Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sort of confused about the opening sequences.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    1. S1/2/3(?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDS6...eature=related
    2. S4/5(?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41iL...eature=related
    3. S6/7/8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx7Rr...eature=related
    4. S9/10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR90P1GhZA4

At least to my knowledge. On a side note- I'm not sure why Goldsmith recorded the music in different keys for each, except from 2-3. It goes up in key from 1-2, then again from 3-4.

My personal favorite is number 3, with number 1 in a close 2nd.
    On the DVDs they're all the same key. It's the YouTube recordings that are off-pitch in relation to each other.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I found this on Wikipedia and it seems correct.
      The first opening title sequence, used in the first five seasons, shows a slow-pan camera move over a Ra's mask. The Stargate SG-1 producers had run out of time before the premiere of season 1 and simply re-used the accelerated opening title sequence of the feature film, the sequence remained the same until the show's move to the Sci-Fi Channel. During the first five seasons when the show was syndicated a separate introduction was used; this intro is still used by Sci-Fi for seasons 1-5. This version uses action shots of the original cast.
      The opening title sequence of the first two season 6 episodes shows a turning Stargate, for which a Frazier lens was put as close as 1/8 inch (3 mm) to the Stargate prop. The opening credits of the following episodes intercut this material with live-action shots of the characters from previous seasons and ended with the SG-1 team stepping through the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Daria View Post
        I found this on Wikipedia and it seems correct.
        The first opening title sequence, used in the first five seasons, shows a slow-pan camera move over a Ra's mask. The Stargate SG-1 producers had run out of time before the premiere of season 1 and simply re-used the accelerated opening title sequence of the feature film, the sequence remained the same until the show's move to the Sci-Fi Channel. During the first five seasons when the show was syndicated a separate introduction was used; this intro is still used by Sci-Fi for seasons 1-5. This version uses action shots of the original cast.
        The opening title sequence of the first two season 6 episodes shows a turning Stargate, for which a Frazier lens was put as close as 1/8 inch (3 mm) to the Stargate prop. The opening credits of the following episodes intercut this material with live-action shots of the characters from previous seasons and ended with the SG-1 team stepping through the Stargate.
        This is correct. The 'Pharaoh' opening was used on Showtime for Seasons 1-5 and the opening with the shots of the Cast was used for syndication. Why they mixed it all up on the DVD's I have no clue.

Perfecto!

Comment

There are many different opening sequences. Here we go...

1. - The one they ripped straight from the original Stargate movie. The Ra mask one. Used in the original Showtime broadcasts during seasons 1 through 5, and on DVD for COTG, Nemesis and seasons 4 & 5.

2. - Seasons 1 through 5 syndication version. Used on the DVDs for seasons 1 through 3, with the exception of COTG and Nemesis. This is the one that starts out with close ups of the gate spinning bathed in blue light and contains shots from the first season (plus one or two from the second). This one happens to be my favorite.

3. - The first Season 6 version, used originally in the first three episodes as they aired but only the first two on the DVD. This is the one that consists almost entirely out of close up footage of the gate spinning, with a final shot of the team stepping through the gate.

4. - Second Season 6 version, with shots from the episodes. (Note: Link contains Russian dubbing cause it's all I could find!)

5. - Third Season 6 version, used late in the season. Same as the previous one, except the shot of RDA in the sarcophagus from 'Abyss' has been replaced by a shot of him firing his weapon from 'Paradise Lost'.

6. - Season 7 version. Similar to the Season 6 version, but with some new footage and obviously with Michael Shanks instaead of Corin Nemec.

7. - Season 8 version. Similar to the last couple of versions but with some new footage (Teal'c's got hair!!!11!!) and the first without Don S. Davis. Also features lots of things getting blown up.

8. - Short Season 9 version. You know, that awful ten second "opening" that SciFi had the producers use for the first half of the season.

9. - Full Season 9 version. Used throughout the second half of season 9 on SciFi, and the entire season 9 on the DVDs. This one has a different design than the ones from seasons 6 through 8 - different fonts for the credits, CGI shots of the gate, etc.

10. - First full Season 10 version. Very similar to the Season 9 version but with Claudia Black credited and some different footage.

11. - '200' version. "Just throw up the title and get on with it!"

12. - Second full Season 10 version. Same as the first full Season 10 version, except that in the final shot of the team walking up the ramp and through the gate, Vala now comes running after them (they started using this version in the episode following the one where she officially joined the team, can't remember the name right now).

...holy crap, I'm a nerd.
          Last edited by Ugly Pig; 30 November 2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Me ees a loosy spellar!!1
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Good list. My favourite was always, and will always be the Ra Mask intro, as it linked it in with the movie, and that will ALWAYS be the definitive Stargate to me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
              Spoiler:

1. - The one they ripped straight from the original Stargate movie. The Ra mask one. Used in the original Showtime broadcasts during seasons 1 through 5, and on DVD for COTG, Nemesis and seasons 4 & 5.

2. - Seasons 1 through 5 syndication version. Used on the DVDs for seasons 1 through 3, with the exception of COTG and Nemesis. This is the one that starts out with close ups of the gate spinning bathed in blue light and contains shots from the first season (plus one or two from the second). This one happens to be my favorite.

3. - The first Season 6 version, used originally in the first three episodes as they aired but only the first two on the DVD. This is the one that consists almost entirely out of close up footage of the gate spinning, with a final shot of the team stepping through the gate.

4. - Second Season 6 version, with shots from the episodes. (Note: Link contains Russian dubbing cause it's all I could find!)

5. - Third Season 6 version, used late in the season. Same as the previous one, except the shot of RDA in the sarcophagus from 'Abyss' has been replaced by a shot of him firing his weapon from 'Paradise Lost'.

6. - Season 7 version. Similar to the Season 6 version, but with some new footage and obviously with Michael Shanks instaead of Corin Nemec.

7. - Season 8 version. Similar to the last couple of versions but with some new footage (Teal'c's got hair!!!11!!) and the first without Don S. Davis. Also features lots of things getting blown up.

8. - Short Season 9 version. You know, that awful ten second "opening" that SciFi had the producers use for the first half of the season.

9. - Full Season 9 version. Used throughout the second half of season 9 on SciFi, and the entire season 9 on the DVDs. This one has a different design than the ones from seasons 6 through 8 - different fonts for the credits, CGI shots of the gate, etc.

10. - First full Season 10 version. Very similar to the Season 9 version but with Claudia Black credited and some different footage.

12. - Second full Season 10 version. Same as the first full Season 10 version, except that in the final shot of the team walking up the ramp and through the gate, Vala now comes running after them (they started using this version in the episode following the one where she officially joined the team, can't remember the name right now).

Yay! Now this won't bug me anymore Good list!!
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

so many people were mad about vala running up the ramp lol
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  so many people were mad about vala running up the ramp lol
                  Tbh it sums up Vala's presence on SG1. Non professional tag along with very little to bring to operational effectiveness. The scene was all 'hey look, we have a shiny new toy, look how we add her in!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wow, 10 seasons and 12 different opening credits! INSANE! Thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Wow, 10 seasons and 12 different opening credits! INSANE! Thanks very much!
                      There's only 4 majorly different ones... I don't count minor scene changes as different opening credits. JMO though.

And about the key changes... I thought they were different in the Hulu versions also. I haven't compared the DVD's.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                      X