Telford's behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRDTECH View Post
    Scott didn't lie and manipulate anyone, like Telford did to Young's wife by telling here Young and TJ were still together behind her back. The only possible motive I can think for Telford's behavior is what if TJ and Telford were a couple and TJ cheated on Telford with Young. And not Telford is exacting his revenge. I really hope that's not the case though....that would be just too much soap opera BS.
    I wondered about a TJ/Telford connection, she did know it was Telford in the body of Young, before he even said anything. It could also just be that Telford had feelings for her, or simplest that he just plain hates Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally View Post
      Young was picked by General O'Neil to be the SG team commander for the away mission trough the 9 chevron gate. He turned that opportunity down and became the Icarus base commander.
      Telford then became the SG away team commander, but due to the circumstances never got to go anywhere except back to earth, while Young "took his place" aboard the Destiny.
      Where was Telford when the Icarus attack/evacuation occurred? Was he on Earth?

Comment

Telford was on Icarus when the George Hammond arrived with their passengers. When the base was attacked, he was in a 302 defending the base, picked up by the Hammond and brought back to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally View Post
          Telford was on Icarus when the George Hammond arrived with their passengers. When the base was attacked, he was in a 302 defending the base, picked up by the Hammond and brought back to Earth.
          Thanks for the clarification. I didn't pay much attention to his character in the first episode. I remember thinking he didn't seem to have much of a role. I will have to watch the episode again.

Comment

Telford must really be an idiot. I mean I know he's not real or anything but if someone was that unlikable it would very unwise to mess with another commander's wife regardless of his marital history. The marital history is none of Telford's business. I know Young isn't exactly a knight in shining armour but I'm still hoping to see Telford on the receiving end of more abuse.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but, IMO, hearing about and seeing Telford getting beaten about is one of the greatest things. He deserves every bit of it. Even if he didn't sleep with Young's wife, he was trying to turn her against him.

Comment

Young probably acted without thinking. He probably didn't intentionally use Telford's body for technical rape. Telford most probably made up a malicious lie while pretending to be Young's wife's friend either just to make Young's life miserable or to get her to leave him so that he can horn in on her or possibly both. Because as far as we know, there's no possible way for him to know that Young and TJ are still sleeping together.

So while Telford's actions may not be illegal and seem less morally objective at first glance, when you look at the intentions behind the actions of the two, Telford is clearly the morally inferior one.
                Last edited by FallenAngelII; 24 November 2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                  What if Telford wanted Young to lose control and assault him? Maybe his visit to Emily was planned with the purpose of provoking a jealous reaction from him. Assaulting another office and lying that it was him instead of Volker when he changed bodies could certainly make Young look bad in the eyes of the Pentagon Brass. It could further tarnish their opinion of him and result in the loss of his earth visitation privileges. It certainly would be a double whammy to Young. Telford could claim he just spent time with her as a friend. Although, I think those in command may suspect his motives and not believe him. We will have to see if they go down this route or not.
                  That may be.. BUT we won't know till later on.
                  And how do you expect them to revoke his privileges to visit earth other than confining the body he in habits to quarters in the SGC?

Comment

Yeah I also got the feeling that Telford's actions were to provoke a reaction from Young to discredit his command. Visiting Young's wife was completely inappropriate, especially doing it over and over again (the visiting that is ). He's not even supposed to know about personal data like the wife's adress as he has neither the right nor the need to know...
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I think Telford and Young are equally wrong in this situation. While Young's wife is no Saint, I think both these men are using her. If Young actually loved his wife, then he would want her to move on, live her life...at least for now, since there's no real indication, when or if ever they'll be able to return home. While Telford's body was used in a horrible way, he should not be using Young's wife to get to Young, and honestly, how can Telford even think that he has the right to take command of the ship, he is not stranded on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                        I think Telford and Young are equally wrong in this situation. While Young's wife is no Saint, I think both these men are using her. If Young actually loved his wife, then he would want her to move on, live her life...at least for now, since there's no real indication, when or if ever they'll be able to return home. While Telford's body was used in a horrible way, he should not be using Young's wife to get to Young, and honestly, how can Telford even think that he has the right to take command of the ship, he is not stranded on the ship.
                        You make an interesting point about Young and his wife, whether he should nobly walk away and allow her to move on. IMO, I don't think the right thing to do is all that clear. Obviously Young really loves his wife and wants to stay with her. He regrets his affair and wants very much to make amends and try to fix things up with her. I think he has the right to try. It probably comes down to how much she loves him. After a time if she does decide to move on, then he should respect her decision and let her go.

Comment

I think that the bad blood between Telford and Young probably started a long time before , and now it's a bitter battle and Young's wife is caught in the middle of two ten year olds.
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                            This is going to be an ongoing thing between untill one of them is dead I agree.
                            Haha, death is the only option?

Young's actions in my opinion are completely acceptable. Except, of course, that he continues to care for a wife who is either too naive or too much of a flirt to realise she is being played.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                              You make an interesting point about Young and his wife, whether he should nobly walk away and allow her to move on. IMO, I don't think the right thing to do is all that clear. Obviously Young really loves his wife and wants to stay with her. He regrets his affair and wants very much to make amends and try to fix things up with her. I think he has the right to try. It probably comes down to how much she loves him. After a time if she does decide to move on, then he should respect her decision and let her go.
                              I don't think it's so obvious that Young loves his wife, to be honest. There's a difference, I think, between loving one's spouse, and loving the idea of having a spouse. Young's "love" seems totally selfish to me, I think I'd be more sympathetic if he would give her a bit more space, even if he doesn't walk away...if he were a bit more understanding, and I haven't seen that at all. IMO, based on what we've seen so far it's all about Young, for Young. I find it to be selfish and manipulative love. And btw, just because Emily got into bed with Young (while in Telford's body) it doesn't mean they've reconciled, that she's forgiven Young. Many spouses who have been cheated on (especially women) have a hard time letting go of the emotional connection they have to a spouse, and the spouse who did the cheating is able to manipulate the situation to get their spouses into bed.

Btw, I wanted to state that I'm not simply sympathetic to Emily because she's the woman, if Telford and Young were women, and Emily was a man...I'd feel the same way.

Comment

I definately get your point about "loving the idea of having a wife" however there's more evidence that Telford was lying to Emily about Young and TJ's affair continuing than there is that Young is abusing Emily - hell people here have even argued that Emily is abusing Young by insisting that he should have quit the military for her.

At the moment I'm giving both Young and Emily the benefit of the doubt.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X