No announcement yet.

Theme song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully never. They just look cheap and outdated, and really add nothing to the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Hopefully never. They just look cheap and outdated, and really add nothing to the experience.
      I tend to agree. I am a big fan of leaving them out because I hate watching them - no matter how cool I might find them the first time around.

As for the 'Theme' music, I think what we hear during the end titles/credits is the SGU theme song... and it reminds me of Babylon 5's theme.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I really like the end theme. i'm still trying to get it as an mp3.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          "You're free, but in your mind, your freedom's in a bind..."
          Good song
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm in agreement for the non-theme-tune-with-slowmo-picture opening of each show. After seeing that the first 10 times on any show, I always fast forward. With SGU I don't have to bother, which is a welcome change.
            The ending credits music is starting to grow on me too. When I first heard it, it sounded unmemorable, but now it's more of a familiar tune. I still would quite like Gravity by Embassy played at the end though. Whenever I hear that song now it reminds me of SGU. But I guess the end music is quite classy and in keeping with the show's vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
              I really like the end theme. i'm still trying to get it as an mp3.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wf-QWfAeAg

How to convert a Youtube video into a mp3 file, start Googling!

Comment

Wow!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3H9zJ2lyo

And more wow!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdeeLS6BM0
                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

By the end of SGA and SG-1 I was well and truly sick of the theme song. So no theme song for SGU works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                    It's become sort of a stamp for most television drama's that are on the box these days. For example Heroes, House, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica. All have relatively short intro's.

I for one like the small electric guitar intro we have as it quickly gets us back to the story and doesn't detract from it at all. It's less intrusive this way and draws you in alot more.
                    Actually Galactica had three intros for every episode: Previously on... (usually included added scenes); the standard bearer set to celtic music; and the drum beaten preview of the episode high points.

I too would like Universe to have an opening sequence aside from seeing the phallic ship followed by the 'previously on...' segment. I personally liked the way that the theme for Atlantis was tied to the theme for SG1 to create a little bit of a link between the series. But it isn't about the show, it's about the advertisers, or specifically the time the network wants to sell to the advertisers. This show costs a lot of money!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                      It's become sort of a stamp for most television drama's that are on the box these days. For example Heroes, House, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica. All have relatively short intro's.

I for one like the small electric guitar intro we have as it quickly gets us back to the story and doesn't detract from it at all. It's less intrusive this way and draws you in alot more.
                      Dexter Intro is pretty long.

Tru blood got a excellent opening theme tune. I always like the Big bang one to.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 19 November 2009, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tNsRAoL View Post
                        By the end of SGA and SG-1 I was well and truly sick of the theme song. So no theme song for SGU works for me.
                        Theme songs are nice for the sorta Pavlovian reaction of getting excited for the show, but after a bit it's like "OK, let's get on with the show!" and they just sorta suck up time...
                        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

I would rather have a theme song than the clip of Rush and Scott saying various lines such as "the design is clearly ancient" and "we have no idea where we are in relation to earth" that seems to be at the start of every episode.

Comment

theme songs are something from the 90's
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                            X