SGU DVD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU DVD question

So I read in the GW news a while ago about how they are going to be selling the first and second halves of S1 in separate sets, but I don't remember reading whether or not they would be eventually selling a set of the entire season. Anybody heard anything about this?

Perfecto!

There hasn't been any word yet. One would hope they will eventually release the whole season together, but they may go the BSG route and not (which would piss me off, and seriously affect whether I bother buying it).
    "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
    "Who doesn't?"

Comment

I'm hoping for a Blu-ray release, personally.

But only if it's a full season. No bloody way am I paying full season prices for half a season.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There have been rumors of releasing the season in halves, and GateWorld has posted an article or two about those rumors in the past. Personally, I never, ever purchase seasons in such a manner, so for me that just means they won't be getting my money until the complete series, assuming I like the show enough at that point to merit a loftier purchase like that.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Yeah I will not waste my time with the half-seasons. If SGU is never released as a complete first season set, I may very well never own SGU at all.

Comment

i certainly won't pay 'twice the price' if htey sell it in halves. and, honestly, i don't even know if i'll bother with it. right now the show isn't on my 'gotta have' list....give a choice between tudors s3, dexter s4, emergency s6 and sgu s1....any and every one of the first 3 before i get sgu
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

All comes down to taste and personal preference, I suppose. I watch and enjoy The Tudors, but have no interest in owning on DVD. Never watched Dexter, and never even heard of Emergency. So naturally, SGU on BD would rank higher than all of 'em for me

I'll freely admit though, that a good chunk of my interest comes from wanting to see it in the excellent quality it's clearly produced in. Up here, SPACE only broadcasts in standard definition so when I watch it every Friday it looks like absolute pewp. Downloaded versions are considerably better quality, but still leave a lot to be desired--which, I believe, will be satisfied by finally being able to see the series in HD as it's pretty much demanding.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They should help the fans out like other shows. Apparently the show "Glee" which is releasing it's half season on DVD will include a coupon towards the purchase of the full first season when it is released next fall. I would most likely buy a half season if this type of promotion was included.

Comment

if the half seasons were 10-15 bucks each, not too bad. but i'm sure they're gonna sell them for 25+, ie charge almost full price for half the product.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, exactly. I'd have no issue if they were charging a fair price, but since that's not likely to happen....

s72450's thought is an interesting one, but then I have to wonder--why would you buy the half-season if it's already guaranteed that a full season is on the way? If they were to announce that they're planning on selling SGU Season 1.0 now and a full season set after it finishes airing, there's really no reason why I'd bother wasting the extra money.

Comment

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Stargat...cheduled/13021 - SGU 1.0

With suggested retail price $49.98 US or $59.98 CAN.
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a nice, solid set of extras.

But I'm still not paying full season pricing for half a season of show.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Looks like a nice, solid set of extras.

But I'm still not paying full season pricing for half a season of show.
                          I agree that seems like a really nice set, but I won't be buying it, that's for sure. Too bad they couldn't release a full season set with all that stuff.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I'll freely admit though, that a good chunk of my interest comes from wanting to see it in the excellent quality it's clearly produced in. Up here, SPACE only broadcasts in standard definition so when I watch it every Friday it looks like absolute pewp.
                            I'd have to echo that sentiment. After zooming in on the 4:3 letterbox picture to fill my screen it looks pretty much as you've described. Space needs to go HD. (History channel recently went HD. Maybe Space will be next.)

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            With suggested retail price $49.98 US or $59.98 CAN.
                            eep!

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

wow The 3- Parter Air is going to be extended holy crap!

Comment

Working...
                              X