Opportunity for free supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opportunity for free supplies?

Hmm, think about it. Since the wormhole is gonna be going the same way regardless of which end opened it, it's likely that if destiny tried to dial the planet the solar flare would have blocked it aswell, and probably bounced back to the destiny at an earlier time.

Now its clear that the wormhole would go back in time to before the destiny dropped out of FTL and so wouldn't actually connect to the destiny, but it's also clear that the old stargate design doesn't have the safety feature that prevents gates from locking if they pass through solar flares (the feature that Sam overrided with the dialing computer).

So if Destiny's sensors are good enough, and Rush and Eli could do the Math, they could intentionally try to gate back to themselves at an earlier point and chuck a load of supplies back in time to themselves. Just like the Kino in this episode, they'll be duplicated. And then they could do it again..... lol!

In the other thread (search, it's not hard) this was discussed an generally dismissed as a Bad Idea.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

And there are TWO threads about it and it would be stupid.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

What if, and bear with me here guys, the first thread was from the first time-line, and that changed everything, and now this is a new timeline.

Now, bear with me still, you went back in time to the first thread and posted a reply that made whatever you wrote in the second thread look intelligent. You could keep doing that over and over, impressing people more and more with each temporal iteration!

Wait for the next solar flare and try it!

Comment

Working...
        X