, whereas the other one was sent back many hours after the solar flare began.

Furthermore, it would seem that the solar flare was sending things X hours back in time: when the "first" Kino was sent back, it found Rush's body already lying there. (Note that X is probably on the order of thousands of hours)

However, it was already established in Continuum that objects in a wormhole are shielded against changes in the timeline, so it is not an unreasonable assumption to say that the Kino was protected.
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Last week, 'Time' ended with Lieutenant Scott desparately sending a message via a Kino back in time in the hope the crew's past selves somehow receive it and correct what his team failed to do in time to save everyone who are dying from a mysterious illness they contracted through the water the've been drinking. All of this whilst under attack by some killer-bugs or whatever they were - which ironically held the key to their salvation. Cassic Stargate? YES! Brilliant Cliffhanger? YES! Guarantee I tuned in this week? ABSOLUTELY!

Just what did the next episode 'Life' begin with? Everybody is fine and well, no mention of the illness in the water and most annoyingly - there was no Bloody Resolution to what happened!!! I've never been more PO'ed in my life!

Before I continue and you all point this out to me, I just wanna say I'm well aware that there is a 3-minute 'Kino Webisode' that explains what happened and also that it would have been sort of obvious how the episode would have gone...the Kino being picked up on the planet when they made their way there for the third time and them following the instructions it carried to the letter (maybe even messing it up again and having to send ANOTHER one, who knows?). Still I honestly believe that would have made a VERY good episode and a very exciting two-parter...potentially being one of the better ones they have ever done. As it stands now it makes sod all sense whatsoever, almost as if there is an episode missing!

The Kino episodes are a good little addition to the series I agree but they should only be 'add-ons' to the episodes, not vital to the storyline - as it is at the moment, we HAVE to watch them if we are to understand what the hell is going on and that just.....SUCKS!!! A very exciting cliffhanger got a crappy 3-minute explaination as to what happened (which we didn't even see) as opposed to what it really deserved which was at the very, very least a visual resolution on the Main Episodes!

This has got me and everyone I know who watches this series very wound up and confused and I'm sure we're not the only ones!
                            Last edited by Nova69; 25 November 2009, 03:16 PM.
                            Check out my Stargate Fan-Fic:
                            STARGATE : REGENESIS

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71632
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X