This week's LRC stones discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week's LRC stones discussion

We seem to be having one every week so I thought I'd open up this week's edition.

So now the stones are leaving residual memories from the host in the visitor's subconscious. That's very interesting. Do we suppose that's a natural outcome of using the stones, or an unintended result of Earth scientists modifying them? Perhaps even more interestingly--if this is a cumulative problem, will the LRC stones be 'decommissioned'?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I think its a side effect of overuse. The safeguards of separtaing consciousness is starting to detoriate
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm curious as to see what's next with these stones. There's a slow build-up going on, and I would hope that this build-up leads to something really bad happening with those stones - the technology itself and the people maybe abusing it - that leads to them being stored somewhere cold and dark.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

i loved ow young used to the stones to get to teleford at the end
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You know, I'd love to see Telford ending up insane because he can't differentiate between what's his memory and what's everyone else's.

Not because I hate him or anything; it'd just be a fascinating and terrifying concept to depict.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            We seem to be having one every week so I thought I'd open up this week's edition.

So now the stones are leaving residual memories from the host in the visitor's subconscious. That's very interesting. Do we suppose that's a natural outcome of using the stones, or an unintended result of Earth scientists modifying them? Perhaps even more interestingly--if this is a cumulative problem, will the LRC stones be 'decommissioned'?
            It was making me wonder why Scott was the only one who got those 'residual memories'. maybe he has the ATA gene and that is why>

I think its a side effect of overuse.
            In which case Young is the one more likely to get it sine he has used them more than anyone else on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              You know, I'd love to see Telford ending up insane because he can't differentiate between what's his memory and what's everyone else's.

Not because I hate him or anything; it'd just be a fascinating and terrifying concept to depict.
              and lou's a good enough acter to pull it off
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                and lou's a good enough acter to pull it off
                Definitely agreed, I'd love to see him start to forget who he is because he's getting too many residual memories in his head and really start to fracture his psyche.

I think the stones are being overused and too much strain put on them. The distance is greater than we've ever seen used before, over several galaxies.

It also makes me wonder, if the stones are somehow working in conjunction with "where" the user wants them to go, because there is no guarantee that they should always go to Earth?

Why don't we ever see any ex-Ori followers from the Ori Galaxy accidentally connect with them, since they had stones? Or from other Ancient worlds in the Milky Way or Pegasus?

Of course that'd bring far too much continuity into the equation, but still, the stones shouldn't ALL go to Earth?

On another note... doesn't one need the ATA gene to use a stone? In Citizen Joe it was activated that way, as Carter clearly explained? Unless thats now been retconned? Or its only needs to be activated, then it can be used by anyone...?

Comment

If the stones start becoming an enemy in and of themselves due to increasing problems with them, I'll probably take back my opinion on them and praise the writers. That's rather ingenious.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I think its a side effect of overuse.
                    maybe we just reverse engineered them wrong
                    "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                      Definitely agreed, I'd love to see him start to forget who he is because he's getting too many residual memories in his head and really start to fracture his psyche.

I think the stones are being overused and too much strain put on them. The distance is greater than we've ever seen used before, over several galaxies.

It also makes me wonder, if the stones are somehow working in conjunction with "where" the user wants them to go, because there is no guarantee that they should always go to Earth?

Why don't we ever see any ex-Ori followers from the Ori Galaxy accidentally connect with them, since they had stones? Or from other Ancient worlds in the Milky Way or Pegasus?

Of course that'd bring far too much continuity into the equation, but still, the stones shouldn't ALL go to Earth?

On another note... doesn't one need the ATA gene to use a stone? In Citizen Joe it was activated that way, as Carter clearly explained? Unless thats now been retconned? Or its only needs to be activated, then it can be used by anyone...?
                      Apparently they backwards-engineered the device that the stones use to transmit across intergalactic distances and made their own devices with their own settings and protocols. That pad that they put them on does look pretty Earth-made (unless I'm missing an episode somewhere?). And they are either also using the stones like a radio or they are sending people to Earth to let them know who's coming because so far they've been expecting certain people and have had the right gender waiting.

Comment

well the idea of consciousness transferral is crazy, but hey, if it's possible, then it's also possible to accidently mix a bit of consciousness. like how Scott got some of Telford's memory

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          i loved ow young used to the stones to get to teleford at the end
                          And I predicted this (that someone uses the stones to impersonate somebody)!

I like the flashbacks. My theory is that Telford is establishing some sort of permanent connection with the Destiny crew without the stones because he is clearly the one who used them most often.
                          To explain my theory: I think that the stones somehow change the quantuum state of the effected mind to represent the quantuum state of the mind that you want to switch to. Due to overuse Telford's mind isn't able to change back to his own mind completly, so he has a weak form of connection to the person he last changed with.

Comment

I seriously think whatever alien we encounter at the end of the season, they will recognize the significance of the stones and then destroy them.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              well the idea of consciousness transferral is crazy, but hey, if it's possible, then it's also possible to accidently mix a bit of consciousness. like how Scott got some of Telford's memory
                              This event would stop me from using them. The effect that people get sniplets of other people memories. Anyways the stones freak me out. I can handle a lot of things but not that.

Comment

Working...
                              X