Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the Comunication Stones To Get Home (Ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Comunication Stones To Get Home (Ish)

Right we know that the stones get used to transfer someone elses concious to another. Noiw this is the bit thats probably going to be wrong. What if a person from destiny swapped with someone who is brain dead. This as far as I can tell would prbably kill the origional body of the person as there is nothing to keep them alive.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

They could probably use the principle behind the stones to create technology that would allow them to transport people back. The stones have to be able to transfer energy between the two people using them. If they just increase the amount of energy the stones can transfer then they'll be able to transport the people back.

Comment

To transport a persons conscience the need to rewrite the brain of a person entirely, they don't do that. They make a link(remote control) and control the body. If they swamped brains the wouldn't have jumped back to their bodies when Destiny entered/exited FTL.

Comment

actually i was thinking about something like this except that i would make clones of their original bodies using blood samples taken from them or something and then find a way to allow their consciousnesses to stay in the cloned bodies permanently and then theyd be home free.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
          actually i was thinking about something like this except that i would make clones of their original bodies using blood samples taken from them or something and then find a way to allow their consciousnesses to stay in the cloned bodies permanently and then theyd be home free.
          While the mil on that ship have DNA on registry (for id purpose only) i doubt any of the civilian scientists do.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            While the mil on that ship have DNA on registry (for id purpose only) i doubt any of the civilian scientists do.
            but usually all personell that go through the gate and participate in the stargate program are given full medical workups and even the people on atlantis have blood samples on record for comparison so id be willing to bet that they do. plus, im sure you could find some DNA on them like from a hairbrush or maybe some blood tests from a civillian doctor.

also, if theyve ever used the asgard beaming technology, perhaps it also keeps a record of their DNA to ensure they reassemble the person right and since most people got to iccarus via the Hammond, they were all most likely transported and if it does keep records then they would deffinitely have it.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Most of those medical work ups do not store your dna from it. BUT i will giv you the hair brush thing.

Comment

I like the braindead idea. Only problem is it means settling for living in someone else's body...and really only 2 members of Destiny would be able to do it, surely?

Comment

i think if energy in the stones was 'boosted', it would end up, since its consciousness exchange, sending the people on the other end, to where you are, and you to where they are. earth's far from making clones in the show aint it?
                  ....Its what I do!

Comment

well - why transfere them back:

use the asgard cloning technology (every military person does have his DNA on his record/files so constructing a body should not be the problem) and with a body without consciousness it would be farely easy to get them back

as for not having records of some people: you should be able to "construct" a body (like a puzzle) for everyone of these (and even some of those who might have records but decide like "well i take a risk so you might as well give me a "better" body as a reward")

as for saying: they can't clone, would be like saying "they can't build asgard tech ships" which they are able to do by now use the matter converter tech to produce the stuff (to have it faster then they would by having it built by earth companies) and there you go

mfg Lax
                    ps: they could also use a supergate to connect to the destiny gate an send stuff through (should have enough power and range, so...)
                    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 04 April 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Well I dunno about you guys but I would be pretty picky about choosing a new body from a brain dead person, plus I wouldn't be too happy about giving up a relatives body to someone else

I don't really think it properly swaps people bodies, more it just transfers thought processes in real time with literally no delay so for all intensive purposes it seems like your in someone elses body but your actually not if that makes sense (If it were real body swap tech then the link probably wouldn't swap them back right away when its switched off, and the ftl messing it up)

Also as for using it as a transporter that would require connecting it to computers or transporter technology on both ends, and they don't have that tech aboard the destiny or anything like it (err thinking about it maybe a stargate... dematerialise, send over the link and rematerialise but thats a stretch) and from what I know the tau'ri don't actually understand the technology all that well, so completely changing it like that seems unlikely.. plus if that were actually possible Im sure the ancients or the asgard would have already tried that and had a lot more success then anything the tau'ri could throw together.
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

They said that if one person dies while using the stones the other person dies too. So unless someone on destiny is gonna feed and clothe their real bodies for 60 years it wont work...

Comment

they transfer to other ppls bodies and then the ship flies into a star, the stones are destroyed and they end up dead anyway...also their bodies would starve and theyd die anyway.

Comment

Given the amount of data that would have to be exchanged every second for a link as impressive as what the stones do, they clearly have an enormous bandwidth capability, so why didn't the Ancients just wire them into a bloody computer?

Comment

Maybe they don't work like that. It's possible that they tap into a unique trait of the ancient/human physiology, like extending a latent telepathic ability. Also the Ancients performed a lot of experiments regarding ascension, this could be a rudimentary device that taps into one side of that ability.
                              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Working...
                              X