No announcement yet.

Sergeant Greer's excellent taste in music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's just another example of the writers really delving deep into the characters. The music Greer listens to helps define his character and even opens up more questions about his past and life.

I look forward to learning more about Greer.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
      there was music? all i heard was the distorted screeching of a cat having it's intestines removed through it's mouth.
      I saw some faint musical resemblance... But not much. ^That's about all I heard too. It wasn't even that loud, and as soon as I heard it, I'm just like "shut it off. shut it off!". Yeah, I'm not sure why I talk in lower case, yet type in upper case, either.

Although, I will give that it was 10x better than the music at the club during Earth.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        And let's not forget Bon Jovi, what with his Blaze of Glory speech...
        All this is pointing me towards Greer being one of those square jawed " Jesus fire" marines. Absolutely fearless and scary as hell. I love those guys!

Comment

Although, I will give that it was 10x better than the music at the club during Earth.
          We're at least stepping in the right direction, then.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
            My opinion is inverted and of greater magnitude.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Im holding out for when they actually play a guns and roses song which would be kick ass!

Comment

Yeah, if they do start playing more and more contemporary songs, I hope they start making them a bit more mainstream. Not like Miley Cyrus/Brittany Spears mainstream (HECK NO!), but something awesome.. I wonder if they could fit Coldplay in somehow...

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                  Yeah, if they do start playing more and more contemporary songs, I hope they start making them a bit more mainstream. Not like Miley Cyrus/Brittany Spears mainstream (HECK NO!), but something awesome.. I wonder if they could fit Coldplay in somehow...
                  Oh, for the love of God, please no...

Besides, it's a rule - either use indie music or classic rock, otherwise the TV Gods shall strike you down.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    Oh, for the love of God, please no...

Besides, it's a rule - either use indie music or classic rock, otherwise the TV Gods shall strike you down.
                    that song at the end of air was more jazz/blues/R&B and sounded pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                      Im holding out for when they actually play a guns and roses song which would be kick ass!
                      Holy crap. Guns and Roses. SGU is sketchy enough. I wouldn't feel right about it being associated with Axle Rose. JK. They did have some pretty kewl songs back in thu day.

Welcome to the Jungle might have appropriate for the Time episode.
                      Last edited by jcainhaze; 17 November 2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                        that song at the end of air was more jazz/blues/R&B and sounded pretty good...
                        Alexi Murdoch counts as indie.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Coldplay in SGU, actually. I rather like them, no matter what my enjoyment of the 'screeching cats' Greer was listening to might lead you to assume. I can think of a few songs by them that might have been appropriate at the end of 'Air'.

Ultimately, I'd have been happier if contemporary music stayed the heck out of the franchise. But now that that door has been opened, I might as well hope for the best. Janelle Monae (I'm sure to be spelling that wrong; don't really care) didn't do it for me. That music was driving me insane. Not my cup of tea.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

i hate rock music so greer loses points
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Greer loses points for the music in my book as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                i hate rock music so greer loses points
                                It's alternative hip-hop, not rock...

Comment

Working...
                                X