The Haitian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Haitian

So we finally know his name. Renee. I actually wished we didn't know it, it takes away some of the mystique.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    So we finally know his name. Renee. I actually wished we didn't know it, it takes away some of the mystique.
    He still has plenty.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm actually glad we know (although I admit, I missed it in the episode). Before this, he was the same as HRG. A character of some power, though with no name. I like to be able to put a name on a character.

I am curious though, before now, even Angela has referred to him as 'The Haitian'. Have the writers only just figured out a name for him?
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
        I'm actually glad we know (although I admit, I missed it in the episode). Before this, he was the same as HRG. A character of some power, though with no name. I like to be able to put a name on a character.

I am curious though, before now, even Angela has referred to him as 'The Haitian'. Have the writers only just figured out a name for him?
        Maybe his name is rarely used to keep him as secretive as possible.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It seems to provide an air of secrecy, mystique and power to the character. I'm not sure exactly why it does that though. I would've rathered him stay as the Haitian.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Although it seems like everybody knows his name now.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I sure hope they don't always refer to him by name now. I liked them calling him the Haitian.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Maybe his name is rarely used to keep him as secretive as possible.
                Quite possible.

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                It seems to provide an air of secrecy, mystique and power to the character. I'm not sure exactly why it does that though. I would've rathered him stay as the Haitian.
                I can appreciate where you are coming from, but I like to know the names of characters (personally).

A question for you though, in regards to Noah. Would you have given Noah a name, or would you have simple stuck with HRG?

This much is true.

I sure hope they don't always refer to him by name now. I liked them calling him the Haitian.
                Now that we know his name, I expect that is what they will use. Think back to Noah, before he was simply known as HRG, then the moment we found out his name, everyone called him Noah. It'll be the same now with Renee.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Quite possible.
                  A question for you though, in regards to Noah. Would you have given Noah a name, or would you have simple stuck with HRG?
                  I suppose for him I would've liked to know his first name. How they did it with Noah was great- keep him mysterious for a full season, then reveal his name at the finale. He was too big of a character to keep secret a first name.

Comment

I guess they will be using his actual name all the time now.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I guess they will be using his actual name all the time now.
                      ...I thought they were handling it pretty well? I was more or less under the impression that it worked like this: when addressing him personally, they tend to use his real name, but they still generally refer to him as "The Haitian" under more informal conditions. Noah and Lauren, at the very least, have definitely been tossing around his nickname as a sort of verb lately, haven't they?
                      I don't know... I guess it just hasn't really bothered me? *shrugs*

on the plus side:
                      Spoiler:
                      PETER CAN ABSORB THE HAITIAN'S ABILITY

...which we (or at least I) have wondering about basically since Season 1. Glad to finally get an answer.
                      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747 View Post
                        on the plus side:
                        Spoiler:
                        PETER CAN ABSORB THE HAITIAN'S ABILITY

...which we (or at least I) have wondering about basically since Season 1. Glad to finally get an answer.
                        But this presents a dillema - if the Haitian can neutralise other people's powers, then Peter's power-absorbing ability shouldn't have worked either.
                        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I think that it's well developed that he can select different abilities to block.. and he can't block everything.

But why does he follow the command of everyone else? Why is he always there to do what they want?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            I think that it's well developed that he can select different abilities to block.. and he can't block everything.

But why does he follow the command of everyone else? Why is he always there to do what they want?
                            He is at their service. That is the role he plays, and I am sure it goes back to something in his past. Something they have never fully explained. The Company must have done something very big for him at some point in his life, and he feels indebted to people like Noah and the Petrellis.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              But this presents a dillema - if the Haitian can neutralise other people's powers, then Peter's power-absorbing ability shouldn't have worked either.
                              Yeah, during this episode, Sylar was able to use his abilities around Peter, until Peter turned them off himself. I don't think it's selective. He either turns all powers off within a vicinity, or he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X