Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would General O'Neill do after ...(spoiler & spec)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
    He was in shock! And whether or not he was OK with it, it's still rape. In fact, I'm hoping there's a reason that at the beginning of the episode Eli said something like "I wonder what they're doing with our bodies" and the camera panned to his face. (With Camille and her wife, I wasn't sure if they had sex, or if they made-out...I'm hoping it's the latter because I like Wray so far, and don't want to think of her as a rapist).
    And if you think about it.. its cheating! They Slept/Made out with another person sure it was their concious but still you can get dump because the other person could've looked better then you.. But i guess its love... or lies that will keep those people together

Comment

I don't even see why this is a thread. As long as Young remains on the Destiny, the US military can't do jack-squat to Young.

First off, they have no idea who it was that hit Telford for sure. They might be able to speculate, but that's it.

Second, they have only the word of the person who is using the stones that it is them. Without completely discontinuing stone usage, there is no guarantee that there are no problems like what happened with Young pretending to be Volker. I think that's a likely solution to this if it continues to happen. O'Neill will only allow one visit a day for reporting purposes only. Personal visits will be no more.

Essentially, the Destiny is its own sovereign nation right now, operating under its own rules and 'codes of conduct'. And personally, I think they'll have "LOST" syndrome where
      Spoiler:
      they just will no longer fit in with normal life, and they go back to the Destiny because it was simpler.

^Just possible minor spoiler for LOST if you haven't seen this particular part of the series. Thought I'd spoiler tag it just in case...

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

It's a thread because Jack O'Neill is the awesome!

Also, I'd like to point out, that that's not really just LOST syndrome, it's something that many soldier's have trouble with after spending time at war. I think there are some treatment options, but unfortunately, the US doesn't treat their Vetrans with the respect they deserve (specifically in terms of healthcare).

Comment

Maybe they can't PROVE that it was Young who knocked Telford around, but then, we aren't talking about proving things in court here. It's pretty obvious it was Young who did it.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
            It's a thread because Jack O'Neill is the awesome!

Also, I'd like to point out, that that's not really just LOST syndrome, it's something that many soldier's have trouble with after spending time at war. I think there are some treatment options, but unfortunately, the US doesn't treat their Vetrans with the respect they deserve (specifically in terms of healthcare).
            Ok, I stand corrected. I don't know a whole lot about that sort of stuff, but wouldn't army vets not fit in here, and they wouldn't want to go back? My point was that they wouldn't fit in, AND they would want to go back because they liked it. Maybe a somewhat subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Ok, I stand corrected. I don't know a whole lot about that sort of stuff, but wouldn't army vets not fit in here, and they wouldn't want to go back? My point was that they wouldn't fit in, AND they would want to go back because they liked it. Maybe a somewhat subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Oh yes, I understand the difference. Of course, in LOST they had to go back because of the people they stranded, it might be different for SGU. We're not that far in SGU yet, but it would be interesting to see if the military and non-military personnel react differently once they're back home.

Comment

at the very least (given the situation) He'll get a warning the sgc cant afford to lose young right know the situations too dire.
                I Have my M249, My 9mm, my body armor, and a whole Infantry Battalion on my FOB (and more) Im ready to kick some a**, in the Korengal valley of kunar province Afghanistan!....... bring it on Mr. Taliban

Comment

Working...
                X