naturally occuring naquadria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naturally occuring naquadria

WOOOOOO see i told you guys the core of icarus was naquadria and i got shouted down by some, i said in previous threads that naquadria was found by the ancients and then they found a way to reproduce it, and hat the ascended anubis found out how to from them, now the fact that a planet with natural naquadria exists goes a long way to giving that point some validity

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
    WOOOOOO see i told you guys the core of icarus was naquadria and i got shouted down by some, i said in previous threads that naquadria was found by the ancients and then they found a way to reproduce it, and hat the ascended anubis found out how to from them, now the fact that a planet with natural naquadria exists goes a long way to giving that point some validity
    Okay. Good for you - here's a trophy!

And some of us have known it's been Naquadria since a web video following the premiere episode - one of the Daniel Jackson vids have him tell the audience the Icarus planet has a core of Naquadria.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Okay. Good for you - here's a trophy!

And some of us have known it's been Naquadria since a web video following the premiere episode - one of the Daniel Jackson vids have him tell the audience the Icarus planet has a core of Naquadria.
      i very much hope its a big trophey... i didnt see the part with the "hi my name is dr daniel jackson" videos, and come to think of it i still got shouted down after those so aparently a lot of ppl wernt taking a lot of notice. so insted or a really bad attempt as carcasm how about a well done you spotted it. or maybe nothing at all. the forum is for sharing ideas, and feedback on the shows both pos and neg. not for wanna be funny men

Comment

oh great, you're a genious.

radioactive energetic material. doesnt that SHOUT naquahdriah? since uranium doesnt occur enough?

anyway, it's possible sufficient neutron or radioactive bombardment on a planet makes it naturally occuring. half life and volatility make it superultramega rare. but it was never impossible

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          oh great, you're a genious.

radioactive energetic material. doesnt that SHOUT naquahdriah? since uranium doesnt occur enough?

anyway, it's possible sufficient neutron or radioactive bombardment on a planet makes it naturally occuring. half life and volatility make it superultramega rare. but it was never impossible
          wouldnt that kind of dombardment need either a very odd form of cosmis radiation, or close proximity to a pulsar or similar?

Comment

Rush lied about the whole thing. Until proven otherwise, I still stick by Jonas' comments that Naquardira is artificial.

Comment

^^

That seems to be a silly stance, since they basically established that the Icharus planet has naturally occurring naquadria.

Comment

Uhm, what's the subject of this thread? I don't understand what you are asking or wanting to discuss? The fact that Naquadriah is actually naturally occurring?

As far as I was aware Naquadriah is not something that naturally occurs, but can be created somehow though.

As for the fact that the Icarus base planet has a Naquadriah core, that has been pretty much established cannon for a long while now.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

wouldnt that kind of dombardment need either a very odd form of cosmis radiation, or close proximity to a pulsar or similar?
                  ok. update here. every second, a trillion particles penetrate your body, and the entire planet. they're called neutrino's. and they barely interact.

then, a few million particles hit you every second. they're called photons.

lastly, there are charged particles like protons coming down, but most of them are stopped by the magnet field.

if the star is a second generation star, perhaps even a third generation one, and the planet is one of the few planets, and has had a lot of neutron bombardment, and the core is filled with uranium, (which later on fused to become Naquahdah), and even later on, the naquahdah underwent an exotic particle bombardment to change to Naquahdriah, then this entire sum combined means it has natural Naquahdriah.

the odds are extreme, but if in 14 years of exploration, we only just found ONE planet with naquahdriah, then it is clear that it's possible and rare.

besides, naquahdah is supposed to be rare, however the ancients terraformed most naquahdah rich planets to habitable ones and planet gates, thus making the accessible naquahdah common. naquahdriah would create mutations and would be very lethal. Icarus had a shield, and i wont be impressed if it was in place to shield from the radiation.

anyway, naquahdah already requires exotic particles or forces to even exist. a material that heavy would instantly decay. so, apparently there are new forces at work.

the exotic particles that convert it to naquahdriah would be strange too (perhaps kiron radiation?) they've never been discovered by us.

so, the probability is extremely low. but that still means it's possible.

also, jonas saying it's artificial isnt that strange either. i mean, it's superheavy and radioactive. if you know the halve time, then yes, it shouldn't be natural. many elements we know are artificial, simply because they have already decayed. the fact that icarus still has some, means that it isnt that old.

Comment

Part of me hopes that there IS a planet like that out there, and rush knows it.

Comment

As far as I was aware Naquadriah is not something that naturally occurs, but can be created somehow though.

As for the fact that the Icarus base planet has a Naquadriah core, that has been pretty much established cannon for a long while now.
                      Thanos created the naquadria artificially, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible that a natural chain of events might not have the same effect. The fact that they've only found it on one planet other than Kelowna would seem to indicate that, if it did occur naturally on the planet where Icarus base was located, those circumstances would be a very rare combination of events. At the same time, they don't actually know how the naquadria core occured. It's possible that it was artificial, too. It's possible that either Thanos was doing experiments on more than one planet, or someone else was. There's no way too tell.

I'm sorry that Rush was lying. A glimmer of hope and a clear direction for the crew would have been a welcome change and led to plots about efforts to achieve something instead of all the hopeless flailing.

Comment

Well, I thought JM said on his blog that Icarus did not have naturally occurring Naquadriah, but that it was created by us.

Comment

Well, I thought JM said on his blog that Icarus did not have naturally occurring Naquadriah, but that it was created by us.
                          He might have, but that isn't the impression that the Daniel Jackson video gave. While some argument could be made as to the canon nature of those videos, as they were the videos that were shown to Eli onscreen, comments in the blog can't be considered canon, but rather one man's opinion. An opinion by someone involved with the series, yes, but just an opinion unless it's stated onscreen. Otherwise, it can change anytime to suit convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            He might have, but that isn't the impression that the Daniel Jackson video gave. While some argument could be made as to the canon nature of those videos, as they were the videos that were shown to Eli onscreen, comments in the blog can't be considered canon, but rather one man's opinion. An opinion by someone involved with the series, yes, but just an opinion unless it's stated onscreen. Otherwise, it can change anytime to suit convenience.
                            Well I consider those videos, just like the other videos, as for example the Kinos, to be cannon. So what did Daniel say actually that makes you think that? Also could you maybe provide a link as it could be that I'm confusing or not remembering something.

Thanks!

Comment

Well I consider those videos, just like the other videos, as for example the Kinos, to be cannon. So what did Daniel say actually that makes you think that? Also could you maybe provide a link as it could be that I'm confusing or not remembering something.
                              He said Icarus based was established on a planet discovered two years ago to have a uniquely powerful core of naquadria, not that they'd created it. It's in the 'Daniel Jacson on the Stargate' video:
                              http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content...977/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X