so they can't handle staying on a ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    I'll say that it's realistic they're not coping, but doesn't the SGC put these people through some kind of survival training and psych prep before shipping them off across the galaxies?
    Training is all well and good, but there is no way they could fully recreate any of the bad situations they might find themselves in in a training situation.

Plus, even the toughest nuts will crack, eventually.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      Training is all well and good, but there is no way they could fully recreate any of the bad situations they might find themselves in in a training situation.

Plus, even the toughest nuts will crack, eventually.
      Tell that to the Ghurkha’s. They are the most unflappable human beings on the planet. Mind everyone else, they’ve got a breaking point just not the Ghurkhas.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
        The problem with half the people, mostly the civilian scientists, is that they werent meant to travel offworld to the Destiny. I got the impression that most if not all of the survivors were actual Icarus Base personel, not the chosen Destiny expedition team. So some people are snapping, Spencer cause he's off his meds, obviously. Others like Chloe who were there for a short visit (She's standing up amazingly well actually).
        This.

But, it makes me wonder why the actual expedition team didn't seem to be on Icarus other than Telford and Rush, who may have going to be fired anyway. As well as the constant litany of 'These are the wrong people', it would be nice if there was a reference to where the 'right people' happened to be. Were they training elsewhere while all the scientific geek stuff was going on or what?

I get the impression that the guy who was shot (Volker?) wasn't mean to go offworld and WAS meant to return to earth rather shortly after the Hammond arrived. Something in his attitude suggests he was already on his way out when **** hit the fan. TJ was in a similar situation but she's military, so she's used to crap like this. (STOP LOSS)
        Franklin?

Comment

We know that a lot of the military were fighting the Lucian Alliance at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
            This.

But, it makes me wonder why the actual expedition team didn't seem to be on Icarus other than Telford and Rush, who may have going to be fired anyway. As well as the constant litany of 'These are the wrong people', it would be nice if there was a reference to where the 'right people' happened to be. Were they training elsewhere while all the scientific geek stuff was going on or what?
            The military people were outside on the gun positions defending against the attack. The only reason Young and Greer went back inside was because their position was destroyed. Scott was evacuating the Senator to the Gate room, TJ helping the injured inside the base and James seemed to be in charge of the guards in the Gateroom. That accounts for the main officers on the Destiny, the expedition personnel were as I say fighting outside and were either killed or beamed out by the Destiny because they were outside the base. I think Sam even makes mention in the pilot that they evacuated all the personnel fighting outside of the base.

Comment

Working...
            X