This week's LRC stones discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    i think the people who let their bodies get taken over allow there bodies to be used without discretion, meaning they allow there bodies to be used and are not or do not want to be told what happens

But what if by allowing that they contract an STD?
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      i think the people who let their bodies get taken over allow there bodies to be used without discretion, meaning they allow there bodies to be used and are not or do not want to be told what happens
      I think not because Telford was really surprised at the moment they jumped out of FTL.
      The cake is a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
        I think not because Telford was really surprised at the moment they jumped out of FTL.
        The only issue with the Telford incident was that Young was being relieved of Duty for Telford AND Telford was following a course of action that might very well get the man killed. Kind of hard to tell the guy to not make some sweet lovin to his wife when you are the one Hijacking his body and threatening his life and lives of those he commands.

I know its a " 2 wrongs don't make a right" but 4 lefts sure as hell do!

Comment

I think you're be surprised whether you agreed to it or not, one minute being stood up talking to Scott and the next minute plowing someone else's wife would disorientate anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            I think you're be surprised whether you agreed to it or not, one minute being stood up talking to Scott and the next minute plowing someone else's wife would disorientate anyone.
            So much that later he would go to his wife personally? I don't think so

Another issue I find when using those stones that they are giving NDA for everyone! Even though Stargate program expanded a lot but full secrecy is still here! Sam wasn't allowed to tell her father about Stargate program, and he was high rank military officer.... And if you look now, they just telling that to everyone...
            The cake is a lie...

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=stones
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=stones

fksake...
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

So much that later he would go to his wife personally? I don't think so

Another issue I find when using those stones that they are giving NDA for everyone! Even though Stargate program expanded a lot but full secrecy is still here! Sam wasn't allowed to tell her father about Stargate program, and he was high rank military officer.... And if you look now, they just telling that to everyone...
                Um, what has that got to do with anything? He went there to screw Young over, it was revenge, but not because he used his body to have sex with his wife, he hated Young already.

Comment

Here's something a lot of people aren't bothering to consider in this whole thing. What if the people back on Earth give consent for the people who come back to do what ever they want? If they are consenting to let that person do anything (short of illegal activities or something like that), there is no issue at all.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    Here's something a lot of people aren't bothering to consider in this whole thing. What if the people back on Earth give consent for the people who come back to do what ever they want? If they are consenting to let that person do anything (short of illegal activities or something like that), there is no issue at all.
                    That's how I saw it.

And as for the issue of STD's - come on, they have protection against this stuff. I'm sure Young was gracious enough to protect himself while in Telford's body.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Not just the sex, but even getting drunk or getting into a fight with another person body. Its strange the show haven't tackle this subject already as its about the only real sci-fi aspects relating to the stones use. Otherwise they are only a plot device to generate soap opera drama on earth.

Worse they don't even deal with the stones in a soap opera way: "I'm sorry Wray but I can't sleep with you looking like this". "It's me, you know its me, I love you" "I'm sorry, I can't do it, its like cheating. Its ok to talk, but I'll sleep on the couch tonight""ok baby ok, *I* will sleep on the couch, *I'm* the visitor here. Its so great to be with you".

Now they serve the dumb viewers with stones switchee that looks exactly like their Destiny counterpart, while people actually see another person.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                        Not just the sex, but even getting drunk or getting into a fight with another person body. Its strange the show haven't tackle this subject already as its about the only real sci-fi aspects relating to the stones use. Otherwise they are only a plot device to generate soap opera drama on earth.

Worse they don't even deal with the stones in a soap opera way: "I'm sorry Wray but I can't sleep with you looking like this". "It's me, you know its me, I love you" "I'm sorry, I can't do it, its like cheating. Its ok to talk, but I'll sleep on the couch tonight""ok baby ok, *I* will sleep on the couch, *I'm* the visitor here. Its so great to be with you".

Now they serve the dumb viewers with stones switchee that looks exactly like their Destiny counterpart, while people actually see another person.
                        I think the stones' use and problems with it is a slow burn thus far. First off, we get Telford's shocked reaction to switching to find himself mid-whammy with Young's wife. We see residual memories of Telford's hitting Scott, who looked kinda freaked out. Camille mentions to Sharon that everything's (Except the one) different in that body - in what you may call a soap opera way.

As for that last point, it wouldn't do much good to have an emotional scene in somebody else's body... and show that person's reaction (Maybe a complete stranger, to boot) and not the character we know and their reaction. Scott finding out he had a son would've just been weird if it was some other guy.

And that last point is kind of subverted at the end of Life, isn't it? Telford and the viewers first see a random airman beating the **** out of Telford, then it's revealed to be Young - again, knowing its him doesn't make for catering for less smarter viewers, but it was an obvious move to leave no mystery and tie up how Young deals with Telford in the end.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Rape is any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person; therefore I do think so. Now, if someone craves a conjugal visit back on Earth, I think they should have to get written permission from whomsoever is donating their body. I highly doubt that sex is part of the bargain, the deals for using the stones, I would assume that they probably hadn't thought that up yet regarding the rules.

And whether Telford's actions align with what one might think is rape, doesn't matter. His body was used for sex without his prior knowledge. I don't know if the writers will touch upon this issue, but I'm thinking and hoping they will. Spoilers for that episode:
                          Spoiler:
                          In that episode, after they switch bodies, Eli says something like, "I wonder what they're doing with out bodies" and the camera pans toward Young
                          so of course I don't know if they will use it, but I assume they will. Sexual violation is very serious, and I assume if there isn't proper protocol for this situation yet, we may see it develop over the course of the season/series.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                            Here's something a lot of people aren't bothering to consider in this whole thing. What if the people back on Earth give consent for the people who come back to do what ever they want?
                            It's been considered in the myriad of other threads on this same subject
                            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I thought he was surprised about the fact that the stones had cut out like that. Previously, no one knew that could happen since no other body swaps took place on a ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                                I thought he was surprised about the fact that the stones had cut out like that. Previously, no one knew that could happen since no other body swaps took place on a ship.
                                I don't think he would have been as surprised if Young's wife wasn't on top of him. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think there will be consequences to that, why else would they have had it happen while Young was in bed with his wife...at least I hope it's more than the useless triangle of blandness and boredom...

Comment

Working...
                                X