Stargate Unity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Unity

OK, considering my last attempt at writing a virtual series didn't go as I'd hoped. I thought I'd try a second time! And I must admit, Stargate Dune wasn't really the best title I came up with either. So without further a due, I present to you Stargate : Unity.

STARGATE UNITY

Stargate Unity, follows the adventures of SG-14 on board a new Earth ship Unity. Commanded by Colonel Edward Walsh, he and SG-14 team leader Colonel Richard Blaine after a freak solar flare hyperspace incident find them selfs several billion light years from Earth stranded in an unexplored galaxy.

-STARRING-

MICHAEL IORNSIDE as COLONEL EDWARD WALSH

BRIAN D'ARCY JAMES as COLONEL RICHARD BLAINE

VICTORIA PRATT as LIEUTENANT COLONEL EMILY BANKS

CARLOS BERNARD as LIEUTENANT RYAN YARD

NICOLE de BORE as DR. ALLISON PORTER

JOHN HANNA as DR. ALAN DALE

JANE LEEVES as DR. ALICE YOUNG

-WITH-

DEAN STOCKWELL as SHAL

-AND-

PETER McNICOL as CHANCELLOR ANDORA

SEASON 1:
    Spoiler:

01x01-01x02: ''The Incident, Parts 1 & 2''

01x03: ''Infiltration''

01x04: ''Power''

01x05: ''Shadows''

01x06: ''Fight Ring''

01x07: ''Crossfire''

01x08: ''Lifeless''

01x09: ''Sleeping with the Enemy''

01x10: ''Enemy of my Enemy (1)''

01x11: ''Enemy's Enemy (2)''

01x12: ''Coup''

01x13: ''Survivors''

01x14: ''Cause & Effect''

01x15: ''Illusions''

01x16: ''One''

01x17: ''Medical Emergency''

01x18: ''Dead Space''

01x19: ''Forgotten''

01x20: ''Enemy Lines (1)''

Looking for anyone who is interested in this series, PM me if you are. Looking for website designers, people who know how to make up good aliens names (mine suck )

looks good tho the name stargate unity is already taken :/
    sigpic

Comment

I need more than a cast list and basic premise before i can really say anything beyond "Interesting" in the way Mr Spock from TOS uses it.

Is there an enemy? Is it purely exploratory? What separates these character out from the gaggle of the other SGC personnel?
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I think i need a bit more information about the episodes, plot and characters, since well, it sounds a lot like other Stargate Virtual Series too be honest.

You've got the Brand New ship, Brand New galaxy, New foes, New Alien Outpost, new team, etc, etc. Thing is, i could read about them (or could of) in say, "Stargate: Horizon" or "Olympus" or "Avalon" or even "Dune".

How is "Stargate: Unity" going to be different Homer? Theres little to go on at the moment.
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Well, that is kinda hard to do without giving too much of the story away. I will say this: there WILL be a new foe, it's a totally SHIP based series, and they will have ZERO contact with Earth.

Comment

how can a solar flare POSSIBLY provide travel to a billion LY away place?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
              Well, that is kinda hard to do without giving too much of the story away.
              *bbbbbbooooooooooo*

I will say this: there WILL be a new foe,
              *hhhiiissssssss* (sorry, its nearly Panto season )

they will have ZERO contact with Earth.
              But how they will they find out whats going on with LOST!!!

it's a totally SHIP based series,
              But what about the gate itself? Will there be one?? And more importantly: Will it spin!?!

Also: what about the characters, you've posted only their names at the moment, and their whatsreally going to be the key element in the overall plot, action, comedy, etc, etc. I'm just saying, maybe give a little more back story into them, and how they'll fair far, far, far, far, far(....etc) away in the galaxy of 'Unity'.
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post

But what about the gate itself? Will there be one?? And more importantly: Will it spin!?!

Also: what about the characters, you've posted only their names at the moment, and their whatsreally going to be the key element in the overall plot, action, comedy, etc, etc. I'm just saying, maybe give a little more back story into them, and how they'll fair far, far, far, far, far(....etc) away in the galaxy of 'Unity'.
                Yes, there will be a Stargate on board the ship just looking for a plausable way of putting one on it. LOL at the 'Will it spin''. And thirdly, that is one of the reasons why I am asking for asstince with this series.

Also, I like calling the galaxy 'Unity'. Never thought of that, if that's what you are implying

Comment

Could post some more detailed information about the characters. Like their personalities and other stuff. Something like what I did with the main characters of Stargate Verantia.

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  THE CAST

Regulars

Harry Lennix as Colonel Marcus Adrian, 44, American
                  An experienced former gate team leader and a pilot that is the expedition's military commander. He has a soft spot for Major Dixon. He will be the leader of Verantia-1. He used to be the captain of the Hyperion until it was destroyed. He was also married for a short time before he joined the stargate program. During the first few days in Verantia he struggles with the death of his good friend, Lieutenant Colonel Carl Anders.
                  Spoiler:

Yvonne Strahovski as Major Hannah "Phoenix" Dixon, 36, American
                  A very capable pilot that was the CAG on the X-305 Hyperion up until a year ago. She had a brother named Brian, but he died several months before the mission. She has known Colonel Adrian since she was a little girl, because Adrian was a good friend of her father, and he raised her and her brother after her father died and her mother was institutionalized.
                  Spoiler:

Steve Valentine as Dr. Alexander Farrell, 42, British
                  A brilliant and slightly excentric astrophysicist/engineer that loves a good adventure. He is a long time member of the stargate program, and the reason for him joining this mission is that he has nothing at all on earth. He is completely devoted to his work, and the closest thing he has to a family is his protégé, Natalie Bauer.
                  Spoiler:

David Anders as Lieutenant Gabriel Lennox, 25, American
                  A former gate team member that has served on the Hyperion at the same time as Major Dixon. Something happened between the Major and him while on the Hyperion. He is one the people that struggles the most with being stranded far from home, because he had to leave behind his mother who is dying from cancer.
                  Spoiler:

Jill Hennessy as Dr. Kimberly Ross, 40, Canadian
                  An archeologist and a diplomat that found the location of the city in the Atlantis database. She is one of those people who has the least problems with being stuck there because she has no one left. Her husband died from Tuberculosis after they had been married for three years. She did not know it at the time, but she was pregnant with their son Derek at the time. Derek and Kim was in a car crash six years later, and Derek died from his injuries. So now she pretty much feels that life has screwed her over too many times and she doesn't care if she lives or dies anymore.
                  Spoiler:

Paul McGillion as Dr. Carson Beckett, 40, British
                  The expeditions chief medical officer. He was not happy with working on Atlantis because he always felt like something was wrong, therefore he jumped at the chance of joining the expedition so he could try to put the whole clone ordeal behind him and just focus on the future.
                  Spoiler:

Dichen Lachman as Natalie Bauer, 27, Australian
                  A young prodigy that is eager to learn new things. Dr. Farrells's protégé. She is one of the youngest, but still one of the most brilliant members of the expedition. She has a dark past that she doesn't like to talk about to her fellow expedition memebers. During her childhood years she and her identical twin sister, Sonia lived with her drug-addict moher and a father that only came by to have sex and beat up her mother. Eventually something happended that changed all that, but only she and her sister knows about it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Something like that, but it doesn't need to be as detailed.
                  Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 19 November 2009, 12:10 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    Could post some more detailed information about the characters. Like their personalities and other stuff. Something like what I did with the main characters of Stargate Verantia.

Something like that, but it doesn't need to be as detailed.
                    Doing that know. Writing up some profiles, as well as profiles for the two alien regulars.

Comment

Yes, there will be a Stargate on board the ship just looking for a plausable way of putting one on it.
                      Okay, throwing a couple of ideas into the ring about that.

a) simple method - have the ship drop out of hyperspace and dial from the orbit of a planet (like Anubis Motherships at the end of SG1 Season 1) Of course, the address would change for every new planet.

b) how about a Gate NOT built by the Ancients? (again, the Tollan built this in Sg1. "Wwwaaayyy smarter than us"). Maybe a race in the galaxy did some experiments with a SGU gate, and made it able to dial while in the vaccum of space? (just don't ask me how. Maybe they installed a Flux Capacitor or something )

And thirdly, that is one of the reasons why I am asking for asstince with this series.
                      ^ i'm sure theres might be a few people willing to help, like EvilSpaceAlien (who really i hope isn't Evil )

Also, I like calling the galaxy 'Unity'. Never thought of that, if that's what you are implying
                      Not a bad idea. Of course, is there a reason why i'd be called 'Unity'?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, throwing a couple of ideas into the ring about that.

a) simple method - have the ship drop out of hyperspace and dial from the orbit of a planet (like Anubis Motherships at the end of SG1 Season 1) Of course, the address would change for every new planet.

b) how about a Gate NOT built by the Ancients? (again, the Tollan built this in Sg1. "Wwwaaayyy smarter than us"). Maybe a race in the galaxy did some experiments with a SGU gate, and made it able to dial while in the vaccum of space? (just don't ask me how. Maybe they installed a Flux Capacitor or something )

^ i'm sure theres might be a few people willing to help, like EvilSpaceAlien (who really i hope isn't Evil )

Not a bad idea. Of course, is there a reason why i'd be called 'Unity'?
                        I like the Tollan idea, and the human built Stargate. Different operational system=endless possibilites?

On the universe naming, I originally had the ship as ''UNITY''. But, I can see it working both ways too. And the fact that the ship is BRAND NEW that could work quiet well with the Stargate being on board.

Comment

I like the Tollan idea, and the human built Stargate. Different operational system=endless possibilites?
                          when you say "human built", you mean, built by earth right? Theres a lot of humoid aliens out there!!.

And whats wrong with sticking a Stargate on a banged up Deadalus? Okay, she may leak a little hear and there, and the primary buffer panel might keep falling off, and the doors might jam, but with a little TLC and Love, i'm sure she'd keep on flyin' even when shes not meant too (kudos if anyone gets the refrence)

There's a lot of ideas to explore and such.

sigpic

Comment

when you say "human built", you mean, built by earth right? Theres a lot of humoid aliens out there!!.
                            Yes, Earth built

Comment

First off, thank you all for posting and keeping this thread alive! I have decided to cut Season 1 down to about 15 episodes. And have changed the titles of these episodes, a little:

Season 1:
                              Spoiler:

01x01-01x02: ''The Incident, Parts 1 & 2''

01x03: ''Latent Images''

01x04: ''Marooned''

01x05: ''Hand of Evil''

01x06: ''Balance of Power''

01x07: ''Timeless''

01x08: ''The Vortex''

01x09: ''Three Suns''

01x10: ''Friend or Foe''

01x11: ''Vanished''