The Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chair

Any speculation as to what role it will play?

Also, what would happen it someone used it while body swapping back on Earth? Would the effects manifest in the Earth body or the body on Destiny?

My first reaction was that it was a predecessor to the Ancient Control Chairs, rather than the repositories.

Judging from what happened/was said in this episode though, I'm thinking that at some point Rush and Greer will agree to put him (Greer) in the chair. Whether that results in Greer dying or not, I'm not prepared to speculate just yet.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Honestly,

I have a feeling this chair will play a major role later on. While the chair might seem to be one thing, like most ancient tech it might actually do quite a bit more then what people originally believe it was designed for. Like the one that Daniel found in Merlin's lab, the fact it has a control interface might mean that you can actually selective pick and choose what you want to have added to your memory.

I have a feeling this plot device is going to get alot of attention in the future.

- CB
      Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
      Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        My first reaction was that it was a predecessor to the Ancient Control Chairs, rather than the repositories.
        Agreed. It looked like an incredibly crude version of the control chair. I'm thinking that sitting in the chair will unlock and control the primary systems- they just found the bridge of the ship.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I especially liked the chair's look - a cross between the Ancient style we know and love, and something out of a Saw movie.

I'm not a betting man, but I have a sure thing that says the chair will come into play later on.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
            Agreed. It looked like an incredibly crude version of the control chair. I'm thinking that sitting in the chair will unlock and control the primary systems- they just found the bridge of the ship.
            That could be.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well here's a thought (WILD SPECULATION AHOY!):

Suppose it is like a repository and a control chair all in one. Except, once you're out of the chair you don't remember any of the Ancient knowledge?

That'd be kind of neat, and give the actors a chance to flex their acting chops as 'different' characters than their usual selves.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It def looks like a control chair. Control power flow, ship, navigation everything else. IF the Destiny predates Antlantis and the MW gates, would there really be much of a repository anyway. Regardless they would need some type of way to control the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  I especially liked the chair's look - a cross between the Ancient style we know and love, and something out of a Saw movie.
                  I thought it looked like one of those chairs from the Matrix a little.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

i have a feeling that greer will be the one who operates it
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      Maybe if Rush thought about what he said and didn't immediately say it was a repository, someone would have sat on it and used it. It would have fit the Rush style of looking out for number one more than begging for someone else to use it after knowing what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i have a feeling that greer will be the one who operates it
                        And dies......*heres hoping*

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          And dies......*heres hoping*
                          Here's hoping Chloe dies, and stays dead like the alternate timeline Chloe. At least it will clear Eli's head (after the shock of losing his dream girl subsides).

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                            Here's hoping Chloe dies, and stays dead like the alternate timeline Chloe. At least it will clear Eli's head (after the shock of losing his dream girl subsides).
                            I hope not I like her.

Comment

Greer is awesome, might just be my favourite character. I sure hope the chair doesn't kill him

Comment

Working...
                              X